ADVERTISEMENT

Guess McConnell is taking a page from Obama..

pro choice when it is the least bad in a list of bad available choices. I don't agree with abortion being used as birth control.

DC doesn't need to be a state, just make it part of Virginia and/or Maryland. Problem solved. Puerto Rico eventually should be a state, I think. California would be better as two or three states. I suspect Democrats would benefit from all this, most likely, but it might not be as drastically as making DC and PR states alone.

I would be fine with DC being part of MD or VA. Virginia probably makes the most sense as Jefferson was instrumental in it being the capital. I agree PR should be a state if their residents vote for it. Splitting states opens up a whole can of worms though. Not sure it would be a good idea

People should be able to choose a plan that covers birth control or doesn't . Pro-choice.

Most people get insurance through employer. Don't get a choice.

So you would rather people get abortions than have affordable birth control options?

Or is it just pro-birth but once baby is born, against any government assistance because that is just handouts for lazy people. Of course, tax breaks for the rich is fine though.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
So why should the employer or insurance company get to decide if people get birth control covered?

For people that think abortion is murder, they certainly do not understand the importance of easily accessible/affordable birth control options.

Most people get insurance through employer. Don't get a choice.

So you would rather people get abortions than have affordable birth control options?

Or is it just pro-birth but once baby is born, against any government assistance because that is just handouts for lazy people. Of course, tax breaks for the rich is fine though.
Outside of a very few policies, birth control has always been a covered service. In my area, the outliers were for the most part employees of the Catholic Church.
It's been available at the lowest co-pay on most plans. Indiana Medicaid has had a zero co-pay for birth control for as long as I can remember. When all other meds were $3, birth control was zero.

What Democratic norms are being violated? There have been instances in the past where Presidents in this exact position filled Supreme Court seats. That is their constitutional duty. And the Senate is to provide advice and consent. There is not some Democratic Norm Rule that says that the left wing of this nation is guaranteed 4 seats on the Supreme Court, nor do outgoing Justices get any real say on whom or when their seat is filled. The Republicans are currently following the rules. You want to be pissed over Garland, have at it. We have had candidates Borked and Kavanaughed so getting lectured about gentlemanly behavior is ****ing laughable.

Now, you want to talk about breaking norms? Packing the court because you lost elections is breaking norms. Packing a court because an 80+ year old jurist, who could have retired when a Democrat would pick her replacement, rolled the dice and lost. Adding states to try and have additional Senators for team blue. That is breaking norms when you intend to do it by simple majority rule by ending the filibuster.

Don't put your willingness to start fudging rules because you cannot win enough elections on us. When rulings went against the right, they dug in for a decades long process to get to this point. You want abortion? Go vote on it in Congress like laws are supposed to be done. You know, the Democratic Norms you are bitching about.

Adding states and packing the court is what is outside the norms. You do that you might as well just split the country up now.
I've been for splitting the country into Red America and Blue America for 25 years. Great idea - you're late.

It was brought up a year to 2 ago. Not sure they'll be successful.
So bring in Democratic Puerto Rico and a Republican Northern California and we have classic American political compromise. Wouldn't that be nice?

Republican Northern California? Hardly. The only way Republicans could split Cali into two parts and gain an advantage, would be to spilt it long ways. Inland farm country and Coastal. At this point, I’d be all in on keeping the state whole and succeeding from the so called Union. :cool:

Reactions: UncleMark
Republican Northern California? Hardly. The only way Republicans could split Cali into two parts and gain an advantage, would be to spilt it long ways. Inland farm country and Coastal. At this point, I’d be all in on keeping the state whole and succeeding from the so called Union. :cool:
I was just throwing it out there. I think PR could be admitted as a state, but it will likely take admitting another state that is likely less Democratic as a compromise.

Reactions: Morrison
I would be fine with DC being part of MD or VA. Virginia probably makes the most sense as Jefferson was instrumental in it being the capital. I agree PR should be a state if their residents vote for it. Splitting states opens up a whole can of worms though. Not sure it would be a good idea
I was just throwing it out there. I think PR could be admitted as a state, but it will likely take admitting another state that is likely less Democratic as a compromise.

Does the American public get a say in whether or not Puerto Rico becomes a state? Or only Puerto Rican residents deserve a say?

I'd be happy to give Puerto Rico away for free. It's been a major $$$ liability for years. Corrupt. And if I'm not mistaken, Puerto Rican citizens receive favorable tax treatment.

You guys get the south.
Blue United States of America would be pretty fractured.

countymaprb1024.png

Reactions: Spartans9312
Are you (and others here) somehow suggesting that your team would not do the same if the roles were reversed?

That would make be laugh out loud.

The hypocrisy here is staggering. Predictable...but staggering none the less.

What you are failing to admit or to grasp is that one is actually practicing blatent hypocrisy while the other is just a hypothetical to defend it.

Again, I can't shoot you in the face and then argue that you would do the same and not be convicted of murder.

In other words it's a weak, transparent and disingenuous retort.

That's Kentucky complaining after they were busted paying players that they only cheat because others probably would so it's cool.

What you are failing to admit or to grasp is that one is actually practicing blatent hypocrisy while the other is just a hypothetical to defend it.

Again, I can't shoot you in the face and then argue that you would do the same and not be convicted of murder.

In other words it's a weak, transparent and disingenuous retort.

That's Kentucky complaining after they were busted paying players that they only cheat because others probably would so it's cool.

No...it is spot on.

Sorry

What Democratic norms are being violated? There have been instances in the past where Presidents in this exact position filled Supreme Court seats. That is their constitutional duty. And the Senate is to provide advice and consent. There is not some Democratic Norm Rule that says that the left wing of this nation is guaranteed 4 seats on the Supreme Court, nor do outgoing Justices get any real say on whom or when their seat is filled. The Republicans are currently following the rules. You want to be pissed over Garland, have at it. We have had candidates Borked and Kavanaughed so getting lectured about gentlemanly behavior is ****ing laughable.

Now, you want to talk about breaking norms? Packing the court because you lost elections is breaking norms. Packing a court because an 80+ year old jurist, who could have retired when a Democrat would pick her replacement, rolled the dice and lost. Adding states to try and have additional Senators for team blue. That is breaking norms when you intend to do it by simple majority rule by ending the filibuster.

Don't put your willingness to start fudging rules because you cannot win enough elections on us. When rulings went against the right, they dug in for a decades long process to get to this point. You want abortion? Go vote on it in Congress like laws are supposed to be done. You know, the Democratic Norms you are bitching about.

Adding states and packing the court is what is outside the norms. You do that you might as well just split the country up now.
Are you even awake?

What you write suggests that you think Ginsburg "could have retired when a Democrat would pick her replacement."

Here are two reasons that it is false (and stupid) to say "a Democrat would pick her replacement":

The fact that the second photo appears to show Lindsay Graham picking his nose does not disprove the fact that Graham basically could veto the Democrats from picking anybody (or their noses) so long as McConnell and Graham were in power.

Ginsburg did the right thing -- she tried to hang on until the country would be run by sensible people (i.e. non-butthurt people neither orange nor named McConnell or Graham). I applaud that lady. You clearly don't.

Keep in mind what PJ O'Rourke said:
"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is the philosophy of sniveling brats".
Yeah, you pampered Republican yuppies ("spoiled children") sure know how to be revolutionaries.

Lenin and Guevara have nothing on you rebels. Let me hear you chant, "All power to the people!."

Republicans are against insurance covering birth control so I wouldn't be surprised if their legislation led to more abortions.
Ah, finally someone is getting close to the mark.

Roe v. Wade (from memory) basically said only that a woman's right to an abortion could not be restricted by excessive governmental restriction.

But the GOP's radical, in terrorem discussion of Roe overshadows and disguises the GOP's other goal of undercutting Griswold v Connecticut (which could be important to those of you who use condoms and birth control pills). Look it up.

Sorry dude, it's not. Not even close. It's your assumption and your assumption has absolutely zero value.

Assume in one hand and shit in the other and then tell me which hand is full of shit.

Tommy I know that you mentioned the other day you were from Bedford. Did you ever live on the 3rd floor of a Building in Foster Quad? You remind me of a "Thomas" I used to know...

Reactions: Lucy01
Tommy I know that you mentioned the other day you were from Bedford. Did you ever live on the 3rd floor of a Building in Foster Quad? You remind me of a "Thomas" I used to know...

No I actually lived off campus in a trailer court behind the bowling ally/skating rink up on 17th (I think). Buffa Louies was over there.

Before I get called trailer trash because I technically am, to rent an apartment was going to cost me something like $30k over 4 years.

I got a dad loan and bought a two bedroom trailer for 10k. Rented out the other bedroom for around $300 a month (I had a $250 lot fee).

When I graduated Kelley I sold the trailer for $6000 (I probably could have got more but I just wanted to unload it).

So I ended up paying $4k for housing over four years.

Not going to lie, it was a cool spot to live for 4 years.

I swear that story was why Target brought me up to the Twin Cities (I explained why I wasn't a true frat boy on my resume).

I've been for splitting the country into Red America and Blue America for 25 years. Great idea - you're late.

That's because you are a horrible person.

Trump will lose in Nov as he's toxic with suburban women. Like historically terrible. Women that would be traditionally center- right voters, but find him personally repulsive.

I don't know how people like you propose "splitting" suburbs from cities in your make- believe world.. But you're generally full of shit, so nothing new to see here.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahldc
That's because you are a horrible person.

Trump will lose in Nov as he's toxic with suburban women. Like historically terrible. Women that would be traditionally center- right voters, but find him personally repulsive.

I don't know how people like you propose "splitting" suburbs from cities in your make- believe world.. But you're generally full of shit, so nothing new to see here.
Let's be honest. Ladoga probably fantasizes about a future where people like me are locked up in reeducation camps, and people like you are executed by firing squad as examples to the populace of what happens to traitors. You're not talking to the first team, I guess is what I'm saying.

A freestanding People's Republic of California would have a lot of support nationally.

Reactions: Morrison
Sorry dude, it's not. Not even close. It's your assumption and your assumption has absolutely zero value.

Assume in one hand and shit in the other and then tell me which hand is full of shit.

You are, but I understand your need to cheer for "your team". I am not going to change that, so I won't try.

Logic doesn't even matter any more to folks like you and others here as long as you paint your face and "support the team" no matter what. You guys are absolutely no different than the clowns with Trump flags on their boats...except you can't afford a boat.

GO TEAM!!

A freestanding People's Republic of California would have a lot of support nationally.

That's because people are abject morons.

Let's see let's what we lose.....a state that provides about 15% of the country's GDP, pays roughly a postive $15b per year in federal revenue vs receipts, is the biggest producer of food in the country, has the most military installations in the country..... oh and the HQs for every company that's basically showing any exponential growth in our stock market.

You are late for your lobotomy appointment.

Reactions: Cortez88
That's because people are abject morons.

Let's see let's what we lose.....a state that provides about 15% of the country's GDP, pays roughly a postive $15b per year in federal revenue vs receipts, is the biggest producer of food in the country, has the most military installations in the country..... oh and the HQs for every company that's basically showing any exponential growth in our stock market.

You are late for your lobotomy appointment.

It really is amazing how many Americans hate California. I guess it’s envy. I mean a country made up of Mississippi and Alabama would be quite the economic powerhouse.

You are, but I understand your need to cheer for "your team". I am not going to change that, so I won't try.

Logic doesn't even matter any more to folks like you and others here as long as you paint your face and "support the team" no matter what. You guys are absolutely no different than the clowns with Trump flags on their boats...except you can't afford a boat.

GO TEAM!!

The fact that you can't seem to distinguish the massive weight of this hypocrisy from basic political hypocrisy just proves that you have one hit in your record collection that you can play.

'Both parties suck and are no different from each other. Also I'm the only non biased poster on the internet'.

It's old man. You need a new hot song.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

GO TEAM!!

You're no better than the filth you vote for. Common sense and decency is lost on trump supporters like you.

The fact that you can't seem to distinguish the massive weight of this hypocrisy from basic political hypocrisy just proves that you have one hit in your record collection that you can play.

'Both parties suck and are no different from each other. Also I'm the only non biased poster on the internet'.

It's old man. You need a new hot song.

Nah, doing my best to be objective and look at the bigger picture has served me quite well over the years. I am certainly not going to change that to somehow make you feel better about your own laziness.

You're no better than the filth you vote for. Common sense and decency is lost on trump supporters like you.

Huh? Reread my posts and give it another shot Ace.

Sure...I am not proud of voting for Hillary as you have read many times from me. I do feel better about Biden but still want and deserve much much better. "Filth" your words for them...not mine.

Blue United States of America would be pretty fractured.

countymaprb1024.png
Too bad that most of those RED areas are vast wastelands of nothingness. The BLUE areas mostly represent the cultural and economic centers of the U.S. and the world - i.e. human achievement. I remember last spring, when McConnell floated the idea of letting the BLUE states go bankrupt, instead of passing a COVID-19 relief bill, Cuomo blasted Mitch and reminded him that his state of New York injects more money into the federal government than it takes. Mitch's state, Kentucky, is a welfare state by comparison.

Too bad that most of those RED areas are vast wastelands of nothingness. The BLUE areas mostly represent the cultural and economic centers of the U.S. and the world - i.e. human achievement. I remember last spring, when McConnell floated the idea of letting the BLUE states go bankrupt, instead of passing a COVID-19 relief bill, Cuomo blasted Mitch and reminded him that his state of New York injects more money into the federal government than it takes. Mitch's state, Kentucky, is a welfare state by comparison.
This arrogant, condescending, elitist attitude of many liberals is what makes liberalism and, by extension, the Democratic party so unappealing to so many.

Reactions: Spartans9312
rather have an elitist attitude than a racist one that has to lie about the other party to try to make their opinions feel more legit.

ADVERTISEMENT