ADVERTISEMENT

Gus Johnson is the best.

Gus is wrong though about TAH being the "Carnegie Hall of Basketball" TAH is actually the Sistine Chapel of Basketball.

Reactions: ufo33
Gus is really good. However, I do not agree with his position on the Kansas vs K State brawl. If I recall correctly he said something along the lines of, "these things happen in sports". RAF had a good suggestion to do away with the handshake line (other than the coaches) and allow the teams to go directly to their locker rooms. Sad that it could come to that.

I'd rather have Walt Frazier and Bill Walton every time, keep it interesting, they say the funniest, crazy shit, Grateful Dead quotes and fashion tips … they're hilarious but they also know bball. No disrespect to Fish, but that would be fun even if we're losing, for those that still grab on radio

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
I'd rather have Walt Frazier and Bill Walton every time, keep it interesting, they say the funniest, crazy shit, Grateful Dead quotes and fashion tips … they're hilarious but they also know bball. No disrespect to Fish, but that would be fun even if we're losing, for those that still grab on radio
Walton is a grandstanding dope and makes my ears bleed. You will hear some different things though.

Gus is really good. However, I do not agree with his position on the Kansas vs K State brawl. If I recall correctly he said something along the lines of, "these things happen in sports". RAF had a good suggestion to do away with the handshake line (other than the coaches) and allow the teams to go directly to their locker rooms. Sad that it could come to that.

I TOTALLY disagree with RAF and his take of no handshakes. These are young adults and they need to learn to handle adversity and disappointment.

What needs to happen is it to be known and enforced that HUGE penalties will come with that kind of behavior in the future. It wouldn't bother me if the penalty would be 6-8 games suspension for first offense, and entire season with the second.

Ask Cincinnati vs Xavier if they agree with no handshake line?

I agree with you. It seemed like it was more of a, "boys will be boys" comment. I don't agree with RAF on getting rid of the handshake line. We just need to teach our players to be better sportsmen.

Walt Frazier cracks me up. His use of words is very unique when it comes to sports.

Gus is good but it was like he contractually obligated to say "the all time assisst leader" every time he said Cassius Winston name

The solution isn’t to do away with handshake lines. The solution is to compete hard but not taunt your opponent, compete hard but do it with class, compete hard but be an adult and congratulate your opponent when the game ends. It’s called sportsmanship and doing away with it doesn’t make things better.

Reactions: papawboog
Pat Graham never shook anyone's hand after a game and never got in any fights.

I TOTALLY disagree with RAF and his take of no handshakes. These are young adults and they need to learn to handle adversity and disappointment.

What needs to happen is it to be known and enforced that HUGE penalties will come with that kind of behavior in the future. It wouldn't bother me if the penalty would be 6-8 games suspension for first offense, and entire season with the second.

There should be fines for the programs to pay. That will get the attention necessary. Players are compensated for playing, they need to be fined as well through reduced benefits.

Handshake lines play no real role at this age and haven't since the kids were 10. Should they be given a concessions stand ticket as well?

Coaches should shake hands and move on. When a player or coach wants to go say something to a specific player they know...do it. Just like the NFL

I really like Walton and Frazier. And if you want some comic homerism, watch Heinsohn on a Celtics game. The guy who works with Walton (Pasch) is really good. He also does NBA games with Van Gundy and those are really entertaining.

There should be fines for the programs to pay. That will get the attention necessary. Players are compensated for playing, they need to be fined as well through reduced benefits.

Handshake lines play no real role at this age and haven't since the kids were 10. Should they be given a concessions stand ticket as well?

Coaches should shake hands and move on. When a player or coach wants to go say something to a specific player they know...do it. Just like the NFL

I'm all for continuing the handshake lines..............they are done in every BT sport I watch............a matter of respect for the game and for the competition.

I'm all for continuing the handshake lines..............they are done in every BT sport I watch............a matter of respect for the game and for the competition.
They’re also voluntary. Doing away with them because of a very rare occurrence makes no sense, since they’re not the cause of any animosity.

Something like, Winston...... as good as it should be.

LMAO........... You have to be a certain age or a phd in media/marketing history to know it went like this "Winston tastes good! Like a cigarette should!" Generations born after cigarette marketing was banned from mass media would probably find these ads hilarious. I wouldn't mind seeing a short montage of some of the more memorable ones....

Raff was definitely showing his age.

McHoop

Reactions: Spartans9312
LMAO........... You have to be a certain age or a phd in media/marketing history to know it went like this "Winston tastes good! Like a cigarette should!" Generations born after cigarette marketing was banned from mass media would probably find these ads hilarious. I wouldn't mind seeing a short montage of some of the more memorable ones....

McHoop
If you seek out old radio shows you can still hear the ads that aired on them sometimes. That's how I know that 4 out of 5 doctors say Lucky Strikes cause less throat irritation. And with more flavor!

Reactions: McHoop
I agree with you. It seemed like it was more of a, "boys will be boys" comment. I don't agree with RAF on getting rid of the handshake line. We just need to teach our players to be better sportsmen.
Get rid of the fake handshake line. Everybody does not
get a trophy.

McHoop

The solution isn’t to do away with handshake lines. The solution is to compete hard but not taunt your opponent, compete hard but do it with class, compete hard but be an adult and congratulate your opponent when the game ends. It’s called sportsmanship and doing away with it doesn’t make things better.
100% agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT