ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Gelon commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main point is he is unproven. Texas gave him a shot. He might make it, he may not. In today's basketball culture, it's difficult to get a high profile guy to buy into a scheme where he is 110% effort 110% of the time. In all honesty, that was the demise of RMK. It didn't work for Shaka's mentor at Alabama but that doesn't mean it won't work for Shaka. With all of that said, I'd like to see a link to ANY quote from Shaka stating Indiana was in play, even remotely. Our coaching searches have been rebuffed by many quality coaches, far more than have shown interest.

In sum, there is evidence the VCU system may not work at a high profile power conference program and IU hasn't been a destination location for the up and comers in the coaching profession. I see zero evidence why the position the OP took holds much water.

So Creaned heat, answer me this. If IU had replaced CTC after this past season with Bruce Pearl, would you have been happy? You would have gotten the change you desire with a guy that has questionable standards and practices (kind of like UK after Billy Clyde). People want to put the UK change up as though it was a stroke of genius without considering the risks. The Sampson hire and the NCAA violations are much more recent history to IU than the UK transgressions suffered in the 80's. Any subsequent violations would be even more damning to the program. Maybe an IU guy like Dave Bliss might be more appealing. dws

Crean is not going anywhere. He will retire at IU. He and IU are a perfect match for each other.

Reactions: russelltodd
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT