ADVERTISEMENT

Gus Etchison

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
Senior PG at Hamilton Heights. Committed to Western Michigan. Kid's the type of long range threat that we could use (he's increased his 3 point % each of his 4 years from 31 his freshman year to 56 so far this year) but probably too small (6'0 145 pounds) and looks kind of slow to compete in the Big 10. He knocked down 8 3 pointers in Heights' win last night.

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-bas...ia/hamilton-heights-high-school/gus-etchison2

Reactions: TheShadow1087
Senior PG at Hamilton Heights. Committed to Western Michigan. Kid's the type of long range threat that we could use (he's increased his 3 point % each of his 4 years from 31 his freshman year to 56 so far this year) but probably too small (6'0 145 pounds) and looks kind of slow to compete in the Big 10. He knocked down 8 3 pointers in Heights' win last night.

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-bas...ia/hamilton-heights-high-school/gus-etchison2
He’s no Luke Brown!

Gus could play offense in the Big Ten from to go... he'd struggle defensively until he added muscle. The kid can flat out score plus he has big time hops...

And for my money, he's better than Luke Brown. I've watched both in high school and the AAU setting since 9th grade.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
He is the young man who lost his father to a farming accident recently, correct? Hope nothing but the best for him either way.

That is correct
I watched Gus vs Western Boone tonight and he finished with 31 points. He did not play in the 4th qtr since they had a huge lead. I believe the announcer said he was averaging 33.5 points per game. He has been over 40 a few times already this season.. Western Michigan and the Mac conference will be a perfect fit for him as he's just 6 foot tall but has some huge hops. If you enjoy watching high school basketball Gus is a very fun player to watch. I would recommend checking out the Hamilton Heights YouTube page and tuning into a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT