ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye to the King of Train Songs

I'm going to copy and paste this from what I posted on the WC. Figured someone who doesn't venture over into Jungleland might possibly enjoy watching this...

If you've never seen this, you're in for a treat. Hilarious spinning of tales from Jerry Jeff and Jimmy, along with a special guest appearance by "Fingers" on a performance of Margaritaville on Jerry's one time local Texas tv show...These guys know how to TELL stories...

Always loved Jimmy's "cover" (they co-wrote it) of Railroad Lady. This is awesome... And how sad is a "bus to Kentucky"?

I watched the storytelling one this morning. The telephone fixing story is hilarious.

If you have the time this is well worth listening to my old bud Otis Gibbs tell some Jerry Jeff stories. More on Otis is a different thread. He’s got a new album I want to promote.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookyIU1990
One of the coolest days of my life...Jerry Jeff's Luckenbach LaborFest 1996. Went to the Texas/Mizzou game Saturday, out to Luckenbach Sunday. This pic is Todd Snider.

Lineup:

Todd Snider
Jack Ingram
Junior Brown
Robert Earl Keen
Jerry Jeff

Todd-Snider-Jenny-Finlay.jpg

If you have the time this is well worth listening to my old bud Otis Gibbs tell some Jerry Jeff stories. More on Otis is a different thread. He’s got a new album I want to promote.

We had tickets to his Hi Fi show last Friday but they cancelled it day of show. Probably rain, but was stoked to go check him out.

Saw him at Holler on the Hill 2018. Cool guy.

Reactions: Eppy99
One of the coolest days of my life...Jerry Jeff's Luckenbach LaborFest 1996. Went to the Texas/Mizzou game Saturday, out to Luckenbach Sunday. This pic is Todd Snider.

Lineup:

Todd Snider
Jack Ingram
Junior Brown
Robert Earl Keen
Jerry Jeff

What a lineup.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends" seems like an appropriate line for JJW's passing.

We had tickets to his Hi Fi show last Friday but they cancelled it day of show. Probably rain, but was stoked to go check him out.

Saw him at Holler on the Hill 2018. Cool guy.
His new album is really good. Much of it about his days from living in Indiana. It’s his first album in 18 years where he’s fully electric. Give his recent podcast a listen about the new album. I can post a link if needed.

Lineup:

Todd Snider
Jack Ingram
Junior Brown
Robert Earl Keen
Jerry Jeff

Junior Brown was one of the coolest shows I ever promoted while at the Vogue. That guitar is something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT