ADVERTISEMENT

Good IU podcasts to listen to while working?

I've started listening to The Assembly Call in long drives.

A good way to make time fly on the road.

Reactions: snowling
Podcast on the Brink is pretty good.

Crimson Cast with Galen is one of the best if you don't mind a little cynicism (which I do, most podcasts sugarcoat everything, CC is more 'honest', like having a data knowledgeable friend that loves to talk and sometimes complain about IU hoops and football). They aren't very active in the off season though. Last podcast was almost two months ago.

Reactions: snowling

Crimson Cast with Galen is one of the best if you don't mind a little cynicism (which I do, most podcasts sugarcoat everything, CC is more 'honest', like having a data knowledgeable friend that loves to talk and sometimes complain about IU hoops and football). They aren't very active in the off season though. Last podcast was almost two months ago.
I second that. Crimson cast is great. You're right about the honesty - theirs is about the only podcast I sometimes listen to again.

Galen and Scott have fallen off in their output over the years, but the massive work they put in after Crean was fired was brilliant.

Reactions: TommyCracker

The podcast from Chronic Hoosier and Galen right after Crean was terminated is the best IU podcast episode I have heard (link below). Chronic also had an awesome podcast with former HT writers after the player issues (Devin Davis, Hanner, etc.) hit the fan. I wish Chronic did more podcasts, but he only does them once in a blue moon. Galen is solid.

I have listened to the Assembly Call some, and it is solid.

http://www.hoosierchronicles.com/2017/03/crimson-cast-podcast.html

The podcast from Chronic Hoosier and Galen right after Crean was terminated is the best IU podcast episode I have heard (link below). Chronic also had an awesome podcast with former HT writers after the player issues (Devin Davis, Hanner, etc.) hit the fan. I wish Chronic did more podcasts, but he only does them once in a blue moon. Galen is solid.

Over the years, Galen and Chronic have done some massive, massive podcasts. They did one after IU beat Minnesota when they were ranked and it is amazing to hear how both of them were totally onto the Crean project at the time.

As far as Assembly Call goes, I feel Jarod spreads himself a bit thin between that and the POTB.

It is not Hoosier related but I started listening to the Pat Mcafee show and its hilarious. They have an ex cop on there that tells a lot of behind the scenes stories.

Have you checked out Galen's YouTube channel? There's some random stuff on there, but there's also a ton of good old IU basketball and football footage, including a lot of full games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwyoEBP715uxHe2tYn9GioA

Reactions: ulrey

Man that brings it all back! Thank you Fred Glass! Thank you everyone who complained publicly and responsibly the last few years! It is soo much better now not even knowing what it will look like next season because we know what it Won't look like.

Have you checked out Galen's YouTube channel? There's some random stuff on there, but there's also a ton of good old IU basketball and football footage, including a lot of full games.

I haven't, thanks for the tip! Galen has always done a great job on these podcasts explaining his POV which is why I like listening to him talk IU bb.

Wish he was more active like a couple of years ago but of course it's free entertainment so, I can't really complain. Lol

Reactions: RBB89

There is a good deal of pretty old stuff on you tube, even beyond Galen. I found both a clip and the full game of IU v. Sparty in 1989. The referees were calling a terrible game and fans started throwing coins on the court: I think Steve Smith got hit. Bob Knight got on the PA system and told fans to cut it out.

Reactions: RBB89
There is a good deal of pretty old stuff on you tube, even beyond Galen. I found both a clip and the full game of IU v. Sparty in 1989. The referees were calling a terrible game and fans started throwing coins on the court: I think Steve Smith got hit. Bob Knight got on the PA system and told fans to cut it out.

Nice find!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT