ADVERTISEMENT

Got a chance to watch my DVR of the Bucket game.

Big Red Believer

Hall of Famer
Sep 4, 2001
Was working so only listened to it on the radio. As good as Fisch and Buck are, it was painful to listen to. It was a much better game to watch. Maybe it was because I knew the outcome. OTOH, I thought Zander did a heck of a job. He really progressed as the season went on. While his arm strength is suspect, he did hit some nice passes, especially a few when we really had to have them and they were crucial. His runs were also very good. The kid has some moxey and can play. What he didn't do was make critical mistakes, either mental of physical. He did all he could do and lead us to a victory. No question he was the hero of the day. Give the coaching staff credit, too, for having a game plan to take advantage of Zander's abilities and not have him do things that he might not be as successful in accomplishing. A job well done!!

Next year he is going to be a very capable backup and maybe even grow, physically and mentally, into a srter in a couple of years. If we get the Juco, can Zander be redshirted next year?

It may be sacrilegious to say but Fisch has lost a step or two

when it comes to calling football games. I still love to listen to him but it has grown incredibly difficult (and frustrating) to follow the game via the radio.

It's not sacrilegious, imho. Nor is it a new problem.....

Fisch has never been good at football, imho.

Exactly how I felt

I listened to the BGSU game while traveling. He and Buck seem to spend more time chatting than calling the game. That was a one-game sampling, but it didn't compare to his call of a basketball game (where he's pretty unmatchable).

Buck

I listened to the second half of the Rutgers game, and Buck was out of control, constantly riffing and interrupting Fisch. And I could tell it was flustering Fisch too. Buck needs to rain it in some, methinks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT