ADVERTISEMENT

Governor of Missouri indicted

Is he still talking about "moneyed interests"?
not talking, teaching. industries and markets that we naively thought were innocuous, wholesome even, antiquing - wrong! they're co-opted...disappointing to hear and learn, but better to know.... it's not personal; it's just business.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Yep. St. Louis is a shithole. We get it. We have for some time now.
the point is that the mccloskesy are insufferable douchebags in their bad khakis and pink brooks brothers but to act like they should be okay with 500 trespassers is absurd, knowing all it takes is one person with zero regard for authority or human life to pop a shot off. in my opinion going out there with guns only exacerbated matters, but i understand that they snapped. people here are on alert and sick of the bs. no one wants to live in a shithole.

Last edited:
the point is that the mccloskesy are insufferable douchebags in their bad khakis and pink brooks brothers but to act like they should be gracious and inviting to have 500 trespassers is absurd, knowing all it takes is one person with zero regard for authority or human life to pop a shot off. in my opinion going out there with guns only exacerbated matters, but i understand that they snapped. people here are on alert and sick of the bs. no one wants to live in a shithole.
I don’t think they snapped. I think they saw an opportunity to pretend they were badasses. They aren’t the only people in that neighborhood with firearms, but they were the only ones standing in their yard pointing them at protesters - which is a sure fire way to incite “one person with zero regard for authority or human life to pop a shot off.”

Reactions: largemouth
I don’t think they snapped. I think they saw an opportunity to pretend they were badasses. They aren’t the only people in that neighborhood with firearms, but they were the only ones standing in their yard pointing them at protesters - which is a sure fire way to incite “one person with zero regard for authority or human life to pop a shot off.”
you could be right. they could have done this to be opportunistic. it's not the impression i've gotten in talking to their lawyers, but who knows. it was certainly a dumb, and risky thing to do.

Last edited:
You continue to post things of which you know nothing based off of Twitter users who also know nothing. Your dumb, dumb, dumb ass still refuses to recognize that Portland Place is PRIVATE. There can never be protests there. No one in their right mind in the city of Saint Louis would want them coming through their neighborhood with all the shootings here. This is the most dangerous city in America. Your Pollyanna attitude is devoid of reality. What’s more the mayor didn’t live in Portland Place. Ugh. You truly are a media created automaton. Like something out of black mirrors.

Greiten had his charges dropped. Mccloskey was charged bc of politics. The prosecutor was literally removed from the case bc of it.

Possible flashpoint Al lmao. You have no idea. You’re an idiot. Go back to reading Republicans R Evil. So dumb. Al isn’t representing mccloskey on gun charges. Joel Schwartz is. And no matter what happens the gov will pardon him after the progressive prosecutor’s politically biased charges. It’s almost comical with all the fun shit in Stl. You truly are a moron.

Smash your computer. Smash your phone. Delete you accounts. Move off grid for a year. Start over.

Mccloskey and greitens are no more insane than anyone else in dc. They should fit right in. And unlike hawley they at least live here. Hell mccloskey was doing his part even living in the dying city. I trust that won’t last much longer, assuming he hasn’t already moved
Why the Hell did you even read my post or decide to comment on it? You keep launching these attacks on me, and the only people who ever like one of those posts are people like DANC, who wouldn't know a fact if it hit him in the head...

First off this is a thread about Greitens, and having read three articles about his race in the past few days, I posted my OPINION of that particular Primary and how it's shaping up to be a circus, in a thread ABOUT one of the candidates involved. The ONLY twitter reference I even made was to McCloskey's announcement, which is discussed in the story linked below. I found it hilarious that HE LIED, and apparently felt no one would call him on it...

“When the angry mob came to destroy my house and kill my family, I took a stand against them,” McCloskey said in a campaign video that was unveiled on Fox News on Tuesday. “Now I’m asking for the privilege to take that stand for all of us.”

The only thing I did in my post regarding Twitter, was that I clicked on the little Twitter insignia on McCloskey's tweet (which took me to his page), read thru a number of comments from people who called him on his lies and posted the LINK. The lady who posted the video took issue with all of McCloskey's lies, saying she lived CLOSER to the Mayor's residence (the mob's ACTUAL target) and that her interaction with them sort of exposed his false claim about them wanting to "destroy his house and kill his family". The LYING HYPERBOLE in his announcement as he entered the Race, is WHY the tweet is even in my post. It's called context...

Everything else I posted is discussed in the context of the two other articles I read discussing the race, from an AP piece as well as a story in the KC Star... I do appear to have added the word "weapons" when describing the relationship between McCloskey and Al Watkins, which is not exactly what Bryan Lowry said in his article... He spoke of "his case", and did NOT use the word "weapons", so my mistake...

"McCloskey has been represented in his case by Al Watkins, the same lawyer who represented the ex-husband of Greitens’ alleged victim and who distributed the audio containing the allegations against Greitens to the media."

From that single mistake on my part you attack me as if I made stuff up, or even said something inflamatory. I guess I should have linked my additional sources that contributed to the OPINION I presented, but you are the last person who should ever berate anyone for posting your OPINION as some sort of sacrosanct fact and NEVER providing a supporting link.

The POINT I was actually concerned with is that he has or has had a RELATIONSHIP with Watkins, and Watkins has HISTORY with Greitens as well. I didn't mention that Watkins has a HISTORY with QAnon shaman Jacob Shansley either, but Lowry has reported on that as well...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-man-waved-gun-222236095.html AP
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gun-wielding-st-louis-lawyer-220232726.html KC Star

I also found it interesting that early reporting on the McCloskey's indicated they were once "Democrats", but on Tucker, McCloskey characterized that as a "lie". And I realize that Greitens is not currently indicted (never said he was). Just as Trump is the twice indicted one, Greitens is also the Indicted one (as in past tense). I just thought the terminology POLITICO used was catchy...

Why the Hell did you even read my post or decide to comment on it? You keep launching these attacks on me, and the only people who ever like one of those posts are people like DANC, who wouldn't know a fact if it hit him in the head...

First off this is a thread about Greitens, and having read three articles about his race in the past few days, I posted my OPINION of that particular Primary and how it's shaping up to be a circus, in a thread ABOUT one of the candidates involved. The ONLY twitter reference I even made was to McCloskey's announcement, which is discussed in the story linked below. I found it hilarious that HE LIED, and apparently felt no one would call him on it...

“When the angry mob came to destroy my house and kill my family, I took a stand against them,” McCloskey said in a campaign video that was unveiled on Fox News on Tuesday. “Now I’m asking for the privilege to take that stand for all of us.”

The only thing I did in my post regarding Twitter, was that I clicked on the little Twitter insignia on McCloskey's tweet (which took me to his page), read thru a number of comments from people who called him on his lies and posted the LINK. The lady who posted the video took issue with all of McCloskey's lies, saying she lived CLOSER to the Mayor's residence (the mob's ACTUAL target) and that her interaction with them sort of exposed his false claim about them wanting to "destroy his house and kill his family". The LYING HYPERBOLE in his announcement as he entered the Race, is WHY the tweet is even in my post. It's called context...

Everything else I posted is discussed in the context of the two other articles I read discussing the race, from an AP piece as well as a story in the KC Star... I do appear to have added the word "weapons" when describing the relationship between McCloskey and Al Watkins, which is not exactly what Bryan Lowry said in his article... He spoke of "his case", and did NOT use the word "weapons", so my mistake...

"McCloskey has been represented in his case by Al Watkins, the same lawyer who represented the ex-husband of Greitens’ alleged victim and who distributed the audio containing the allegations against Greitens to the media."

From that single mistake on my part you attack me as if I made stuff up, or even said something inflamatory. I guess I should have linked my additional sources that contributed to the OPINION I presented, but you are the last person who should ever berate anyone for posting your OPINION as some sort of sacrosanct fact and NEVER providing a supporting link.

The POINT I was actually concerned with is that he has or has had a RELATIONSHIP with Watkins, and Watkins has HISTORY with Greitens as well. I didn't mention that Watkins has a HISTORY with QAnon shaman Jacob Shansley either, but Lowry has reported on that as well...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-man-waved-gun-222236095.html AP
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gun-wielding-st-louis-lawyer-220232726.html KC Star

I also found it interesting that early reporting on the McCloskey's indicated they were once "Democrats", but on Tucker, McCloskey characterized that as a "lie". And I realize that Greitens is not currently indicted (never said he was). Just as Trump is the twice indicted one, Greitens is also the Indicted one (as in past tense). I just thought the terminology POLITICO used was catchy...
Cosmic I apologize for yelling at you. It’s hard to read those links and opinions when I have personal knowledge. The mccloskeys current lawyer on gun charges, Joel, is my old neighbor. I see him every morning at Starbucks. I’ve known al for 25 years. We talk a few times a week. His ex wife is one of my dear friends. We grew up together. I’ve coached their kids for years. He used to do securities arbitration primarily, got bored, and became relatively well know and started doing cases with strange facts and public interest.

The 9th district is where 95 percent of my clientele cops worked. I’ve spent endless days and nights going out in that neighborhood. My old law partner still has a house in Portland place.

Media and social media have done a disservice to us all bc too many people take what they publish/post as scripture and more times than not it’s inaccurate. You believe too much of what you read from twitter and the rest

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Cosmic I apologize for yelling at you. It’s hard to read those links and opinions when I have personal knowledge. The mccloskeys current lawyer on gun charges is my old neighbor. I see him every morning at Starbucks. I’ve known al for 25 years. We talk a few times a week. His ex wife is one of my dear friends. We grew up together. I’ve coached their kids for years. The 9th district is where 95 percent of my clientele cops worked. I’ve spent endless days and nights going out in that neighborhood. My old law partner still has a house in Portland place.

Media and social media have done a disservice to us all bc too many people take what they publish/post as scripture and more times than not it’s inaccurate.
Obviously you know way less about the situation than someone who reads Yahoo articles about it.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Obviously you know way less about the situation than someone who reads Yahoo articles about it.... :rolleyes:
spike-and-chester.jpg

This board doesn't need our help.

What are the pros and cons of English Bulldogs?
Pros - hilarious. Super sweet. Loyal. No exercise. Wonderful to sit by you on the couch and watch tv. I never tire of their personality.

Cons - slobber. Dumb. Gas.

I’ve had two girls and one boy. The girls were easier in every regard.

You in the market?

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Pros - hilarious. Super sweet. Loyal. No exercise. Wonderful to sit by you on the couch and watch tv. I never tire of their personality.

Cons - slobber. Dumb. Gas.

I’ve had two girls and one boy. The girls were easier in every regard.

You in the market?
Nah, I'm petless right now, but I do have 2 granddogs...a couple of Australian Shepherds who are the "goodest boys!"

Your list of cons really did make me LOL for 2 reasons. One, because it was exactly what I expected. Two, because I was reminded of that old trope about dogs and their owners looking alike. :)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nah, I'm petless right now, but I do have 2 granddogs...a couple of Australian Shepherds who are the "goodest boys!"

Your list of cons really did make me LOL for 2 reasons. One, because it was exactly what I expected. Two, because I was reminded of that old trope about dogs and their owners looking alike. :)
Lmao good one (insert middle finger). Australian shepherds are wonderful. I’ve read only Afghan hounds are dumber than English bulldogs. The biggest thing I left off on bulldogs is they are prone to health issues.

The gas is so bad it’ll make you leave the room. My boy would fart then a half minute later let out a big bloated exhale as if to say F*ck me I’m miserable lol

Last edited:
Yep. St. Louis is a shithole. We get it. We have for some time now.
Damn. I was misinformed. I knew that the area around Tower Grove Park was old/ancient but it's got this really great Thai restaurant on Grand Avenue. And losing that old-fashioned ice cream shop at Grande and Arsenal would be a tragedy. I hope the bad guys go somewhere else.

Actually, I think if either Greitens or even worse McCloskey win the Primary the Pubs will lose the seat. More importantly, that is what the MO GOP believes as well, which is why they are ALL IN to prevent that from happening. Remember the FEAR in Kansas over a possible Kobach run...

I almost wish the GOP Primary voters would nominate McCloskey so we could see more comedy like this in the Campaign. Not only does he outright lie, but one of his neighbors called him on it and posted video of what the "angry mob" actually looked like passing her house as she waved to them from her porch...

The Primary itself will be "must see tv"... Possible flashpoint- The lawyer representing McCloskey (Al Watkins) on his weapons charges is the same lawyer who represented the ex-husband of the woman Greitens assaulted and was responsible for making sure the audiotapes, which led to Greiten's resignation, were released to the media. So I'm guessing no "kiss and makeup endorsement" after the Primary should one or the other win the nomination...

Which is highly unlikely. Some GOP Legislators are pushing a "runoff rule" primarily to ensure that Greitens can't win with just a sliver of support. If the top vote-getter gets less than a predetermined majority, there would be a runoff, similar to what happened in the 2 GA Senate races. Politico dubbed the race the "Ambitious (AG Schmitt, and a number of prospective House GOP candidates (like Ann Wagner) vs the Indicted (Greitens and McCloskey)...
joel schwartz (mccloskey's lawyer) got all mccloskey's felony charges dropped to a single misdemeanor and a fine of just $750. case closed. no harm no foul. off to a senate run. shouldn't protest and trespass at the same time.

joel schwartz (mccloskey's lawyer) got all mccloskey's felony charges dropped to a single misdemeanor and a fine of just $750. case closed. no harm no foul. off to a senate run. shouldn't protest and trespass at the same time.
Do you know Joel Schwartz or the McCloskeys at all. The lawyer circuit in STL has to be pretty tight knit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT