ADVERTISEMENT

Go be a cop

What if it's the percentage of white gene that's making them act like criminals?

Mind blowing, right?

I know guys who are 75% + white, who are identified as African American. If they commit a crime are they white or black?

I know a guy who is 6% African. Does that taint him enough in your eyes to qualify as black or does he need more?

lol .......
"Color" is one of the few aspects of your identity you don't get to pick. It's assigned to you by society. Society decides who is black and who is white. For the most part, society has also oppressed the people it decides are black in various ways over the decades. It probably shouldn't be a surprise that people thus identified suffer higher incidences of criminal behavior, poor health outcomes, subpar education, etc.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Don’t hate Carmel at all. What makes you think that?
They like to create false narratives by projecting what they feel is the opposite of them onto you. It's why they can't get over racism because they're scared that if everyone is equal that doesn't mean POC will be treated fairly, it means they will be treated just like they have treated "those people" .What he is really saying is he is afraid of you and anyone not like him so he projects a quality onto you so he can more easily ignore what you say. .

Edited.

Last edited:
They like to create false narratives by projecting what they feel is the opposite of them onto you. It's why they can't get over racism because they're scared that if everyone is equal that doesn't mean POC will be treated fairly, it means they will be treated just like they have treated "those people" .What he is really saying is he is afraid of you and anyone not like him so he projects a quality onto you so he can easier ignore what you say. .
*more easily

They like to create false narratives by projecting what they feel is the opposite of them onto you. It's why they can't get over racism because they're scared that if everyone is equal that doesn't mean POC will be treated fairly, it means they will be treated just like they have treated "those people" .What he is really saying is he is afraid of you and anyone not like him so he projects a quality onto you so he can more easily ignore what you say. .

Edited.

Yep, it will look something like this-
lol - He has a fetish for big black guns ..

You can figure it out from there.

Pretty sad....

Yep, it will look something like this-

Pretty sad....
giphy.gif

Edited.

Here are some other thoughts iust for you... applied in a context far less offensive to the late great Bowie and the Children that he spoke of.

So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy01
"Color" is one of the few aspects of your identity you don't get to pick. It's assigned to you by society. Society decides who is black and who is white. For the most part, society has also oppressed the people it decides are black in various ways over the decades. It probably shouldn't be a surprise that people thus identified suffer higher incidences of criminal behavior, poor health outcomes, subpar education, etc.

I don't really buy that. It is an excuse. If it were true, you would expect the crime rate, health outcomes, education outcomes, etc. to have been increasing across the board for African Americans. (No matter how bad you may believe the racial inequity is now, you cannot argue it is worse than it was in the early 20th century.)

70% of black children are born to unwed mothers. That one statistic goes further towards the reasoning behind the problems in some sectors of that community than any other. And don't give me that it is a result of racism. It was 25% in the 40's and 50's and there were parts of the country that were so racist then, they couldn't even use the same drinking fountain as whites.

I believe the point that mcmurtry was making above is that racism and white people are not completely to blame for everything. You could take all of that stuff away and the 70% statistic would still have them lagging behind every other racial demographic. We know this because no matter race, people being raised in that type of environment are more prone to poverty, crime, and poor health.

Be careful, you’re going to get blocked meany.
All this “virtue signaling” and “woke” culture prevents honest conversations. It's great that they have created exposure to the issues through it, but they're so paralyzed in their PC thoughts and language it’s completely impossible to find resolutions. It’s this childish I’m good you're bad viewing society in an alternate reality.

What appears to be true, historically, is greater police presence and cameras not less, education, social services to help keep mom and dad involved, mental health/addiction treatment, education enhancement and job opportunities to reduce crime in high crime areas.

But if we can’t look at police dept crime stats by race because we want to have a discussion about “color” and if maybe that black person is 5 percent white and this is racist, well again we can’t see the forest for the trees and these same communities will likely continue on the same path of destruction. 56 people were shot this weekend in Chicago. A toddler, teens, dead.

Last edited:
You surely know Zeke has make believe friends for every occasion and every corner of the world.
Stoll jealous that he has no friends . Feel free to follow me on social media and you can watch as I travel to visit all my make believe friends . You sound a little jealous here, but honestly I don’t blame you. It is pretty great to have a diverse group of friends from all over, of all ages, genders, races. It’s fun to get out of your little bubble. But I’m the one who lives in a make believe world? You guys are funny.

Stoll jealous that he has no friends . Feel free to follow me on social media and you can watch as I travel to visit all my make believe friends . You sound a little jealous here, but honestly I don’t blame you. It is pretty great to have a diverse group of friends from all over, of all ages, genders, races. It’s fun to get out of your little bubble. But I’m the one who lives in a make believe world? You guys are funny.

do you have friends of diverse political view points

Reactions: 76-1
I don't really buy that. It is an excuse. If it were true, you would expect the crime rate, health outcomes, education outcomes, etc. to have been increasing across the board for African Americans. (No matter how bad you may believe the racial inequity is now, you cannot argue it is worse than it was in the early 20th century.)

70% of black children are born to unwed mothers. That one statistic goes further towards the reasoning behind the problems in some sectors of that community than any other. And don't give me that it is a result of racism. It was 25% in the 40's and 50's and there were parts of the country that were so racist then, they couldn't even use the same drinking fountain as whites.

I believe the point that mcmurtry was making above is that racism and white people are not completely to blame for everything. You could take all of that stuff away and the 70% statistic would still have them lagging behind every other racial demographic. We know this because no matter race, people being raised in that type of environment are more prone to poverty, crime, and poor health.
Oppression has effects that last generations.

Oppression has effects that last generations.

No argument. But how is it that those who were more oppressed (talking about those who came of age in the 40's, 50's, and 60's) had better outcomes?

I do not want to negate struggles that community has faced, but it does beg the question as to what happened. I know you all are not a fan of Candace Owens but she was on a panel with T.I. and Killer Mike (among others) and she touched on some questions that are relevant IMO.

If you take out all racism, there are behaviors that many in the black community engage in that would still leave them struggling. How do we know this? Because we have white people that engage in those behaviors who also struggle. There are certain choices in life that will put you behind the eight ball. I would argue that those choices are far more impactful now than your skin color. Racism related to skin color can exacerbate the impact of those choices, but the choices themselves are a far greater predictor of success or failure.

Reactions: 76-1 and stollcpa
No argument. But how is it that those who were more oppressed (talking about those who came of age in the 40's, 50's, and 60's) had better outcomes?

I do not want to negate struggles that community has faced, but it does beg the question as to what happened. I know you all are not a fan of Candace Owens but she was on a panel with T.I. and Killer Mike (among others) and she touched on some questions that are relevant IMO.

If you take out all racism, there are behaviors that many in the black community engage in that would still leave them struggling. How do we know this? Because we have white people that engage in those behaviors who also struggle. There are certain choices in life that will put you behind the eight ball. I would argue that those choices are far more impactful now than your skin color. Racism related to skin color can exacerbate the impact of those choices, but the choices themselves are a far greater predictor of success or failure.

Is it "racist" to point out that close to 80% of the murders in Indianapolis over the past 6 months were black on black? (that percentage may have gone up after last night)

Seems like BLM ought to focus their efforts where it might really make a difference...

Wait for it... Will they call me a racist and a nazi or just a privileged white because I've asked such a non-PC question?

Is it "racist" to point out that close to 80% of the murders in Indianapolis over the past 6 months were black on black? (that percentage may have gone up after last night)

Seems like BLM ought to focus their efforts where it might really make a difference...

Wait for it... Will they call me a racist and a nazi or just a privileged white because I've asked such a non-PC question?

Do you think that people who participate in BLM don't also attempt to address those issues? I know I do. I know many other people very involved in that fight. People are able to hold multiple thoughts in their heads at the same time and fight against both. Are you involved in it? Your pose suggests that it's someone else's problem. I'd humbly suggest it's not.

I'd also like to think that you are intelligent enough to understand the difference between other citizens killing someone and the government established to serve and protect citizens killing them. I know you are, 76.

Reactions: brianiu
Do you think that people who participate in BLM don't also attempt to address those issues? I know I do. I know many other people very involved in that fight. People are able to hold multiple thoughts in their heads at the same time and fight against both. Are you involved in it? Your pose suggests that it's someone else's problem. I'd humbly suggest it's not.

I'd also like to think that you are intelligent enough to understand the difference between other citizens killing someone and the government established to serve and protect citizens killing them. I know you are, 76.
I don't think they do. I think they're social media warriors who like making themselves feel good with virtue signalling and instagram posts shaded black and shouting BLM and that you're a racist if you point to horrific crime stats. i think they're full of it. i think you can count on one hand the amount of minutes these "woke" people have spent on the front lines actually getting their hands dirty.

but i could be wrong. i still have friends at a number of agencies in these communities. i'm going to find out - i trust it more than twitter or cutting and pasting "reports." i'm curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa and 76-1

I don't know if I agree that they had better outcomes, but if they did, then the point you already agreed to covers why. If effects last generations, you can't simply expect a 1:1 correlation between outcomes and contemporary oppression.

I think they can walk and chew gum at the same time. I see the point of addressing systemic issues against them. I just think that when they get through that, they are going to find those other issues lingering behind it.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think they can walk and chew gum at the same time. I see the point of addressing systemic issues against them. I just think that when they get through that, they are going to find those other issues lingering behind it.

No one is ever going to get to the lingering issues. It’s much easier to blame someone else for everything.

It’s much easier to blame someone else for everything.

You do speak from a position of expertise here, so we should all stop and listen. Would you please expand upon your extensive personal experience with blaming someone else for everything? ;)

You do speak from a position of expertise here, so we should all stop and listen. Would you please expand upon your extensive personal experience with blaming someone else for everything? ;)

So far I don’t know anyone that’s been upset at someone else that rioted and looted to make things right.

Reactions: Lucy01
So far I don’t know anyone that’s been upset at someone else that rioted and looted to make things right.

The looters and arsonists who use protesters (who are exercising their First Amendment rights) as a cover for their crimes aren't making anything right.

Just making life miserable for both law enforcement and protesters with a legitimate cause.

The looters and arsonists who use protesters (who are exercising their First Amendment rights) as a cover for their crimes aren't making anything right.

Just making life miserable for both law enforcement and protesters with a legitimate cause.

You’re correct. So how about the Democrats get on board with stopping the rioting and looting and we can all agree the protesters have a right to protest? Wouldn’t be hard for the protesters to abandon the march when riots start.

Reactions: Lucy01 and 76-1
You’re correct. So how about the Democrats get on board with stopping the rioting and looting and we can all agree the protesters have a right to protest? Wouldn’t be hard for the protesters to abandon the march when riots start.
What do the Democrats need to get on board with? We all agree rioting and looting sucks. The only Democrats who don't want it to stop are the imaginary ones that live in your head.

Here in Indy, for example. the looting and arson occurred away from the exact area where most of the protesters had gathered.

One of the problems in discussing protests in the 147 cities is treating the violence and participants along with what actually happened as being the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosboot
What do the Democrats need to get on board with? We all agree rioting and looting sucks. The only Democrats who don't want it to stop are the imaginary ones that live in your head.

I don’t see National Democrats or their media condemning what’s going on in the streets.

Here in Indy, for example. the looting and arson occurred away from the exact area where most of the protesters had gathered.

One of the problems in discussing protests in the 147 cities is treating the violence and participants along with what actually happened as being the same.

It’s nearly impossible to see the difference on TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT