ADVERTISEMENT

Good News In Regard To The Weather Report

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
The way I'm deciphering NOAA's 48 hour extended forecast it looks like the rain will completely dry up by Kickoff and the wind will be constant from the south at 14 with gusts up to 21... Temperatures should range in the low 70's, with the humidity in the mid-50's... Also should have a partly cloudy fast moving overcast... All in All a Beautiful October day...

Pretty much a perfect day to be in Bloomington doing anything... If our Football Team has found a way to at least go down fighting it might even be a great day to watch a Football Game...

The way I'm deciphering NOAA's 48 hour extended forecast it looks like the rain will completely dry up by Kickoff and the wind will be constant from the south at 14 with gusts up to 21... Temperatures should range in the low 70's, with the humidity in the mid-50's... Also should have a partly cloudy fast moving overcast... All in All a Beautiful October day...

Pretty much a perfect day to be in Bloomington doing anything... If our Football Team has found a way to at least go down fighting it might even be a great day to watch a Football Game...
Wind might blow Bazelak's passes on target?

Under the heading of "Oopps"...🙈😣🙉...

***Major adjustment*** on that forecast above:

Temperatures will be in the low to mid 60's... Winds will be constant at 15 with gusts up to 32... Humidity will be around 78%.. And... 😞 There's still a 30% chance of light rain up thru 7pm☂☔️☂️🙁...

Sorry... misread it the first time around... 😖

Just proves once a again that you should Never trust a Weather Forecaster..., especially a guy who just plays one occasionally on the internet...

But don't completely despair..., given that forecasters are really lucky if they're right one third of the time maybe there's still an outside chance at that perfect day floating around out the in a few hours from now...

And then the local Indianapolis stations go with my first version...

They must be reading our board...

Weatherbug says 3 pm rain chance 20%, then 0% by 4 through midnight.

Hope IU stadium staff has towels to dry seats for long suffering fans.

Reactions: 76-1
The best thing that could happen is a torrential downpour to help alleviate some of the damage. Northwestern played PSU a fairly tight game and it was in rainy weather. IU needs all the help it can get.

Wind might blow Bazelak's passes on target?
He won't be starting as coach Allen stepped in and told Bell he wasn't. I don't know which QB is starting as they won't say. Anyone on the roster is more accurate than Bazelak. Starting against PSU is a tall order but I bet it will be Tuttle that battled Bazelak so hard. Tuttle will be pumped so I hope he is on target despite being excited as he ran with the #1s and it would be great to see him lead IU to victory. He is much better this year than last season with a bad OC/QB coach. If it is Williams or Sorsby, I will be excited to see either one starting as they will be an improvement over what we have seen so far.

He won't be starting as coach Allen stepped in and told Bell he wasn't. I don't know which QB is starting as they won't say. Anyone on the roster is more accurate than Bazelak. Starting against PSU is a tall order but I bet it will be Tuttle that battled Bazelak so hard. Tuttle will be pumped so I hope he is on target despite being excited as he ran with the #1s and it would be great to see him lead IU to victory. He is much better this year than last season with a bad OC/QB coach. If it is Williams or Sorsby, I will be excited to see either one starting as they will be an improvement over what we have seen so far.
That's good news. I watched Ball State vs Kent State the other night and both of their QB's were better than Bazelak...

We won't be there so that is about 16 lost.
You guys need to get serious and become All-Weather Tailgaters... Just buy three of these:

find some high ground, throw up your regular tentage up in between them, lock all of them down with three or four of those extra large heavy duty silver tarps tossed over the top of them secured by staked HD bungees (with two or three on the ground to cut the mud being tracked around) and you've got yourself an Everest..., er.., Bloomington Base Camp... Go early and stay late while laughing at the elements (and winds up to 80mph)...

Prove you're committed and drop another 21+ Grand towards your Tailgating setup...😉

Last edited:
You guys need to get serious and become All-Weather Tailgaters... Just buy three of these:

find some high ground, throw up your regular tentage up in between them, lock all of them down with three or four of those extra large heavy duty silver tarps tossed over the top of them secured by staked HD bungees (with two or three on the ground to cut the mud being tracked around) and you've got yourself an Everest..., er.., Bloomington Base Camp... Go early and stay late while laughing at the elements (and winds up to 80mph)...

Prove you're committed and drop another 15 Grand towards your Tailgating setup...😉
We werent coming this week regardless. 80 and sunny on the balcony stone crab and oysters. Tis the season.

Reactions: 76-1 and mohepa

Prove you're committed and drop another 15 Grand towards your Tailgating setup...😉
Sometimes in bad weather we have walked down the hill and set up against the practice field fence.

Mother Nature has defeated my $50 Walmart pop up. Thankfully, it appears the rains has passed. No casualties…yet.

The weather in WL looks just fine. Their crowd is decent.

Iowa has zero offense

PU's IU chanting game is solid.

Edit: oh, and those unis...woof

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT