ADVERTISEMENT

Grassley is running again. The guy is 88 years old. Ridiculous. nt

Grassley, McConnell, Inhofe, Feinstein, Shelby. And Pelosi on the House side. What the hell? Why aren't these people at home playing with their great-grandchildren? Selfishness, egos and the need for attention, I guess.

I read recently this is the oldest Senate in US history. Time for some new blood.

Grassley, McConnell, Inhofe, Feinstein, Shelby. And Pelosi on the House side. What the hell? Why aren't these people at home playing with their great-grandchildren? Selfishness, egos and the need for attention, I guess.

I read recently this is the oldest Senate in US history. Time for some new blood.
Agreed on all fronts.

Leahy is the most decrepit of all of them, even though he’s a spry 81.

Reactions: stollcpa
$5.00 Kangaroo Court fine - no "nt" posts.

And who are we to criticize anyone 88 years old who is out running, trying to remain fit?

loose-skin-old-balls.gif

Reactions: sluggo69

awesome-the-rock.gif

If these geezers can run and win elections, good for them. I'm all for new ideas, but people shouldn't disregard the wisdom that comes with old age.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and dbmhoosier
If these geezers can run and win elections, good for them. I'm all for new ideas, but people shouldn't disregard the wisdom that comes with old age.
No. I hardly want any of these people but I damn sure don't want a 94 yr old in office. What's more the guy has already been in for 40 years. Enough.

No. I hardly want any of these people but I damn sure don't want a 94 yr old in office. What's more the guy has already been in for 40 years. Enough.
That's for the people of Iowa to decide. Term limits or age limits are anti-democratic.

That's for the people of Iowa to decide. Term limits or age limits are anti-democratic.
The people are why we have the gov we have. That's beside the point re age. One improves with experience to a point. I don't believe people are still improving at 93 in ways that a younger person wouldn't be better suited

It’s not about wisdom. Power and money. If we can’t get term limits, how about automatic forced retirement on your 65th birthday?

Reactions: MaxCoke
It’s not about wisdom. Power and money. If we can’t get term limits, how about automatic forced retirement on your 65th birthday?
I'll grant you money is a challenge to getting the best people. But that's not an age thing.

I don't want a Congress full of ideologues who can't get anything done. We should welcome retirees into politics, not ban them with an arbitrary age limit.

I'll grant you money is a challenge to getting the best people. But that's not an age thing.

I don't want a Congress full of ideologues who can't get anything done. We should welcome retirees into politics, not ban them with an arbitrary age limit.
Unfortunately the politicians who are retirement age aren’t getting elected after retirement age. They’re spending their adult lives in DC. They never leave and they haven’t a clue how things work in the real world outside DC.

Yeah a lot of companies force CEOs to retire at 75 but our senators, representatives and supreme court justices can stay until they are senile.

Yeah a lot of companies force CEOs to retire at 75 but our senators, representatives and supreme court justices can stay until they are senile.
Whose fault is that? We're victims of our own demise.

Whose fault is that? We're victims of our own demise.
And the creators. B/c most of us are lazy when it comes to electing someone. I bet most of Iowa hardly knows who Chuck Grassley is nor his actual age.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
$5.00 Kangaroo Court fine - no "nt" posts.

And who are we to criticize anyone 88 years old who is out running, trying to remain fit?
Rules question: Are GIF replies, with no text, considered NT posts? What if there is text in the GIF?

(Asking for a friend who is contemplating only replying by GIF from now on)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Rules question: Are GIF replies, with no text, considered NT posts? What if there is text in the GIF?

(Asking for a friend who is contemplating only replying by GIF from now on)

There's content in a GIF, thus, no fine.

But you must have missed the rule that all Boiler posts are fine-worthy, at $10.00 per pop. Haven't you looked at your account recently?

ADVERTISEMENT