ADVERTISEMENT

Good Opener

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
IU - despite 2 drops that wasted our first possession - dominated early.

We went 3 and out. Then we forced a 3 and out.

Then we worked ‘em for a TD 3 straight possessions and forced 3 punts while giving them 27 yards total. Domination.

Then we let up, the heat got us maybe a little, and we gave them a long drive for a TD.

They got a net 11 yards to start the second half, then we worked them again 13 plays for 68 then stalled at the 17 and settled for a FG.

They went 3 and out.

A hold cost us the next posession.

They worked for 37 yards - on 10 plays - and we picked them.

We are still dominating them. When they move it, it’s a struggle.

Hold costs us another possession. Big sack and they go for it on 4th and 19 from their own 38. Domination.

This one bothers me - we go 7 plays to their 30. 4th and 13. We go for it instead of trying the 47 yard FG. Hmmm.

Game is over at 24-7, but we still have fresh RB legs and Green gets a long gut run for a closer TD. 31-7.

I saw what I expected from FIU. Decent offense and a weaker defense.

We were a grinder and our defense mostly played solid to good.

I liked our plays and play calling. Decent runs. Short possession passes. Positive yards over potential. Left. Right. Routes and runs against the grain. We were hard to get a hold of, and fought for the extra yard.

Western Illinois should give us a chance to correct and hone and give depth game reps before we fly out to play a game in an old stadium and whip some azz.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.