Got fitted for irons yesterday.

C-$

Hall of Famer
Nov 1, 2002
Carmel, Indiana
Swing speed is fast, which I knew.

Plane of attack is too steep.

Need a 1 degree upright.

Also needed a bigger grip... Hands are bigger than normal. No, Cap, no.

Shipping clubs from Denver.

Callaway X2s...

Need a 1 degree upright.

Callaway X2s...
Back to the driver loft discussion... after that post, I realized that I was unintentionally de-lofting my driver. I began to focus on making sure my driver sat naturally on the ground, and I started getting much better results -> lower trajectory and better roll out. Just something else to consider.

Oh, and look back and say hi to Cap for me.

Where did you go to get fitted?

I am not a great golfer by any means (upper 80's to low 90's typically) but I enjoy playing. Been using my dad's original Ping Eye 2's. black dot. Not sure if I have the game that warrants getting new clubs. But I've always been curious if if would help my game or not. Probably not. More times than not it's the golfer, not the clubs. But he's only 5'11 and I am 6'2 so not sure if I have the correct fitting as far as pings go.

Playing after work today. Is it 3 yet?

I am not a great golfer by any means (upper 80's to low 90's typically) but I enjoy playing. Been using my dad's original Ping Eye 2's. black dot. Not sure if I have the game that warrants getting new clubs. But I've always been curious if if would help my game or not. Probably not. More times than not it's the golfer, not the clubs. But he's only 5'11 and I am 6'2 so not sure if I have the correct fitting as far as pings go.

Golfsmith.

Whoops! My bad. I opened this thread thinking that Cap had you in his basement and was fitting you with shackles....

McHoop

Ping Eye 2's are a classic and have stood the test of time well. I am a Titleist guy myself and need to update my irons as I haven't done so in YEARS. I still hit them well but new technology would certainly help.

Yeah they are the classic clubs. People I talk to who had them say they wish they would have never gotten rid of them. I'll hang onto them for sure.
Just always been curious what new technology would do for me, if anything.

I personally still love my R7s. I play them with a slight draw, but I get plenty of distance and control

Need a 1 degree upright.

Callaway X2s...

I need to get some new irons. I have had mine since 99' the driver I have i have had since 05. It has been awhile since I have upgraded. Last week I rented some to play in Laguna and they had an older Ping driver 2010 and I was smoking it. Had to slow my swing speed down a lot because it was a regular flex driver. Still won long drive contest. Right now I am the drive for show... my short game is horrendous.

Yeah they are the classic clubs. People I talk to who had them say they wish they would have never gotten rid of them. I'll hang onto them for sure.
Just always been curious what new technology would do for me, if anything.

The Ping G series irons are the most forgiving iron I've ever played. Yet they are can be played by even really good players, there are guys on tour that play them, which is unusual for a ' game- improvement' iron.

The Eye2s are classics, for sure.

I personally love Mizuno irons, forged irons just have a great feel to them, compared with cast irons. I've had a set of MX25s for years, and even though I don't play them currently, I'll never get rid of them.

Yeah....well none of you a$$bags have ever written a book about golf so you obviously don't know what you're talking about..... ;)

I'm surprised the Tiger Woods hater hasn't chimed in yet.......

.....must be tied up at his latest book signing.......such a rough life......

Did you play the par 3 on Rocky Ford? Maybe you'll get a hole in one and they'll put your name in the republic

Reactions: IU40IU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT