ADVERTISEMENT

Green please!

While dribbling through his legs with no one on him. And, then does no go after the ball.
Where are the Green lovers now? His one good game followed by 5 or more bad games has begun.

He was the only player that had a chance to win the game tonite for IU....

He is a senior captain and supposed to be a leader. He can't get on players because he makes more bad decisions and takes bad shots than anyone. Some leadership! When someone screws up, he has to sit quietly. Imagine him telling someone to take care of the ball or share the ball. They would laugh at him.

We haven't had any resemblance of leadership since Yogi left. Phinisee is too laid back. Durham is quiet. Smith is stone faced and Davis is too busy cracking jokes outside of the huddle when we are down.

Archie needs to find one player willing to be unpopular and start holding the others accountable. It is hard to identify who would be able to do that. It would be hard to imagine a freshman doing that next year, but the position remains unfilled for another year. We don't have an Alpha. Green and Durham have failed.

Reactions: Radio Zero
He is a senior captain and supposed to be a leader. He can't get on players because he makes more bad decisions and takes bad shots than anyone. Some leadership! When someone screws up, he has to sit quietly. Imagine him telling someone to take care of the ball or share the ball. They would laugh at him.

We haven't had any resemblance of leadership since Yogi left. Phinisee is too laid back. Durham is quiet. Smith is stone faced and Davis is too busy cracking jokes outside of the huddle when we are down.

Archie needs to find one player willing to be unpopular and start holding the others accountable. It is hard to identify who would be able to do that. It would be hard to imagine a freshman doing that next year, but the position remains unfilled for another year. We don't have an Alpha. Green and Durham have failed.
Galloway is a leader!

Galloway is a leader!
With the makeup of this team, I don't think an upperclassman would have an issue with a freshman coming in and leading. The position is open and nobody wants the job. It is hard to expect a kid that has never played college basketball would be ready to lead. It would be great if he could.

I disagree.

I think he has basically been consistent......bad

The inconsistency comes when he is good.
In the past, he would offset the bad play with good play. two out of 3 games have been almost all bad.

RMK never would have allowed Green & Durham to be captains in the first place, but had that somehow happened, he would have pulled that designation by now.

You never want to think the worst, but Green & Durham being named captains and Glass talking about a complete rebuild before the season even started were signs of things to come.

The biggest issue this team has. Archie gets nothing from his seniors and gets little from his juniors.
I agree. The players he went out and recruited are freshmen and sophomores. Should they be stepping forward? Archie needs to select the captains. My choice would be Brunk and Phinisee. I don't believe Phin wants to be a leader, but he needs to be a leader on the court so he should start doing more leadership off the court.

Yogi leadership? Like trying to sneak into Kilroys with a fake ID when everyone knows who you are? Yes as a senior he came around but jeeez.

And his sophomores are the worst in the big ten, don’t forget that.

The Juniors, with Brunk, Smith & Durham are easily the best of a bad lot.

The Seniors are the worst.

The Sophs, if you keep Hunter with that group, are the 2nd worst

I agree. The players he went out and recruited are freshmen and sophomores. Should they be stepping forward? Archie needs to select the captains. My choice would be Brunk and Phinisee. I don't believe Phin wants to be a leader, but he needs to be a leader on the court so he should start doing more leadership off the court.

It's not leadership, or lack of player growth. It's TALENT, of which we don't have much. No shooters, and a bunch of role players that are left from Crean era that are now being cast as stars because they stuck around, which they aren't, or at least not consistently. That's why we see what we see, the shit show losing streaks. It not that they're not trying, but they're just not that good and that is on Archie's recruiting. You could say we have depth, but for depth to be effective, you need to have 5 guys ready to start the show always

I would occasionally come across a Dayton game on ESPN when Coach Miller was there and always thought his teams were so solid and hard to play against. I thought he was a great hire and would be producing the same type of teams in short order. All three of his teams at IU have played the same uninspired, undisciplined basketball and it is hard to tell any difference in this team and the one two years ago. The lack of shooters is bewildering to me and how do you explain the lapses in almost every game. Rutgers had a 12-0 run and a second 17 -2 run later that resulted in us being outscored 29-2 over about a combined 11 plus minutes or so.
I may get upset during a game with his wholesale substitutions or what at least on TV seems to be acceptance of poor play by an individual and continuing to play them. But I am a fan, not a coach and certainly have no idea how to tell anyone what should be done. I want every IU coach to succeed and that goes for Coach Miller but right now I am losing hope that the bad basketball we are watching is going to make some miraculous turn. I certainly hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Sassy61 and .Gerdis

I am telling you now that Trey Galloway will be that guy from the moment he comes to IU. He is sooooo underrated by the gurus. This kid is a winner and he will lead us to a lot of wins. This year we have no one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT