ADVERTISEMENT

GO ... GO ... GO ... Go fers.

Yup, Fryfogle got called for the same thing last week at MSU. Here’s the thing, they had Moore back, they had Karlaftis and Minny had 20+ guys out, if you’re PU (and you’re as good as they claim they are) it shouldn’t come down to a last second call.
Two missed FG’s by PU too. Hit those chippers and that penalty is a moot point. It’s never one call!

Personally, on the call, yes TE had an arm out for a second but probably still a bit ticky tacky call.

But if you allow undermanned team to drop 34 pts and miss two short FG.’s, you’ve put yourself in a position to lose.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Purdue got jobbed , no doubt about it. I don't get the hate, best thing for IU is a bucket game that means something. Lets all be honest and admit IU was given the golden call on that 2 pt conversion

Reactions: Upset Alert
Never argued the call good or bad, I’ve seen IU get the shaft more times than I care to remember, BUT, I don’t blame officiating calls for losses. The call on the first play is just as important as the call on the last play, and everything in between leads to the outcome. You missed field goals, your defense was terrible and you had your players back that you had been whining about. There was no excuse to let that team be close enough to allow a call one way or another to affect the outcome, PU earned this loss. Iowa curb stomped Minnesota 35-7 last week ,and Minny didn’t score until literally the final seconds of the game. If PU and Brohm were any good , they would have done the same, and I don’t need to look at Twitter to know that.

Think Penn St was a good team but IU loss crushed them, followed by OSU the next week, and they went into a tailspin. Iowa may be the opposite, not sure PU would beat them the way they’re playing now. And PU probably dodged a bullet not having to play Wiscy.

Moore is an explosive player and I still wish Warren Central’s David Bell had gone to IU, as he is simply a fantastic lights out player who will be playing in Sunday’s (and is a great kid too.) But rest of the Boiler seems like about a middle tier B10 team kind of like IU was with a similar star in AR El.

(How great would a Bell transfer to IU be paired up with Penix?) 😎

You do realize that less than 3 of the guys that were out actually play?
Less than 3 starters missed the game.
Once again because it doesn’t seem to be sinking in, 90+% of the guys missing don’t even play. It’s not like their entire starting lineup was out. It was almost all backups.
Remember all this in hoops season before you start whining about not having enough players. Most of those missing guys don't matter.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Purdue got jobbed , no doubt about it. I don't get the hate, best thing for IU is a bucket game that means something. Lets all be honest and admit IU was given the golden call on that 2 pt conversion
New to the rivalry?

Bucket game won't mean anything this year. purdue isn't playing for anything.

Reactions: IUgradman
Rondale was interfered with on the interception.

You have come to the wrong place to sob about calls going against you. No one should expect a speck sympathy from Indiana fans in that regard. after what IU has been through vs the big boys in the conf over the last 20 years.

Bottom line is that your "best receivers in the whole wide world" and "best coach in the whole wide world" just got beat by a very short handed bad team.

I understand that you guys are bitter that IU is doing well with their "over rated high school coach" but coming here with this sobbing shitshow is hardly the way to gain any respect.

New to the rivalry?

Bucket game won't mean anything this year. purdue isn't playing for anything.

I don’t hate PU always as I do think two good teams makes Bucket game more prestigious and then want IU to win every time!

But even when PU is down team, I do think in this rivalry game can’t sleep on either team as shitty players somehow become killers in a bucket game and a team playing with nothing to lose can be dangerous (esp with Moore & Bell on offense.)

IU can’t get cocky but good news is IU should also have no problem being focused on PU. especially if we’re playing for something very significant!

PU got jobbed? No.
Don’t get the hate? It’s PU, they’ve earned it.
Bucket game that means something? It always means something.
Golden Call? Oh hell no, finally got the right call.

I don’t hate PU always as I do think two good teams makes Bucket game more prestigious and then want IU to win every time!

But even when PU is down team, I do think in this rivalry game can’t sleep on either team as shitty players somehow become killers in a bucket game and a team playing with nothing to lose can be dangerous (esp with Moore & Bell on offense.)

IU can’t get cocky but good news is IU should also have no problem being focused on PU. especially if we’re playing for something very significant!
You and I just have a different view of that team. Regardless of whether we're sitting here undefeated and headed for our biggest game yet or oh for the season and about to get curbstomped yet again, I'd have the same thought in my head...POTFB.

PU got jobbed? No.

Purdue or otherwise, that OPI call was one of the worst officiating calls I’ve ever seen.

Just once I’d like to see a football official who blows a call - especially a game-affecting call - do what MLB ump Jim Joyce did when he blew a call at first that robbed a Tigers pitcher of a perfect game: man up and admit it publicly.

PU got jobbed? No.
Man if you can't see IU got the call of the year on that I can't help you.

Mmm, I disagree.

I don’t think there was any definitive video evidence to say that ball did or didn’t cross the plane. No camera angles were captured which would clearly show it. It’s entirely possible that it did and entirely possible that it didn’t.

Had the call on the field been a no-score, that call would’ve stood as well.

i didn't see the play live, but did see the replay this morning. From the angles they showed it was difficult to see where the push occurred and if it provided the Receiver with an advantage. I agree with the points that Purdue wasted opportunities and the one call didn't cost them the Game.

As far as Officiating, I want to see consistency in calls. What was a penalty in the 1st Quarter is still a Penalty at the end of the game. Too many times we this go the opposite way. The Guy who calls everything for 3 Quarters, swallows his Whistle in the 4th Quarter and let's everything go, In any event, I want the players to decide the outcome without the Officials putting their Thumbs on the scale.

You can’t help me.
After 50+ years of IU football PTSD, I’ll take a call in our favor at face value especially one that the video evidence doesn’t dispute. Note that I’m not saying the video 100% confirms the call either.
With every fiber of my being, I hope IU beats OSU today but history keeps nagging at me that beating PSU, UM, and MSU, being top 10, leading the conference standings is merely a prelude to once again having football hopes and dreams crushed. Seen it before.
So you’ll just have to pardon me in accepting that call as the right call in the absence of clear evidence that it was not.
So here’s to fond memories of screwdriver and donut pregames (before Memorial had lights), and watching IU beat ahia today and perhaps begin to heal a half century of football scars.

i didn't see the play live, but did see the replay this morning. From the angles they showed it was difficult to see where the push occurred and if it provided the Receiver with an advantage. I agree with the points that Purdue wasted opportunities and the one call didn't cost them the Game.

As far as Officiating, I want to see consistency in calls. What was a penalty in the 1st Quarter is still a Penalty at the end of the game. Too many times we this go the opposite way. The Guy who calls everything for 3 Quarters, swallows his Whistle in the 4th Quarter and let's everything go, In any event, I want the players to decide the outcome without the Officials putting their Thumbs on the scale.
During the game they showed one angle you could see it. The TE extended his arm, and you could see the defender slow down, creating some separation.

Was it offensive PI? Probably. Certainly there have been much worse than that not called. I don't think it was egregious enough to throw a flag in that spot. Not the worst call I have ever witnessed, but if I were a PU fan I would be ticked.

Minnesota still had 2 timeouts and 54 seconds left. The only time PU was able to slow Minnesota down was when the Gophers went Mike Deboard and Chuck Pagano mixed together and did a terrible job of trying to kill the clock.

During the game they showed one angle you could see it. The TE extended his arm, and you could see the defender slow down, creating some separation.

Was it offensive PI? Probably. Certainly there have been much worse than that not called. I don't think it was egregious enough to throw a flag in that spot. Not the worst call I have ever witnessed, but if I were a PU fan I would be ticked.

Minnesota still had 2 timeouts and 54 seconds left. The only time PU was able to slow Minnesota down was when the Gophers went Mike Deboard and Chuck Pagano mixed together and did a terrible job of trying to kill the clock.

Either way the PUers are in a complete outrage about this. "Fixed, arrest, jail, fired, corruption"

Total meltdown.

They are almost as upset about this as they are about IU's 2pt conversion call vs Penn State

If you want to “help” , please provide ANY evidence that the call was incorrect. You know you can’t, we know you can’t, so stop making dumb statements you can’t support.

They also fail to mention the complete phantom PI call against Minnesota which lead to their last TD. If that call isn’t made PU has to try a FG, instead they score a TD on the next play. If they get 3 instead of 7 there, then the last drive is for a tie . Again , calls matter throughout the game, not just at the end, but players and plays throughout the game almost always determine the outcome.

Reactions: Andy06 and 76-1
Foxsports has a great video showing an end zone angle of the IU play and it was a 2pointer

Reactions: 76-1
Shouldn’t have come down to that but Purdue got absolutely hosed. Ref should be fined/suspended.
let me see now Minnesota out 25 players, the Bell straight arm for separation on the td, playing one of the worst defenses in the B10, the bad PI call on Minnesota and purdue got hosed?

Purdue has 3 really good players at the offensive skill positions.
3 Bell, 4 Moore, and 40 Horvath.
We will have to account for this guys. We also cannot expect missed field goals and ref help.
But for now, on to OSU

let me see now Minnesota out 25 players, the Bell straight arm for separation on the td, playing one of the worst defenses in the B10, the bad PI call on Minnesota and purdue got hosed?

Really latching onto the players being out aren’t you? Who cares when most of them were back-ups? Man if only they had their 3rd string OL guys lol.

The phantom PI on MN at least should’ve been a defensive holding call.

You can’t help me.
After 50+ years of IU football PTSD, I’ll take a call in our favor at face value especially one that the video evidence doesn’t dispute. Note that I’m not saying the video 100% confirms the call either.
With every fiber of my being, I hope IU beats OSU today but history keeps nagging at me that beating PSU, UM, and MSU, being top 10, leading the conference standings is merely a prelude to once again having football hopes and dreams crushed. Seen it before.
So you’ll just have to pardon me in accepting that call as the right call in the absence of clear evidence that it was not.
So here’s to fond memories of screwdriver and donut pregames (before Memorial had lights), and watching IU beat ahia today and perhaps begin to heal a half century of football scars.

I have faith in Hoosier Football. I think we can do it and I certainly hope we do.

But I won’t be “crushed” if we don’t. It’s Ohio State...at the Horseshoe, no less. Let’s keep things in perspective.

Either way the PUers are in a complete outrage about this. "Fixed, arrest, jail, fired, corruption"

Total meltdown.

They are almost as upset about this as they are about IU's 2pt conversion call vs Penn State
They just got the bad beat credit curse from FanDuel. All bets on Purdue, spread and moneyline, have been credited. Penn State bettors got their spread bets refunded and they're in the crapper. I can only imagine what this curse will do to the broilee team over and above more losing.

Might even end up killing all the grass on their field...oh wait.

Really latching onto the players being out aren’t you? Who cares when most of them were back-ups? Man if only they had their 3rd string OL guys lol.

The phantom PI on MN at least should’ve been a defensive holding call.
They had 3 starters out and several others who played a lot for depth facts matter.

I heard that Attorney Rudy Guiliani is looked into the bad call by the refs and determined that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez may be behind this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT