ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS nerd thread

But what is the middle? Most people don't have middle of the road opinions across the board, rather they have varied opinions which line up with neither side. I'd consider myself to be fiscally conservative but socially liberal. What does that make me? I average out to middle but none of my views are middle of the road on their own.
That is a good point, there really isn't a set of policies that define one as moderate. But I would suggest it can be defined by a willingness to deal and compromise.

Daily-Mirror-front-page--Bush-reelected.jpg

Democrats need to nominate a near-perfect candidate to win. Republicans will vote for any POS.

Maybe . . . but I doubt college educated folks would have supported him in the same numbers they've supported Hillary. The cost of his programs didn't add up to being doable.
I think you also are discounting the HATRED of Clinton. That driving force would have been gone.

I would just like to say...

We are about to arrive. Please go get another degree and prove again how you out number and have a more important voice.

We are still listening. We will always be listening, UNTIL we HEAR. Your vitriol. Then it's over again. Children will be be children.

God, I hope so. If we get nothing else out of a Trump presidency than rid of that abominable law, it will have done some good.

I'm shocked that it still has any defenders, frankly.
Right, and then premiums will keep on going up. Surprise, surprise. The 20 million who lose their health insurance will go back to Emergency Department -> Bankrupcy -> Rinse and Repeat. Lot of good that will do anyone.

Hillary is going to pull out Michigan, but she's going to lose Pennsylvania. That means even an Arizona win won't save her.

Heil Trump.

I don't see that yet.

PA is very, very close....(26k votes). All the votes still out are blue counties.

I think we are headed for a tie, decided by Maine and Nebraska congressional districts. Where are those sitting?

I don't see that yet.

PA is very, very close....(26k votes). All the votes still out are blue counties.

I think we are headed for a tie, decided by Maine and Nebraska congressional districts. Where are those sitting?

No. Like goat said there is an overly red county that hasn't reported a single vote yet

It's over. The biggest upset in American political history has just occurred. Thank goodness. It's been a very long time coming.

When one looks at the Senate up in 2018, maybe the Dems will even lose filibuster power.
Well, Republicans won't have any excuses after that. They better boom the livin' bejesus out of the economy, create 50M jobs and lift all the boats off the shoals. I'm guessing it's a load of crapola, but if not fine. At least we won't have to listen to the straitjacketed ideologues any more when they tank our economy with their austerity.

Well, Republicans won't have any excuses after that. They better boom the livin' bejesus out of the economy, create 50M jobs and lift all the boats off the shoals. I'm guessing it's a load of crapola, but if not fine. At least we won't have to listen to the straitjacketed ideologues any more when they tank our economy with their austerity.
If this leads to a new American Renaissance, I'll personally change my registration to GOP.

We are about to arrive. Please go get another degree and prove again how you out number and have a more important voice.

We are still listening. We will always be listening, UNTIL we HEAR. Your vitriol. Then it's over again. Children will be be children.

Well, I'm not sure but that Trump isn't like the dog that chased the school bus and caught it.

I have little doubt that Trump thinks he has a mandate to do whatever the hell he wants to do, including undertaking dictator powers. My guess is that four years from now y'all will be very uneasy about what you've wrought here.

In any case, it's up to you to hold Trump's feet to the fire to deliver what he promised y'all. Good luck with that.

Nah, all republicans proved tonight is they need the (R) next to their name. I love how republicans are claiming Trump's election is a message to "shake up Washington", but they reelected pretty much every other republican running for office. LOL! Yeah, shake it up, boys!!!

Last year, the day before the election, polls showed Matt Bevin losing the Kentucky governor race by 5%. He won by 9. The only prognosticator who said he'd win was a guy named Bisig.

Bisig called it for Trump yesterday. Said "the change agent wins the late break in a close election."

Next year, I'm listening to Bisig.

Well, I'm not sure but that Trump isn't like the dog that chased the school bus and caught it.

I have little doubt that Trump thinks he has a mandate to do whatever the hell he wants to do, including undertaking dictator powers. My guess is that four years from now y'all will be very uneasy about what you've wrought here.

In any case, it's up to you to hold Trump's feet to the fire to deliver what he promised y'all. Good luck with that.
He said we have the nukes, why not use them, never had to roll that back, so yeah, basically he's free to nuke ISIS and carpet bomb all their families to Kingdom Come. This will be interesting. Let's see how many promises he keeps. Looking for that check from Mexico. Wondering if the wall will divide the Rio Grande and how deep they'll plant it in the mud or if they'll put it on Mexico's side or what. How many trillions is he going to spend revamping our decadent military and exiling illegals. Will he block incoming Muslims by Executive Order on Day One? Slap tariffs on products from factories leaving?

This will be quite fascinating.

When both parties nominate two reeking pieces of humanity, this is what you get.

I can at least go to sleep knowing I voted for none of these wretched losers at any point of this campaign. America gets what it deserves.

At least 4 years of Trump will be more interesting than 4 of Hillary. Just something new if nothing else.

When both parties nominate two reeking pieces of humanity, this is what you get.

I can at least go to sleep knowing I voted for none of these wretched losers at any point of this campaign. America gets what it deserves.

At least 4 years of Trump will be more interesting than 4 of Hillary. Just something new if nothing else.
I recommend keeping the blindfolds and adding a gas mask, along with a fallout shelter in your basement. Don't forget Putin's coming.

Reactions: Morrison
So, Trump beat Clinton by 4% with college educated whites, and did 6% better with Hispanics than Romney did. I'm just laughing at our electorate at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT