ADVERTISEMENT

Golf Course Info and Rates . . .

Valley Area Golf Course review sites

...Hey, Hoosiers, here are a couple of links to help you decide where to play in the candy store known as Phoenix-area golf. There is every kind of experience imaginable, from target-style desert layouts to mountain, "traditional" and a few that appear transplanted from elsewhere.

First link with this post, and then I'll link a separate one in a subsequent post. If I can find time in the next 2-3 weeks, I may even publish my own list of recommendations, based on playing over 35 of the local venues.

Enjoy!

Golf Arizona course reviews

2nd golf course review link...

For some courses, these guys give very detailed reviews and even some recommendations on strategy.

I will check back occasionally if anyone has questions on specific courses or areas.

Two Guys Who Golf reviews

Re: 2nd golf course review link...

When I went out there earlier this fall, I played two courses for the same basic amount -- $75 a round. The first was McCormick Ranch, which was a nice, well-kept course that I didn't find extremely difficult (or scenic). It's an OK place to play, but I just kind of felt like it was a bit overpriced for the walk.

The other place I played was called Dinosaur Mountain, and it's part of the Gold Canyon Golf Resort. The Dinosaur Mountain course is open to the public. It's quite challenging, but is immaculately kept and the scenery is second to none. You're actually playing within a mountain range and are surrounded by desert, cacti and mesas on all sides.

Like I said, it's pretty challenging. Lots of elevated tee boxes and landing zones and all the whole nine. I found the back nine easier than the front, but the guys I was playing with (including a golf pro) were very good and said they thought the back was tougher.

Anyway, Gold Canyon Golf Resort, is located Apache Junction, in the Superstition Mountains -- about 30 miles East of Phoneix. It's actually pretty easy to find. When I was there, it wasn't quite peak season (like it is now), so green fees for both Dinosaur Mountain and McCormick Ranch are probably steeper than the $75 range they were when I went.

If you can afford it, though ... I highly recommend The Dinosaur.

Check Golfnow.com Prior to Booking a Tee Time [from aaronnuetzman]

Go to golfnow.com to see if the course you want to play is on the system. You will be able to save 25-50% off of the going rate.

Golf Now - Phoenix Area

Arizona Central Info [from MTobin] . . .

Here's a link to the many different things available in Central Arizona, including golf. This link covers everything. Thanks to MTobin for mentioning this in a different post.

Be sure to scroll down the link for the numerous additional links.

Arizona Central Has It All

ADVERTISEMENT