ADVERTISEMENT

Grand Canyon like you've never seen it

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Took this photo yesterday about 4:30 p.m. Rare cloud inversion seldom seen in the canyon.

2isfclw.jpg

This post was edited on 12/12 9:24 AM by CO. Hoosier

The Grand Canyon is spectacular

It has to be seen to be believed. As your photo suggests, sometimes it can't be believed even when it's seen.

That is an amazing photo

I've only seen two walls of the Grand Canyon as I rafted down the Colorado for 7 days. I hope to one day see it from the top!

My wife, 3 daughters and I are doing a backpacking and camping

trip in the Grand Canyon from just after Christmas to New Years this year. I hear it is awesome. We went snowmobiling in Yellowstone last year at this time. Winter trips to these places are a lot different then summer.

That is beautiful!

For those that don't want or are not able to walk down into the Grand Canyon you can always take Google's hike down there....click here.

that's a pretty cool photo..

I'd love to see something like that in person.

When we lived in Arizona, we made the trip to the Grand Canyon a few times, but didn't do much more than look at it. The kids were 1 and 3 then (they'll be 8 and 10 in January). I was talking to them about some of the stuff we did out there and they don't remember it. In another year or two, I'd love to take them on a hiking day trip in the canyon.

Re: My wife, 3 daughters and I are doing a backpacking and camping

Less snakes!
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT