ADVERTISEMENT

God Bless our Veterans and Service Men and Woman

davegolf

All-American
Sep 18, 2001
All those who serve, served and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their Country we thank you. Let America never forget your sacrifices and remember its obligations for your service.

"My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place - police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces."
~ Sidney Sheldon

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
~ Mark Twain
This post was edited on 11/11 4:59 AM by davegolf

Thank-you for protecting our many freedoms

Almost all of us need to be more appreciative of you and far less dismissive

Thank you veterans

96 years ago today, the "war to end all wars" ended. Unfortunately that name turned out to be inaccurate and we still require men and women to serve in defense. Thanks to all those who have served, and continue to serve.

I like your quote from Sidney Sheldon. Our police and fire don't necessarily have a day that is popularly celebrated, and they too deserve thanks.

Thanks Dave. I served in the Air Force at Grissom AFB near Peru IN. I was

probably the only person on the base who was glad to be at Grissom. When Indiana won the NC in 87, I was the only person in the room who went nuts when Smart his the shot. Lots of good memories and some......not so good are connected to serving in the military. But I am glad I went through it.

It was our privilege

to serve this Nation in the US Air Force and as a police officer.

Thank you!

Re: Thanks Dave. I served in the Air Force at Grissom AFB near Peru IN. I was

Did you ever happen to meet Col Stewart from the 122nd Fighter Wing in Fort Wayne? He was the Commander for several years and had the "Stick" from the Jet in front of the Memorial Coliseum which he flew. His grandson my son now has.

No, I didn't. But I did knock the Wing Commander on his butt during a

basketball game at Grissom. I didn't know he was the Wing Commander at the time. But he had fouled me real hard on a few plays before,so I was getting him back. I was very nervous when I found out later who he was.His name was Ebert.

This post was edited on 11/11 6:21 PM by VanPastorMan

Originally posted by davegolf:

All those who serve, served and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their Country we thank you. Let America never forget your sacrifices and remember its obligations for your service.

"My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place - police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces."
~ Sidney Sheldon

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
~ Mark Twain
This post was edited on 11/11 4:59 AM by davegolf
amen Dave.

absolutely no way to ever thank them enough.

ADVERTISEMENT