ADVERTISEMENT

good blues tune that fits many

But I Meant Mine As A Compliment

although putting that cowboy hat and that horn riff on the same stage is probably illegal in 4 or more states

Reminder - don't fly AsiaAir...

and don't try to 'splain Texas-style music to TMP.

I've seen Delbert live, and he's a fun time.

Not Big Bill Broonzy....but who is?

Re: Watered down white boy crap ..

For someone who claims to appreciate music, you surprise me with your closed mindedness.

I thought the words of the tune fit the Hoosier fan we hear complaining about everything here lately. Nothing more, nothing less.

Huh? I didn't say I didn't like it .. I do ..

but since you want to be a dik about it .. I'll educate you. it's just that every time one of you dumb saltines post blues music, it's the watered down white boy crap. Blues should be filled with flattened notes, should have a heavy crossbeat and emphasize the syncopation and poly-rhythm. Well, like the song I posted, which was blues, in it's purest form.

The stuff you just posted barely does any of that. So, it's barely blues. So, my description of it is accurate. If you could actually play it, or have been around people who could, you would hear it, and understand what I'm talking about.

And don't begin to think you're musically open-minded, or that you even compare to a pimple on my ass in that regard, you're not and your response proves it.

This post was edited on 12/29 6:35 PM by T.M.P.

Re: Huh? I didn't say I didn't like it .. I do ..

Not one ounce of me was being a jerk. I was simply posting a blues song that had some reference to IU fans complaining about everything. whether it be 'blues light' or hardcore blues, its just Symantics at this point, u liking to push your music beliefs on everyone.

And I've got a minor in music from IU Bloomington, back when u actually had to go to class in person to get a degree. I have sang in front of the class, etc. And I am a guitar player, FYI, my go to baby is a 1935 gibson L30 archtop. Excellent for what we call the 'call and response blues'

Re: Huh? I didn't say I didn't like it .. I do ..

The notes are flatted, not flattened. Pretty basic for someone with such a messianic complex when it comes to music.

What musical "beliefs" am I pushing on you short bus?

Please find one in my posts.

Here's some advice.

Go grow an extra layer of skin, so you can have a conversation on this board without getting all "sandy" up in y'all crawl space.. Secondly, go back and get your major, so you understand what the hell I'm talking about.

no, but I am thirsty

Hope to have another Brunch Weasel, delicious. I knew a guy with a ferret once, his house always stunk, bet yours does too. No response regarding your lack of fundamental music terminology? Go ahead, post more stupidity that I can rip up...it's been too long.

ADVERTISEMENT