ADVERTISEMENT

Get vaccinated, win fabulous prizes.

Ha ha 2:16 is me at a Trump rally if we blow the chance to snuff covid out so it mutates, causing the the vaccines to be worthless and putting us back to square one.

The crowd will be like 'hey here's t-crack to have a open discussion'.

Nope. Lol

PS - If you like superhero stories and you've ever wondered if there were people who had absolute power, would they really use it for good? I highly recommend 'The Boys'. It asks those questions while also pondering how superheros would be branded in today's world.

You keep on with trump supporters and blowing the chance. 7 Percent of the the 9 mil vax in fla are black. Do you think they’re trump supporters? Biden sure was amped to get them out to vote why aren’t they getting vaccinated? Where’s the concerted effort with the Dems? 7 percent of the most vulnerable pop eating up hospital beds in the third most populated state. Trump was all for the vax. Warp speed. But he ain’t prez now. This is biden’s charge now and a big portion of his constituency with black America. Is his messaging just not working with that population. I thought this is why we got Harris? Why isn’t this working to get that population vaccinated so we can get to herd immunity?

Why isn’t Biden’s messaging better? Or working? This sucks. He’s the unifier damnit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
You keep on with trump supporters and blowing the chance. 7 Percent of the the 9 mil vax in fla are black. Do you think they’re trump supporters? Biden sure was amped to get them out to vote why aren’t they getting vaccinated? Where’s the concerted effort with the Dems? 7 percent of the most vulnerable pop eating up hospital beds in the third most populated state. Trump was all for the vax. Warp speed. But he ain’t prez now. This is biden’s charge now and a big portion of his constituency with black America. Is his messaging just not working with that population. I thought this is why we got Harris? Why isn’t this working to get that population vaccinated so we can get to herd immunity?

Why isn’t Biden’s messaging better? Or working? This sucks. He’s the unifier damnit.

Two reasons, because in my small circle almost everyone of my right wing Trump loving friends aren't getting the Vax because of right wing propaganda. Just the other day I had to listen to my friend's wife tell me that women are becoming sterilized just for being next to a person that's vaccinated.

It makes me groan.

Secondly African americans make up ~13% of the country and they've been f#$ked many times over and tend to have a distrust of everything in regards to government and policing. So I don't believe they are listening to right wing nonsense and that's making their decision.

So I'm a little more forgiving.

We are currently around 36% vaccinated and I'm willing to bet it won't get too much higher, maybe high 50's because of MAGA.

Two reasons, because in my small circle almost everyone of my right wing Trump loving friends aren't getting the Vax because of right wing propaganda. Just the other day I had to listen to my friend's wife tell me that women are becoming sterilized just for being next to a person that's vaccinated.

It makes me groan.

Secondly African americans make up ~13% of the country and they've been f#$ked many times over and tend to have a distrust of everything in regards to government and policing. So I don't believe they are listening to right wing nonsense and that's making their decision.

So I'm a little more forgiving.

We are currently around 36% vaccinated and I'm willing to bet it won't get too much higher, maybe high 50's because of MAGA.
“because of maga” is your selective partisan anger. Yes blacks make up 13 percent of the population yet they commit 50 percent of the violent crime. They get vaccinated at fewer rates but but but white supremacists and maga. It’s illogical bias fueled by animus. We’re at 36 percent. My guess is our vax rate for Covid won’t be a lot better than flu shots, which have been around long before “maga.” Hell an nbc poll said over 25 percent of gen z won’t get vax. Little campaigns on tik tok or Instagram.

Maga attacks are justified along with blacks,youths, and many others. Some of maga are impoverished appalachians whose plight isn’t materially difft from economically challenged blacks. Having tunnel vision for one group just continues to divide us.

Finally allowing blacks a pass to distrust gov etc but not others is insulting to blacks. It’s in keeping with the condescension of democratic policies and black america. And I know YOU don’t mean that Tommy but to me that’s how Dems treatments of blacks comes across

Last edited:
“because of maga” is your selective partisan anger. Yes blacks make up 13 percent of the population yet they commit 50 percent of the violent crime. They get vaccinated at fewer rates but but but white supremacists and maga. It’s illogical bias fueled by animus. We’re at 36 percent. My guess is our vax rate for Covid won’t be a lot better than flu shots, which have been around long before “maga.” Hell an nbc poll said over 25 percent of gen z won’t get vax. Little campaigns on tik tok or Instagram.

Maga attacks are justified along with blacks,youths, and many others. Some of maga are impoverished appalachians whose plight isn’t materially difft from economically challenged blacks. Having tunnel vision for one group just continues to divide us.

Finally allowing blacks a pass to distrust gov etc but not others is insulting to blacks. It’s in keeping with the condescension of democratic policies and black america. And I know YOU don’t mean that Tommy but to me that’s how Dems treatments of blacks comes across

I guess if it was possible I'd love to sit down all the groups that aren't getting vaxxed and ask why, I believe I would see a couple of things.

1. The largest group, by far, would be MAGA. Admittedly that's just a guess.

2. When asked for reasons I'm sure there will some people who have had really bad experiences with vaccines or have always and will always be distrustful of govt (which is a different but big issue for more than just getting the vaccine)...but again I'm guessing that the widest swath isn't getting it because of right wing propaganda.

Admittingly I'm exhausted even having the discussion. Feels like I've had it multiple times a week for the past year and I've been the least influencial speaker in the history of the world because I haven't changed anyone's behavior. We just keep arguing.

I can't even get my gf's dad to take any precautions because he believes covid is a liberal hoax designed to take down Trump. There is no way in HELL will he let our liberal govt inject anything into him!!!

So yeah, fairly or unfairly I believe MAGA is the biggest reason why our Vax numbers are going to come up short.

After arguing all year, IF we end up where we started....then I'm going to be super pissed (for whatever that is worth. Lol).

Most pandemics last 1.5 - 2 years so hopefully we are arriving together regardless of how we got there.

Fauci says around 60% of his people are vaccinated. Marks says FDA is similar and Walensky weasles his way out of answering. I assume that means they're at 60% at most. LOL

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Fauci says around 60% of his people are vaccinated. Marks says FDA is similar and Walensky weasles his way out of answering. LOL

Fauci says around 60% of his people are vaccinated. Marks says FDA is similar and Walensky weasles his way out of answering. LOL
I guess if it was possible I'd love to sit down all the groups that aren't getting vaxxed and ask why, I believe I would see a couple of things.

1. The largest group, by far, would be MAGA. Admittedly that's just a guess.

2. When asked for reasons I'm sure there will some people who have had really bad experiences with vaccines or have always and will always be distrustful of govt (which is a different but big issue for more than just getting the vaccine)...but again I'm guessing that the widest swath isn't getting it because of right wing propaganda.

Admittingly I'm exhausted even having the discussion. Feels like I've had it multiple times a week for the past year and I've been the least influencial speaker in the history of the world because I haven't changed anyone's behavior. We just keep arguing.

I can't even get my gf's dad to take any precautions because he believes covid is a liberal hoax designed to take down Trump. There is no way in HELL will he let our liberal govt inject anything into him!!!

So yeah, fairly or unfairly I believe MAGA is the biggest reason why our Vax numbers are going to come up short.

After arguing all year, IF we end up where we started....then I'm going to be super pissed (for whatever that is worth. Lol).

Most pandemics last 1.5 - 2 years so hopefully we are arriving together regardless of how we got there.

MAGA employees. Literally every single one of them. All 40 percent in federal gov health - maga. Those large fed health agencies are apparently a breeding ground for maga

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
You’re not taking timeline into account. Some may be waiting to see what pops up to eliminate very valid concerns.
The latest figures I could find.

"Since COVID-19 vaccine distribution began in the United States on Dec. 14, more than 270 million doses have been administered, fully vaccinating over 121 million people or 36.7% of the total U.S. population."

Has not gone through full approval process, that is a fact.
You said a "normal" approval process, not a "full" approval process. Emergency use authorizations have been a normal part of the approval process, always. It is indeed NORMAL in this situation. It is a tentative "conditional approval" when the medical situation warrants it.

Last edited:
Apparently my firm is afraid I will win Ohio's Vax-a-Million lottery and decide to retire. I tried to register this morning but our IT security blocked me from entering. :(

They're tyrants. Our desktop boxes don't have Bluetooth (no wireless headsets). I think it emits toxic gas if I even think about putting a thumb drive into the USB slot.

If Lucy level idiocy is the reason why we don't kill this thing and allow it to mutate to the point that it renders the current vaccines worthless, which cause even more needless death and suffering then sincerely, eat a huge pile of Trump's shit (which you can probably buy online since he hawks everything under the sun), f off and die immediately after.

You are no doubt a really high quality person.

Presidents aren't responsible for gas prices, trump did have war in middle east, and he wasted money on a wall that did squat.

Next

So when there is a brain dead lib in office President's aren't responsible for anything? Gotcha, explains a lot.

weird - law firm found an angle for a quick buck i guess

What's weird about that?

It is interesting to see the reasoning for this. For example, most universities require many vaccines such as meningitis. What makes this one different? Maybe the emergency use, but I suspect that once the FDA clears it this lawsuits will continue. Is the logical conclusion that schools will lose the ability to require other vaccines too?

What's weird about that?
What’s weird - I might be reading it wrong - but the firm is taking in money - those cases are usually contingent. Then you have a Texas based group supporting/funding legal action (plaintiffs) through this NY law firm. I could be missing info and it’s a yahoo article so go figure but to me it sounds like champerty. And I know champerty is dead in most states but using it in a circumstance like this seems untoward to me. And I might not have read any of this closely enough. It’s one thing to get an advance from legal funding until your case settles but this feels different

Last edited:
It is interesting to see the reasoning for this. For example, most universities require many vaccines such as meningitis. What makes this one different? Maybe the emergency use, but I suspect that once the FDA clears it this lawsuits will continue. Is the logical conclusion that schools will lose the ability to require other vaccines too?
It feels concocted. Some vaccines we accept. Some we don’t. Ugh.

Last edited:
Great point Marvin. As a parent, I’m not cool with the anti vaxxer kids being able to attend school.

Great point Marvin. As a parent, I’m not cool with the anti vaxxer kids being able to attend school.
State rep Lucas (R-Seymour) was one complaining about IU requiring COVID vaccines. WXIN just played a clip where their reporter asked him about other vaccine requirements and he said he thinks all of them should be reviewed.

Reactions: Cortez88
State rep Lucas (R-Seymour) was one complaining about IU requiring COVID vaccines. WXIN just played a clip where their reporter asked him about other vaccine requirements and he said he thinks all of them should be reviewed.

Peggy Mayfield is another.

We have access to a miracle drug that can help us all get back to normal and we have to offer prizes for people to take it. Sigh. We are a stupid lot.
In America you are free to do a lot of things. Just because you are free to do something idiotic doesn't mean you should do it. For the vast majority there is zero reason to not get vaccinated. Refusing vaccination is dumb & dangerous.

In America you are free to do a lot of things. Just because you are free to do something idiotic doesn't mean you should do it. For the vast majority there is zero reason to not get vaccinated. Refusing vaccination is dumb & dangerous.
The notion of freedom in this country has gotten so distorted. It’s now a childish call to do what you want, when you want, and how you want.

The notion of freedom in this country has gotten so distorted. It’s now a childish call to do what you want, when you want, and how you want.
We should all have the freedom to make the decision to get vaccinated or not.
The problem is that it should be an easy decision for vast majority.
Get vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT