ADVERTISEMENT

Guilty as charged

bigmac76

All-American
Dec 23, 2003
I must admit after beating Purdue & OSU at home and taking it to Wisconsin and Iowa in away games, I thought this team had the make up of a 5-6 seed in the NCAA tourney (you guys remember the Dance don't you?)...I have been proven to be sadly mistaken to have sipped the Hoosier Kool aid :confused:

I must admit after beating Purdue & OSU at home and taking it to Wisconsin and Iowa in away games, I thought this team had the make up of a 5-6 seed in the NCAA tourney (you guys remember the Dance don't you?)...I have been proven to be sadly mistaken to have sipped the Hoosier Kool aid :confused:
Have you not learned in the last twenty years to not buy into any hype about an IU team? You only will set yourself up for a big big letdown in the end. What IU is doing right now is what basically happens every season other than a few Crean seasons but those ended in NCAA flame out anyway. IU teams anre not mentally strong and why they can never sustain any success for more than a few games.

Have you not learned in the last twenty years to not buy into any hype about an IU team? You only will set yourself up for a big big letdown in the end. What IU is doing right now is what basically happens every season other than a few Crean seasons but those ended in NCAA flame out anyway. IU teams anre not mentally strong and why they can never sustain any success for more than a few games.
Thank You Sir...May I have another :-(

Reactions: mk24
"IU teams are not mentally strong", do you think it's an institutional issue? Something in the water?

They’ll eventually turn corner under Coach Woodson - all of us should feel great about that.

May not be for another year or two though which sucks. Seems like every year we just want to fast forward to the next.

But, the right person is in charge now.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Props to you, at least you tried to sip the Kool-Aid. I'm still sipping the Kool-Aid. Go IU

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
"IU teams are not mentally strong", do you think it's an institutional issue? Something in the water?
I think they are mentally strong. They just need some more wrinkles in the offense, particularly to get the ball to TJD going to or nearer the basket. He needs to be moving more rather than just posting up. Come on Woody, listen to coach Fife. :)

Reactions: Sassy61

289fca4c-bc92-4456-8afe-2bd550316a64_text.gif

They’ll eventually turn corner under Coach Woodson - all of us should feel great about that.

May not be for another year or two though which sucks. Seems like every year we just want to fast forward to the next.

I don't think Fife will tolerate any crap, either.

Reactions: Sassy61
I think they are mentally strong. They just need some more wrinkles in the offense, particularly to get the ball to TJD going to or nearer the basket. He needs to be moving more rather than just posting up. Come on Woody, listen to coach Fife. :)
The only offense innovation I've seen since this season has begun is Galloway driving into the lane repeatedly and hitting floaters with no opposition.

Reactions: bailey777

Hopefully they will but we say that with every new coach so I guess we will see. It has been wash and repeat every time a new coach and have to wait three to four years to see if it is going to work or not. I remember people said the exact same thing about Archie early on.

Woodson inherited and brought in players who never experienced winning at the collegiate level. It’ll take time to change that.

"...taking it to Wisconsin and Iowa in away games" - I.U. lost at Wisconsin and Iowa - what are you talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT