ADVERTISEMENT

Gi'Bran Payne

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
I show Wiltfong and Weaver moved the 247 Crystal Ball predictions to IU last night for 4 star RB out of OH, Gi'Bran Payne. Every time that happens we see a commitment soon thereafter so one would surmise we are about to land another 4 star.

He has offers to Florida, Alabama, Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennesse, Iowa....and many more. This would be a great get!

Gi'Bran Payne

I show Wiltfong and Weaver moved the 247 Crystal Ball predictions to IU last night for 4 star RB out of OH, Gi'Bran Payne. Every time that happens we see a commitment soon thereafter so one would surmise we are about to land another 4 star.

He has offers to Florida, Alabama, Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennesse, Iowa....and many more. This would be a great get!

Gi'Bran Payne
Would move us to 18th in the composite rankings.

Gi'Bran Payne
Should be committing sometime today

Would move us to 18th in the composite rankings.
I would be curious where ESPN places us as they show us with five 4-star players already and ranked #19.

Either way, I think it would essentially guarantee us a top 25 class if not top 20, regardless. There are teams ahead of us with one or no 4-stars and just a large volume of commits. As we grab a few additional players those teams will eventually fall behind us but I could see some of the big boys adding players (teams like Clemson, A&M, USC) and they eventually surpass us. But it's amazing what coach has pulled off.

I would be curious where ESPN places us as they show us with five 4-star players already and ranked #19.

Either way, I think it would essentially guarantee us a top 25 class if not top 20, regardless. There are teams ahead of us with one or no 4-stars and just a large volume of commits. As we grab a few additional players those teams will eventually fall behind us but I could see some of the big boys adding players (teams like Clemson, A&M, USC) and they eventually surpass us. But it's amazing what coach has pulled off.
If everyone signs, it's basically a lock for a top 30 class. Probably closer to top 20. A couple more big gets could push closer to 15. The overall class rankings mean less & less with the rise of the transfer portal though.

5 years ago, the big boys could pull in full classes of 25 each year because of attrition. Teams like IU would have their big classes & their small classes and have years with 17 recruits that just didn't have the numbers to make it in the overall rankings.

As it is today, a coach would be silly to sign 25 HS freshmen when he can get 20ish and see what comes via the portal. I don't love it & prefer recruiting/developing kids vs a ton of re-boots, but it's the world we live in now.

If everyone signs, it's basically a lock for a top 30 class. Probably closer to top 20. A couple more big gets could push closer to 15. The overall class rankings mean less & less with the rise of the transfer portal though.

5 years ago, the big boys could pull in full classes of 25 each year because of attrition. Teams like IU would have their big classes & their small classes and have years with 17 recruits that just didn't have the numbers to make it in the overall rankings.

As it is today, a coach would be silly to sign 25 HS freshmen when he can get 20ish and see what comes via the portal. I don't love it & prefer recruiting/developing kids vs a ton of re-boots, but it's the world we live in now.
Or who you can get to stay an extra year. We got a lot of srs Id like to see return.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
People were saying if Strickland committed it would take us to #12. Why is this 4-star only moving us to 18?
Recruits have committed to other schools changing their score so Payne committing does not have the same impact as it earlier would have.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT