"Expecting to Fly"
b/w "Everydays" 98

1968 "Uno Mundo"
b/w "Merry-Go-Round" 105* Last Time Around

"Special Care"
b/w "Kind Woman" 107*

"On the Way Home"
b/w "Four Days Gone" 82
Just don't expect me to fall on my sword, alright?

Reactions: T.M.P.
Huh?

Year Single US Certification Album
"Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing"
b/w "Go and Say Goodbye" 110* Buffalo Springfield

"Burned"
b/w "Everybody's Wrong" —

"For What It's Worth" †
b/w "Do I Have to Come Right Out and Say It" 7
  • UK: Silver
"Bluebird"
b/w "Mr. Soul" 58 Buffalo Springfield Again

"Rock 'n' Roll Woman"
b/w "A Child's Claim to Fame" 44

"Expecting to Fly"
b/w "Everydays" 98

1968 "Uno Mundo"
b/w "Merry-Go-Round" 105* Last Time Around

"Special Care"
b/w "Kind Woman" 107*

"On the Way Home"
b/w "Four Days Gone" 82
No kidding . . .

. . . someone only listens to goldie oldie channels.

No kidding . . .

. . . someone only listens to goldie oldie channels.
Someday, Neil will release all the tapes or another box set hopefully. Maybe. He almosts does it and then changes his mind.

One of the more underrated bands. Probably more famous for what came out of it - CSN & Young, Poco, Loggins & Messina - than what it itself did.

Buffalo Springfield was the beginning (post Beach Boys era) of the LA musical movement that ended with the Eagles.

Last edited:
Brain fog, what can I say?
I should get points for not playing the Macarena.
Oh you're fine .. it's easy to forget what they did when you haven't been reminded in so many years. Those songs don't get played anymore.

Disclaimer: Not a hair band fan - at all - and I'm not making any claims as to the musical quality of this. That said, for some reason, I always liked this tune. I just liked the hook I guess and got drunk so many times with this tune in the background:

Played this one more times than I care to remember in cover bands over the years:

How many area codes had that number and were bombarded with phone calls? The McCutchanville area (community by the Evansville airport) has 867-XXXX as their local number. If they ever had 5309 in their directory, I would expect it was quickly removed.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
I never heard them having another hit song. I got this album during the summer before my Sophomore year in high school. I associate music with what was going on when songs were popular. I got this for my birthday in the middle of two a day football practices, so this song reminds me of heat exhaustion and recovering in a recliner before the next practice. Good times!

The summer before my senior year in high school, you couldn't escape this song. It was an anthem for a really close friend and teammate who was killed the following summer. It always brings a smile to my face and it's their only "hit".

Reactions: iubud
I never heard them having another hit song. I got this album during the summer before my Sophomore year in high school. I associate music with what was going on when songs were popular. I got this for my birthday in the middle of two a day football practices, so this song reminds me of heat exhaustion and recovering in a recliner before the next practice. Good times!

That was by far their biggest, but think they had a couple others and one I liked: "Good Girls Don't". They sure weren't around long for how popular My Sharona was.

Reactions: largemouth
That was by far their biggest, but think they had a couple others and one I liked: "Good Girls Don't". They sure weren't around long for how popular My Sharona was.
I remember some other songs from that album but I don't believe they were popular.

Here's Sharona now

Thin Lizzy - The Boys are Back in Town

Looking Glass - Brandy

The Boys are Back in Town came out when I was in College. When a Group of us just got home from School (Christmas Break, Easter Break, End of Year), and gathered in a local watering hole, we would put the Money in the Juke Box and play that Song as a sort of Unofficial Theme Song.

Thin Lizzy - The Boys are Back in Town

Looking Glass - Brandy

The Boys are Back in Town came out when I was in College. When a Group of us just got home from School (Christmas Break, Easter Break, End of Year), and gathered in a local watering hole, we would put the Money in the Juke Box and play that Song as a sort of Unofficial Theme Song.

sorry, gonna have to DQ you on Thin Lizzy.

from back when Barack had his fro.

Rick Dees - Disco Duck
Toni Basil - Mickey

Here are two that I won't attach a video for because their one hit is either stupid or something that sticks in your head.

I believe there was a long version of Mickey. I thought the original was too long.

I have no explanation for why Disco Duck was popular. Maybe kindergarten kids bought records or requested the song to be played? Thankfully, I don't believe there was a follow up.

Rick Dees - Disco Duck
Toni Basil - Mickey

Here are two that I won't attach a video for because their one hit is either stupid or something that sticks in your head.

I believe there was a long version of Mickey. I thought the original was too long.

I have no explanation for why Disco Duck was popular. Maybe kindergarten kids bought records or requested the song to be played? Thankfully, I don't believe there was a follow up.

Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

A singe toke of Northern Lights, held for about 20 seconds before you exhale, is definitely a one hit wonder.

Reactions: All4You
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT