ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS nerd thread

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
This thread is for people who actually want to discuss what's going on tonight from an analytical standpoint. Jerks and partisan hacks will be kicked out of the thread without warning.

Per MSNBC, exit polls have 50% of voters with college degree, 3 points higher than 2012. That's close enough not to draw too many conclusions from it, but if it's accurate, not good for Trump.

Per MSNBC, exit polls have 50% of voters with college degree, 3 points higher than 2012. That's close enough not to draw too many conclusions from it, but if it's accurate, not good for Trump.

Things can always change, but high turnout doesn't bode well for republicans in general

Can we have an unmonitored thread too? I fear I'm not going to behave myself. And this is my 20,000 post! Yay me!

Voter turnout will be up 2.31% over 2012--2.79% east of the Mississippi.

Have I established my bona fides? Can I stay?

Reactions: Sope Creek
CNN exit polls show these turnouts
whites -2% (70%)
blacks -1% (12%)
latinos +1% (11%)
asian +1% (I forget)

With a possibly unprecedented turnout, I don't see that as favoring Democrats. 70% of a lot more white bolue collar workers voting for Trump trumps the smaller percentages. This election may hinge on disaffected independent and conservative white women.

Of course, there's also the possibility that those turnouts don't reflect swing states properly.

In all honesty, once the die has been cast, I'm no longer in partisan hack mode, and I just wanted to make sure there was one thread for people who wanted to talk results rather than still try to change each other's votes.

Stop apologizing. It's unbecoming of a dictator. :D

I absolutely can't do CNN during an election, anymore. Never again. All flashing lights and fancy graphics and background music. It's an election, not a damn video game.

MSNBC the rest of the way for me, with the random check-in at Fox.

Padding his "likes" count.

The Liberal Princess claims to be the only voter in D.C. to have written in Gabby Giffords for POTUS.

How she knows this I don't know.

Edited for 6 20-oz Sam Adams and 4 bourbons since 1530.

Last edited:
Clinton's going to win.
Georgia "Too close"
Virginia "Too early"

Too early is a good phrase for the favorite, too close is good for the underdog. Both good phrases for Clinton in both cases.

The Liberal Princess claims to be the only voter in D.C. To have written it Gabby Giffords for POTUS.

Sounds like she learned to do some deductive reasoning . . . in college.

Chris Matthews just put Rudy on blast: "Are you proud of how you behaved in this election? I've known you for a while, never thought there was anything wrong with you until this election. Are you proud of yourself?"

Rudy laughed it off, but it was definitely a burn.

The Liberal Princess claims to be the only voter in D.C. to have written in Gabby Giffords for POTUS.

Edited for 6 20-oz Sam Adams and 4 bourbons since 1530.

You? Or her? Or between the both of yuns?

I absolutely can't do CNN during an election, anymore. Never again. All flashing lights and fancy graphics and background music. It's an election, not a damn video game.

Really, every time I get sick of Wolf and flip to MSNBC they are interviewing campaign reps. First it was Conway, second was Giuliani, and third was some Clinton backer I didn't recognize. I don't give a dang what the campaigns spin tonight. I'm stuck with Wolf.

Those are my two go-to sources tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT