ADVERTISEMENT

Great win Hoosiers!!!

iu2win

Sophomore
Mar 7, 2005
Talk to IU fans who sat in the stadium yesterday and they will tell you how WF benefited from a ton of luck/help in the last 10 minutes. A tipped pass floats like a lame duck and falls 20 yards downfield directly into the hands of an unsuspecting WF player. A terrible interference call, on 4th and long no less, is given directly in front of the IU crowd. They did a great job on the onside kick but how often do those pan out? Posts claiming IU let them back in the game are just not accurate. The running game was working and it WAS running clock. If Suds throws a pick six with the game well in hand folks would be calling for Wilson’s head. Great win Hoosiers!!!

I agree. I don't get it. A win is a win. Look at Mizzou losing to UK. Teams lose to teams they should beat all the time in football so just the fact that IU is 4-0 should be all we are judging them on. It's not easy to do and that in and of itself cannot be achieved by luck. The Vandy team WKU beat @ Vandy played a very tight game with Ole Miss. We have to stop overthinking things and just enjoy the season. IU is 4-0 folks.......

Teams like IU have to learn how to win with a big lead as much as learn to come back and win from behind.

It is all part of the growth process with CKW and IU football.

Their midterm exam will be against O$U in keeping the game competitive.

Even with a loss next week, that game will help prepare them for MSU, UM, Iowa and conference opponents later in the season.

Reactions: tpaige and YOTHN
The truth is, that game yesterday needed a lot of miracles just to get Wake back into the game and make it look like it was competitive. When's the last time we said that at IU? All of these close games are slowly training our team to play entire games and not just halves. Of course I'd rather see us blow someone out but in the long run, this might be making our team better?

Reactions: tpaige
The truth is, that game yesterday needed a lot of miracles just to get Wake back into the game and make it look like it was competitive. When's the last time we said that at IU? All of these close games are slowly training our team to play entire games and not just halves. Of course I'd rather see us blow someone out but in the long run, this might be making our team better?
One tipped pass is hardly "a lot of miracles". A well executed onside kick, combined with IU's poor execution on that play, wasn't a miracle. And mistakes on both sides of the ball with a big lead weren't miracles.

IU needs to close out games better, which hopefully they'll learn to do. That's what teams do to get better, rather than attributing their mistakes to miracles benefitting the opponent. I think Wilson and the players would say as much.

One tipped pass and a "well executed onside kick". Right, getting those has no luck involved? Getting a PI called when it shouldn't have been isn't a miracle? Like i said, a lot of miracles.....just to get within 7.

Reactions: tpaige
One tipped pass and a "well executed onside kick". Right, getting those has no luck involved? Getting a PI called when it shouldn't have been isn't a miracle? Like i said, a lot of miracles.....just to get within 7.
The tip is good luck, but the onside kick and pass interference (the replay showed it was the right call) were matters of both good and poor execution. It had absolutely nothing, not one thing, to do with miracles. It's about preparation and playing sound, fundamental football.

The tip is good luck, but the onside kick and pass interference (the replay showed it was the right call) were matters of both good and poor execution. It had absolutely nothing, not one thing, to do with miracles. It's about preparation and playing sound, fundamental football.

Dude, the Pope was just here. Did you see the end of the TCU/TT game ? Miracles flying around everywhere.

I was thinking today, it was kind of like a basketball game where you were in control pretty much throughout and all of a sudden you cant hit anything and the other team is throwing up garbage and making everything. Mistakes were made for sure. Fuchs hold that killed that last drive and Fants terrible tackling that let Hinton score. The onside I will have to watch again. It seemed like a good kick and sometimes you just have to tip your hat. Hinton was out of his mind on those last two drives though. That last throw he was almost on his back and it was right there.

I was thinking today, it was kind of like a basketball game where you were in control pretty much throughout and all of a sudden you cant hit anything and the other team is throwing up garbage and making everything. Mistakes were made for sure. Fuchs hold that killed that last drive and Fants terrible tackling that let Hinton score. The onside I will have to watch again. It seemed like a good kick and sometimes you just have to tip your hat. Hinton was out of his mind on those last two drives though. That last throw he was almost on his back and it was right there.
Hinton is going to be a very good player. That said, I'll bet he went to bed with a huge headache and woke up sore and beat up. IU's defense was really physical with him.

Any win is great. That said, as Coach always says, we have to strive to get better. I think a lot of people on here see things that we should do differently in certain game situations, so they get frustrated. But I think most anybody on this board, considering this team's history, is just happy to see 4-0.

Any win is great. That said, as Coach always says, we have to strive to get better. I think a lot of people on here see things that we should do differently in certain game situations, so they get frustrated. But I think most anybody on this board, considering this team's history, is just happy to see 4-0.

I think a lot of people forget that we've been routinely finding ways to lose these games over the years and there's a lot to be said for stopping that trend. While it hasn't always been pretty, winning games you used to lose is a positive trend. Let's do that consistently, then we can up the standards to blowing people out.

Personally I thought the pass interference call was actually veteran execution. Fant was beat (now getting beat like that is a different story) but he did the right thing and used the 15 yd penalty to his advantage instead of giving up the TD. Against WKU a young DB was in a similar situation (near end of half) and instead of taking the 15 yd PI, gave up a long TD.

Reactions: FtWayneToAtlanta
Staff got too conservative at 31-10. Get conservative on defense not offense. We have a senior QB and don't turn it over. Stay aggressive on offense and keep defense off the field. Don't lose sight that IU dominated the game when it was 31-10. Allowed the freshmen to get comfortable when we stopped blitzing all together. Shouldn't have changed the game plan.

Isn't this only our 4th road win in the last 5 seasons? Not sure why all the angst?

I think the B1G is 5-6 in OOC road games this year. IU's win @Wake is probably the 3rd best road win in the conference.

The best win is NW over Duke. Then its OSU's win over VT. Then its IU over Wake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT