ADVERTISEMENT

Go be a cop

I think they can walk and chew gum at the same time. I see the point of addressing systemic issues against them. I just think that when they get through that, they are going to find those other issues lingering behind it.

I'll believe it when I see it...

The greatest danger to a black man in the United States is another black man and that's been supported by the stats for years...

BLM has done nothing to address that bit of reality that I'm aware of... It seems just too hard to take that look in the mirror. It's much easier to blame all their problems on other races (while their families are having to duck bullets fired by their "brothers")...

Reactions: ulrey and Lucy01

The greatest danger to a black man in the United States is another black man and that's been supported by the stats for years...

BLM has done nothing to address that bit of reality that I'm aware of... It seems just too hard to take that look in the mirror. It's much easier to blame all their problems on other races (while their families are having to duck bullets fired by their "brothers")...
Goat won’t like your post, it doesn’t fit his agenda!

Reactions: 76-1

That is the frustrating part, addressing the police treatment is important, but a drop in the bucket for anyone truly concerned about saving black lives. Careful, though, lest you be labeled a racist for pointing that out...

"There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

- Rev. Jesse Jackson

Maybe you should talk to some people involved with BLM. That organization does do a lot to combat what your talking about. Unfortunately people don't choose to recognize that. Nor does the media talk about it as much.

Reactions: hoosboot

Black on Black violence statistics may make some Whities feel safer, but it doesn't help Black folks trapped in areas of violent crime.

Not what statistics say.
Those statistic say nothing about proper education regarding guns. Just because idiots with what typically amount to very poor home lives decide to use a firearm to harm doesn't mean you do away with guns. I think this article is more about how households need to take more personal accountability for what happens inside their walls than anything. Ignorance can be overcome, but unfortunately stupid just can't.

I know 100's of educated gun owners and not one has had an incident with a gun that wasn't intended.

This is so spot on, you shouldn't try to clean up everyone else's yard unless you are willing to clean up your own. Unfortunately Louisville has a terrible problem with black on black crime and the city seemingly does little to nothing about it, but they are in with both feet when it comes to BLM against the police? It makes zero sense!

Reactions: ulrey
That is the frustrating part, addressing the police treatment is important, but a drop in the bucket for anyone truly concerned about saving black lives. Careful, though, lest you be labeled a racist for pointing that out...

It's 2 sides of the same coin. BoB crime is a function of poverty, historically driven by discrimination.

Reactions: hoosboot
I’m sure living in Carmel gives you a better understanding of downtown areas than people who have lived there for decades. No doubt.,
Carmel? I don't even drive through the place today much less live there. Never have. I was raised in the Golden Ghetto - you probably wouldn't understand. I'm sure not taking any more time explaining.

Reactions: 76-1 and stollcpa
It's 2 sides of the same coin. BoB crime is a function of poverty, historically driven by discrimination.
So if we give a group of poverty stricken inner city folks a bunch of money the crime stops? Seems like an awful lot of wealthy black folks have perpetrated & been victims of violent crime. Some might suggest that behavior has been celebrated in music & by athletes...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...texas-police-officers-fatally-shot/index.html

Two police officers in McAllen, Texas, were killed while answering a domestic disturbance call Saturday afternoon, according to the police chief.

The officers were shot by a suspect as they approached the door of a home, McAllen Police Chief Victor Rodriguez said during a press conference Saturday evening.

"The officers never had a chance to suspect a deadly assault on them, much less death, at that moment in time," a very emotional Rodriguez told reporters.

It's heart disease, then cancer..

Facts. Get you some.

Just in case anyone didn’t notice how despicable this was-
Young daughter of murdered officer attacked on social media for her mourning post about her father, a hero.
July 12, 2020 Faith & Family, Fallen, Featured, Must Reads, News, Other
Screen-Shot-2020-07-12-at-7.56.25-PM.png

MCALLEN, TX– Law Enforcement Today reported on Officer Ismael Chavez, who was murdered this week in McAllen. Savannah Chavez is Officer Chavez’ daughter. Yesterday, she posted on Twitter about mourning the recent loss of her father.

Grieving the tragic and untimely death of her father, Savannah tweeted another heart-felt post, this time saying that her father died a hero and that she loved him.

What happened next was not what she or anyone else would have ever expected.

Instead of receiving heart-warming responses from others sympathizing with her loss, a large portion of the replies and quote-tweets were from antagonistic Antifa and Black Lives Matter-aligned accounts mocking her and celebrating the death of her father.

Some even lectured her on how her father wasn’t really a good person.

The tweet became so overwhelmingly hostile that Savannah has since deleted it.

Savannah used the hashtag #bluelivesmatter, which angered some. Aside from saying things like “blue lives do NOT matter,” and “**** blue lives” to this poor grieving girl, “ACAB,” or, All Cops are Bastards, were also found in many users’ responses to her tweet.

Others responded by saying they were glad to know that her dad had finally become a “good” cop, stating that only good law enforcement officers are the dead ones.

Images, videos, and tweet replies came pouring in.

Some users commented to Savannah that this was “not the time” to post on her father’s death.

Savannah was simply mourning the death of her beloved father, the same way many other human beings would do if they were in the same situation.

Instead of respecting that, these commenters made it seem like she had some other choice, as if she should mourn the loss of her father at a later date, when it was more convenient to those protesting against her father’s profession.

Officer Chavez served two and a half years with the McAllen Police department and was 39-years-old when he was shot and killed serving and protecting his community. He was a former economics and chemistry teacher and a loving father.

Here is what the tweet originally said:

“Words cannot describe the pain I’m in, but I’m glad my dad is at peace. You were an amazing man and anyone who ever came across you knew that. I’m going to miss you so much. You died doing what you loved most, you died a hero. I love you daddy. See you soon. #bluelivesmatter”

Officer Chavez and his partner officer Garza were killed while answering a domestic disturbance call Saturday afternoon.

During a press conference, McAllen Police Chief Victor Rodriguez said:

“The officers were shot by a suspect as they approached the door of a home. The officers never had a chance to suspect a deadly assault on them, much less death, at that moment in time.”

He continued:

“These are difficult moments. The officers came here to maintain peace. Instead, they were taken down by gunfire.”

As Savannah, Chavez’s daughter said, her father is a hero. It is disheartening, disturbing, and unimaginable that she received the heartless and soul-less comments that she did. Below are just a few of the horrible things people tweeted in response to her tweet, and some responses to the hurful ignorance.

Savannah’s cousin wrote on Twitter:

“For literally ANYONE that is giving MY cousin sh*t for grieving her FATHER, can literally go to f*cking hell. This man was the most loving and caring person anyone could ever meet! It’s pathetic how people can be so unsympathetic to a girl that is trying to commemorate her father.”

Another person defended Savannah by saying:

“She never said it in response to Black Lives Matter. She said it to honor one man. Her dad. Show some f*cking compassion.”

And again from another person:

“What is wrong with people…sorry for your loss sweetheart. Thank you for your dad’s service, may he rest in peace.”

Due to original tweet being removed, the many other hundreds of comments, even the kind-hearted ones from normal people, can no longer be viewed on Twitter.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.

Image-7-9-20-at-1.29-PM-1.jpg

Here’s Law Enforcement Today’s original report on the officers murdered in McAllen.

Horrific news tonight out of Texas, where two police officers were ambushed and killed.

Police say the two McAllen police officers were shot and killed in the line of duty this afternoon by a man who moments later shot and killed himself.

It happened at around 3:30, when the officers responded to a domestic disturbance call at a home near Queta Avenue and South 35th Street near Los Encinos Park.

Police Chief Victor Rodriguez said that when the officers went to the door of the home, they were immediately gunned down when they tried to enter.

He said that other police officers drove by to check on the situation, saw what had happened, and also saw a man with a gun.

They screamed at him to drop the gun – but he instead turned it on himself.

The McAllen Police Department identified the officers as Edelmiro Garza, who was an 8 1/2 year veteran, and Ismael Chavez, who had been with the department about 2-1/2 years.

They said the killer was 23-year-old Audon Ignacio Caramillo.

“We have lost two brave public servants who sought only to keep peace in our City,” Rodriguez said via text message Saturday, according to The Monitor.

Lt. Christopher Olivarez is the spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety.

He said the officers were shot in that area and were transported to area hospitals – but they did not survive.

DPS sent troopers to the area to secure the scene after the McAllen Police Department asked for assistance, Olivarez said.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...er-attacked-on-twitter-for-her-mourning-post/

Absolutely despicable.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
lol! dumb

What's your theory, Aristotle?

Maybe read before answering:

Four and a half million Americans live in areas of these cities with the highest numbers of gun homicide, which are marked by intense poverty, low levels of education, and racial segregation. Geographically, these neighborhood areas are small: a total of about 1,200 neighborhood census tracts, which, laid side by side, would fit into an area just 42 miles wide by 42 miles long.

The problem they face is devastating. Though these neighborhood areas contain just 1.5% of the country’s population, they saw 26% of America’s total gun homicides. (link to article).

they are powerless to control themselves is the inference there

Interesting inference. The rational mind would draw the inference that extreme poverty generates criminal actions.

Well, there are good unions and there are bad unions. Guess which one is bad, win fabulous prizes.
Public sector unions are a waste of taxpayer dollars. There are to many dollars dolled out for expenses that are not for public work.
The local NBC affiliate in Houston questioned the Houston Police Officers' Union chief about qualified immunity. According to the affiliate and the union , the chief is answering questions on "MBA Union Business Leave" time which is funded by tax dollars. These hidden wastes are prevalent in union agreements

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT