ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Group Calls On Pence To Invoke The 25th Amendment And Calls This Sedition

Only Mas knows for sure.

He's quite busy right now...

1_Congress-Holds-Joint-Session-To-Ratify-2020-Presidential-Election.jpg

GOP-allied business group joins calls for Pence to consider invoking 25th Amendment
The head of the National Association of Manufacturers has called on Vice President Mike Pence to consider removing President Donald Trump from office for inciting the rioting seen inside the Capitol Wednesday. Jay Timmons, the NAM's president and CEO, blasted the "armed violent protestors who support the baseless claim by outgoing president (sic) Trump that he somehow won an election that he overwhelmingly lost." Timmons is a former high-level Republican congressional aide who led the National Republican Senatorial Committee in 2004.

"Throughout this whole disgusting episode, Trump has been cheered on by members of his own party, adding fuel to the distrust that has enflamed violent anger. This is not law and order. This is chaos. It is mob rule. It is dangerous. This is sedition and should be treated as such," Timmons said in a statement released by the association.

"The outgoing president incited violence in an attempt to retain power, and any elected leader defending him is violating their oath to the Constitution and rejecting democracy in favor of anarchy. Anyone indulging conspiracy theories to raise campaign dollars is complicit. Vice President Pence, who was evacuated from the Capitol, should seriously consider working with the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to preserve democracy."

Under the 25th amendment, the vice president and a majority of the Cabinet can declare that the president is "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his officers," which would trigger the vice president replacing him. This scenario is unlikely. The association represents all the manufacturing sector's interests in DC, billing itself as the largest manufacturing association. Some of the group's leadership also has close ties to the GOP, having previously worked for Republican members and/or causes.
Pence's term in office as vice president is going to be codified by what happens over the next two weeks.

Pence's term in office as vice president is going to be codified by what happens over the next two weeks.
Codified? And unless he achieves lasting world peace and cures cancer, all in two weeks, his tenure is an abject failure

That die was cast more than four years ago. Regardless, he can't do anything unilaterally.

Interesting breakdown. I wonder how big that Trump group is? Seems the Republicans have a real problem finding the numbers they need.

Thats right. Can a conservative R beat a Trump R in a primary? How many primaries? How many of the 10 Rs that voted for impeachment will be primaried?

Ill admit to being a pessimist, but I don’t see the end on Trumpism on 1/20. The brain worms have burrowed in deep in so many people.

I want this to be true. But is it?

If you read the accompanying article the tweet is misleading. Traditional republicans are still the majority of the party at 56% whereas trump Republicans only 36%.

The two groups hold widely different views on removing the president from office, contesting the election and the future of the party. But the Trump Republicans behave with far more unity and intensity.

• Just 1% of Trump Republicans — versus about one-in-four traditional Republicans — think Trump should be removed from office.
  • Traditional Republicans are split over whether the party is better because of Trump; 96% of Trump Republicans say it is.
  • Trump Republicans are more than twice as likely as traditional Republicans to want him as their 2024 nominee and twice as likely to support the protesters.
  • Traditional Republicans are five times as likely to disapprove of the president's behavior.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Thats right. Can a conservative R beat a Trump R in a primary? How many primaries? How many of the 10 Rs that voted for impeachment will be primaried?

Ill admit to being a pessimist, but I don’t see the end on Trumpism on 1/20. The brain worms have burrowed in deep in so many people.
Based on what I see on social media living in Illinois, which sometimes only highlights the loudest, Kinzinger is coming under a ton of heat.

I was shocked at comments made towards him, but guess I shouldn't be. To me, Kinzinger has the type of character the Republicans need. Hell, the Democrats too for that matter.

Reactions: Cortez88
Based on what I see on social media living in Illinois, which sometimes only highlights the loudest, Kinzinger is coming under a ton of heat.

I was shocked at comments made towards him, but guess I shouldn't be. To me, Kinzinger has the type of character the Republicans need. Hell, the Democrats too for that matter.

Id take half Kinzingers and half Lambs any day. We need a coalition of the sane who are on the center left to center right of the political spectrum.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
If you read the accompanying article the tweet is misleading. Traditional republicans are still the majority of the party at 56% whereas trump Republicans only 36%.

The two groups hold widely different views on removing the president from office, contesting the election and the future of the party. But the Trump Republicans behave with far more unity and intensity.

• Just 1% of Trump Republicans — versus about one-in-four traditional Republicans — think Trump should be removed from office.
  • Traditional Republicans are split over whether the party is better because of Trump; 96% of Trump Republicans say it is.
  • Trump Republicans are more than twice as likely as traditional Republicans to want him as their 2024 nominee and twice as likely to support the protesters.
  • Traditional Republicans are five times as likely to disapprove of the president's behavior.

I read it. I guess I just find these numbers very concerning. Time will tell and I would be thrilled to be wrong.

Well I agree with you they are concerning. I suppose the glass half full lens could be that there’s enough to carve out a third party which this country desperately needs.

Unfortunately my glass has been half full of whiskey the last year. And it doesn’t look like 2021 will be much different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT