ADVERTISEMENT

Good Basketball on Tonight

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Bucky / Purdue
Nova / Butler

Both games close. Nova can shoot the three well. Purdue has great spacing and offensive flow. No easy one’s. I think Butler will give us all we want and maybe more.

I cannot watch. Please give sum up
Purdue has weapons and played very disciplined basketball. Bucky did not look good. Credit purdue defense for some of it. Williams is a force for Purdue amd Ivey is going to be a good player.

Nova game was tight and then Nova pulled away in final 8 minutes. Thompson for Butler went out with an ankle injury which didn’t help Butler. Not sure he’ll be available for them saturday or not.

Reactions: Jssanto
Nova can play..
The other's Meh..
I guess OSU was undermanned...So if Purdue is celebrating some big win..I'd caution that...
The big win is Purdue is actually getting healthy again. Purdue has been undermanned every game this year.

Ohio State missing people from injuries and illness. Butler has only had 1 or 2 practices and then with only 7 or 8 guys if I heard it correctly.

Gonna be a crazy year with all the Covid issues for these teams.

Ohio State missing people from injuries and illness. Butler has only had 1 or 2 practices and then with only 7 or 8 guys if I heard it correctly.

Gonna be a crazy year with all the Covid issues for these teams.
Bucky +6.5 was a loser. Best three point shooter had a clean look at the buzzer too. They suck we should handle OSU.

The big win is Purdue is actually getting healthy again. Purdue has been undermanned every game this year.
Yeah I've watched them every game..
But take say ..Williams off Purdue. They winning any Big Ten games ..Same goes for Indiana take TJD off....

But take say ..Williams off Purdue. They winning any Big Ten games ..Same goes for Indiana take TJD off....

and tjd is much better than Williams. Williams has had a few good games but he isn’t nearly the player tjd is.

Well ya. Obviously. That wasn't the point I was making though. Although. Williams struggled early. I'm not claiming this as a big win. I'm saying that Purdue getting all their guards back is the big win. Without the injury to hunter or ivy, id be willing to make the case Purdue is undefeated right now. Not sure how good they are overall yet. Inconsistent. Which I expected for a super young team.

Reactions: Lifetimebooler1
Well ya. Obviously. That wasn't the point I was making though. Although. Williams struggled early. I'm not claiming this as a big win. I'm saying that Purdue getting all their guards back is the big win. Without the injury to hunter or ivy, id be willing to make the case Purdue is undefeated right now. Not sure how good they are overall yet. Inconsistent. Which I expected for a super young team.
Any win in the BIG10 is a big win this year, that said Ohio State looked really bad yesterday. No way they should be ranked.

In case you didn't know, Bucky is synonymous to Wisconsin, not OSU.
Really? First I have ever heard that. So you know, anytime I say Bucky, it is in references to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Bucky is short for Buckeye. I also tend to refer to Wisconain as Wiscy. Is Wiscy synonymous with Ohio State? If so, that would make sense.

Really? First I have ever heard that. So you know, anytime I say Bucky, it is in references to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Bucky is short for Buckeye. I also tend to refer to Wisconain as Wiscy. Is Wiscy synonymous with Ohio State? If so, that would make sense.
images

Purdue has weapons and played very disciplined basketball. Bucky did not look good. Credit purdue defense for some of it. Williams is a force for Purdue amd Ivey is going to be a good player.

Nova game was tight and then Nova pulled away in final 8 minutes. Thompson for Butler went out with an ankle injury which didn’t help Butler. Not sure he’ll be available for them saturday or not.
Nicely done. Thanks

Well, well, look who's back. PU win, you show back up, PU loss... crickets.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Well, well, look who's back. PU win, you show back up, PU loss... crickets.
We should not lose to PU or OSU. PU has huge guard problems. They have a monster ogre and a fatter slower poor mans TJD in Williams. Williams does have great vision and has the behind the head pass down, but lord that OSU defense was bad. One thing IU is elite at is D. Those 5 or 6 easy backdoor layups ain’t happening on Arch’s watch. That is one thing you have to credit him on. We have a defensive powerhouse team. franklin, Rob, race, trace are all elite big ten defenders.

Franklin is gonna be the best defender since Vic. Hot take of the day.

Might be already. Expected him to be much better than anticipated despite being largely overlooked by the resident braintrust, but so far has been better than hoped. Already has an NBA body and a pretty good stroke, if he can develop the handle that VO did could become a real terror on both ends even without Victor's raw athleticism. VO just had/has 'mad hops'.

We should not lose to PU or OSU. PU has huge guard problems. They have a monster ogre and a fatter slower poor mans TJD in Williams. Williams does have great vision and has the behind the head pass down, but lord that OSU defense was bad. One thing IU is elite at is D. Those 5 or 6 easy backdoor layups ain’t happening on Arch’s watch. That is one thing you have to credit him on. We have a defensive powerhouse team. franklin, Rob, race, trace are all elite big ten defenders.

i watched some of the first half and completely agree with you. OSU would double down on Tre when he got the ball on the blocks, leaving a Purdue player on the other side of the lane wide open, near the other block. No rotation at all by OSU, easy assist from Williams. Will be a tough go for OSU players in the film room this afternoon (assuming teams still do that...maybe I'm old and out of touch).

Reactions: Cavanagh
Sure it had nothing to do with OSU's leading scorer being out with Mono.

"and we're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe"

that's adorable.

Huge guard problems? How?

Huge guard problems? How?

Well you don't have a true PG or ball handler and they are all very suspect handling the ball and running offense. IU's D is gonna eat PU alive. I will be betting lots of money on those games. Edey won't be able to stay on the court. Only way you have a chance is Williams goes for 30+, good luck. Ivey might have 5 TOs in 5 mins against us, again, good luck.

Well you don't have a true PG or ball handler and they are all very suspect handling the ball and running offense. IU's D is gonna eat PU alive. I will be betting lots of money on those games. Edey won't be able to stay on the court. Only way you have a chance is Williams goes for 30+, good luck. Ivey might have 5 TOs in 5 mins against us, again, good luck.

You do realize that Purdue has really only had one true PG during Painter’s tenure (Lewis Jackson) right? The motion offense doesn’t need a true PG.

Hunter is just fine bringing the ball up the court. We didn’t have a true PG last year and our guards were worse than they are this year and we still had no trouble sweeping you guys. Newman/Ivey is a big upgrade from what we had last year. We’re also a much better shooting team than you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT