ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Gelon commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say they fired him the season they won it all.

But he had won a Title. And how "bad" was his record when they fired him?

Lots of Kaintuck fans are screaming because they didn't win it all last season with the "deepest team ever." If Pay Pal Cal gets to the Final Four for the next 3 years and doesn't win it all, I bet they can him.....and would have ZERO problem getting a great coach.
That does not mean this is the right thing to do just because UK fans are totally insane.

Thanks for the nice report from someone that has actually seen him play. He also had 7 boards a game as a junior. legit 6'5", nice frame (not skinny) ,Indiana kid. Depends on how he develops. Welcome to IU BB.

How dare you try and get this thread back on topic. This should have been posted 7 pages ago.

This may well be true but here's the problem...YOUR problem. A review of your last 100 posts provides so many statements that mat have been intended to be sarcastic or funny yet appeared idiotic that anything you now post is regarded as clownish. JMHO

ok. thanks for identifying yourself as one of the misguided fans that thinks Crean is doing a great job and IU basketball is in super shape. carry on.

ok. thanks for identifying yourself as one of the misguided fans that thinks Crean is doing a great job and IU basketball is in super shape. carry on.
Where did you read in his post where he said anything about Crean because all he is saying is that all of your post come off as childish and most probably agree with that.

That does not mean this is the right thing to do just because UK fans are totally insane.

If I had to pick between what we've become and insane, as long as it doesn't involve cheating, I'll try insane.

It truly sickens me how the "fans" have accepted such mediocrity.

If I had to pick between what we've become and insane, as long as it doesn't involve cheating, I'll try insane.

It truly sickens me how the "fans" have accepted such mediocrity.
You are talking out both sides of your mouth because you say you want us to be elite and be like the elite programs but on the other side you want us to be clean but most of the elite programs have some baggage to them. So what do you want be elite like UK or do you want us to play by the rules. I have not accepted mediocrity but I would rather lose every game than have Cal as our coach. I guess I just don't take sports as seriously or let an outcome of a game bother me like I use to because I have grown up and realize that it is just a sport and is not that important.

Not only have they accepted mediocrity, it's one moral victory after another.

Nauseating.

And then, every loss is blamed on the refs. Over half the posts during game chats are crying, "The refs screwed us."

Talk about "becoming insane Kentucky fans".......barf.

You are talking out both sides of your mouth because you say you want us to be elite and be like the elite programs but on the other side you want us to be clean but most of the elite programs have some baggage to them. So what do you want be elite like UK or do you want us to play by the rules. I have not accepted mediocrity but I would rather lose every game than have Cal as our coach. I guess I just don't take sports as seriously or let an outcome of a game bother me like I use to because I have grown up and realize that it is just a sport and is not that important.

The one talking out of both sides of his mouth is you. You claim you only want choir boys "like the good ole days" when Knight's players were FAR from choir boys. I got high with more than one player back in the day.

Pat was such a drunk he would have been kicked off any other team in the country if Bob wasn't his daddy running the show.

I said I didn't want to cheat. When I bring up Cal, I'm not saying I wanted a cheater. You said it would be impossible to get a "great coach" if we had "too high" of expectations.

That's beyond absurd because LOTS of fans in ALL sports have "too high expectations" and they still get great coaches. You do know the greats WANT that challenge, right?

The one talking out of both sides of his mouth is you. You claim you only want choir boys "like the good ole days" when Knight's players were FAR from choir boys. I got high with more than one player back in the day.

Pat was such a drunk he would have been kicked off any other team in the country if Bob wasn't his daddy running the show.

I said I didn't want to cheat. When I bring up Cal, I'm not saying I wanted a cheater. You said it would be impossible to get a "great coach" if we had "too high" of expectations.

That's beyond absurd because LOTS of fans in ALL sports have "too high expectations" and they still get great coaches. You do know the greats WANT that challenge, right?
I don't want drug users or kids who break the law on my team and if those players back then did those things then they should have been booted off the team. I feel sorry for you that you brag about using drugs and getting drunk with players because that is nothing to brag about but something that showed you had a problem. I find it funny how some can just go around and brag about how much they drink and how often they get drunk because to me that is sad that people feel that there is nothing wrong with that behavior.

On about not getting a great coach in the discussion yesterday it was about the if you fired the coach if he did not make the elite 8. I brought up that if Crean won 35 games but lost in the sweet 16 he would not be fired. I said that if you fired a coach a after a season like that just because he did not make the elite 8 then no good coach would come.

I don't want drug users or kids who break the law on my team and if those players back then did those things then they should have been booted off the team. I feel sorry for you that you brag about using drugs and getting drunk with players because that is nothing to brag about but something that showed you had a problem. I find it funny how some can just go around and brag about how much they drink and how often they get drunk because to me that is sad that people feel that there is nothing wrong with that behavior.

On about not getting a great coach in the discussion yesterday it was about the if you fired the coach if he did not make the elite 8. I brought up that if Crean won 35 games but lost in the sweet 16 he would not be fired. I said that if you fired a coach a after a season like that just because he did not make the elite 8 then no good coach would come.

It's not "bragging", simpleton, it's "proving you have no clue what you're talking about."

And we'll have a colony on Jupiter before Crean wins 35 games so stop with the stupid "what-if's".

You should follow BYU....even though those kids drink and have sex too.

It's not "bragging", simpleton, it's "proving you have no clue what you're talking about."

And we'll have a colony on Jupiter before Crean wins 35 games so stop with the stupid "what-if's".

You should follow BYU....even though those kids drink and have sex too.
I never said he would win 35 games but to say you can't make the blanket statement that he has to get the elite 8 to save his job because you have to see how the whole season went. I just showed an example where if he had a miracle regular season then not making the elite 8 he would still have a job. I also went the other way and said that if he had a bad regular season like 14-18 but got hot late and won the big ten tournament and went to the elite 8 would not save his job either.

I get it now that you want the coaches to be choir boys and not break any rules but you don't care what type of kids play for that coach and don't care if they break the rules or even the law of the United States.

Last edited:
I never said he would win 35 games but to say you can't make the blanket statement that he has to get the elite 8 to save his job because you have to see how the whole season went. I just showed an example where if he had a miracle regular season then not making the elite 8 he would still have a job. I also went the other way and said that if he had a bad regular season like 14-18 but got hot late and won the big ten tournament and went to the elite 8 would not save his job either.

I get it now that you want the coaches to be choir boys and not break any rules but you don't care what type of kids play for that coach and don't care if they break the rules or even the law of the United States.

You love to lie as much as the guy who said we should cheat and then claimed he never said it.

If you kicked off every player that got high or drank under-age, there wouldn't be enough players for even the Big Ten teams. So, I don't care about that.

Now, if he's beating women or dealing drugs....then I don't want him.

I also disagree with "if we had an awful year but got hot and made the Elite 8, Crean wouldn't keep his job" because his groupies would say, "See? There is hope for the future" and demand we keep him....especially Glass.

You love to lie as much as the guy who said we should cheat and then claimed he never said it.

If you kicked off every player that got high or drank under-age, there wouldn't be enough players for even the Big Ten teams. So, I don't care about that.

Now, if he's beating women or dealing drugs....then I don't want him.

I also disagree with "if we had an awful year but got hot and made the Elite 8, Crean wouldn't keep his job" because his groupies would say, "See? There is hope for the future" and demand we keep him....especially Glass.
In my scenerio he would have lost 19 games and it would be hard to bring him back but back to the original point you can't just base everything on making the elite 8.

Alright, could someone that's seen him play elaborate on what we're getting w him? Doesn't seem to be much info about him out there and with us seemingly sitting pretty well with much higher rated guys, (Brown, Jones) this is a curious pickup.

Great pickup.Crean is a recruiting machine.

Karl won a franchise-record number of games, got Coach of the Year, but lost in the first round....and was fired.

And you keep ducking the fact that Kaintuck got rid of Tubby after winning a Title and having a record most schools would kill for.....and they got Calipari.

Play-offs are what matters in sports. Manning was the best "regular season" QB of all time but the biggest choker of all time in the play-offs. Half was his fault, half was Dungy's.

The Bengals will fire their coach this season if they don't win in the play-offs because "just getting there" isn't enough for them anymore. And that's the Bengals.

Stevens and Marshall aren't coming here even if Crean wins 10 games and gets fired so I couldn't care less about them.

Give me someone that has the chance to be great over someone that has been mostly awful the time he's been here for 7 years.....especially when we're going to stink the next two years anyway after half the team leaves.

Who was the coach of UK after Tubby Smith?

Well said, typical IU Scott reinvention. Like being a fan from birth. I wondered how he swung that.
No I truly dislike that team even during the season because I had heard what some of these kids were like and how Sampson was bringing in some questionable charters. Believe whatever you want but I had a hard to time cheering for that team and it was only for players like Gordon and DJ and a couple of others that made it bearable to watch. As for being a fan by birth you know what I mean because I have been a fan ever since I can remember and that started out at around the age of 5. I grew up with a brother who was 9 years older and me and he was a huge sports fan and I would always watch games with him and he was a IU fan and my fandom grew from there.

Well said, typical IU Scott reinvention. Like being a fan from birth. I wondered how he swung that.

iuscott and i shared the same wet nurse. I vaguely remember him not liking Lou Watson but he also wanted to punch any of the other babies who said IU should fire him. least he's been consistently inconsistent.

iuscott and i shared the same wet nurse. I vaguely remember him not liking Lou Watson but he also wanted to punch any of the other babies who said IU should fire him. least he's been consistently inconsistent.
the only coach I remember is RMK and like I said when I say from birth meaning I have been a fan since I can remember

rhetorical, quote was they (UK) got Cal after Tubby. faulty information

So what if it wasn't immediately after? They still got him.

And when they got Billy, he was considered THE up-and-comer.....and it didn't scare him off like the "If Crean wins 20 games a year he should be given a life time contract because no one will work here if we'd fire a coach like that" crowd claims.

The topic for this thread, 11 pages ago was:

Grant Gelon commits

I have not heard him mentioned in days. I hope some moderator puts this thread to sleep.
34 more replies and it will be 12 pages....

Yea Math!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT