ADVERTISEMENT

Get vaccinated, win fabulous prizes.

Yeah at first when my right wing friends were freaking out about potential forced vaccinations I was like, personally I don't care because the Vax is the first thing we have that protects the individual from the behavior around them.

So it fell into the motorcycle helmets, seat belts concern for me personally.

Then in these discussions it's been brought up that there are people who it doesn't work for (like Marv said) so we need to be a good neighbor.

Secondly I've been told that this thing will linger and mutate if we let it which means there's a chance we'll be right back where we started.

That will really piss me off if we don't kill it because of MAGA bullshit.

Like wish for death for MAGA's dark thoughts if we have to do this again because of them.
Of 9 mil vaccinated in fla 7 percent are blacks. It’s not all MAGA

You’re not taking timeline into account. Some may be waiting to see what pops up to eliminate very valid concerns.
Okay., that's not crazy. But their choice should not be free. Maybe not zero coverage, but unvaccinated people who get hospitalized ought to be on the hook for the costs of their choice

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Okay., that's not crazy. But there choice should not be free. Maybe not zero coverage, but unvaccinated people who get hospitalized ought to be on the hook for the costs of their choice

Agreed.

What is in the vaccine has been around for years. Not sure what people would be waiting to discover.

Same here, but I also have a photo of it on my phone.
That's an easy and great idea. Jeeze.

I've always had the big ass, two fold wallets (I hate sitting on a deck of cards like three fold wallet) so my card fits but yeah, whoever designed it didn't think it through if they wanted us to carry it around.

Needs to be licensed sized obviously.

Of 9 mil vaccinated in fla 7 percent are blacks. It’s not all MAGA

I get that and of course a lot has to happen to get us back to square one if this thing mutates.

If that happens and it's considered likely from MAGA, I'm going to move from being annoyed to legitimately angry. Ending long friendships level of anger.

I doubt that comes to pass though. My bet is those that are vaxxed will be fine, those that aren't will dominate the cases and it will work itself through like most pandemics do.

Yeah at first when my right wing friends were freaking out about potential forced vaccinations I was like, personally I don't care because the Vax is the first thing we have that protects the individual from the behavior around them.

Then in these discussions it's been brought up that there are people who it doesn't work for (like Marv said) so we need to be a good neighbor.

Secondly I've been told that this thing will linger and mutate if we let it which means there's a chance we'll be right back where we started.

Like wish for death for MAGA's dark thoughts if we have to do this again because of them.
GFY

Reactions: Crayfish57
If Lucy level idiocy is the reason why we don't kill this thing and allow it to mutate to the point that it renders the current vaccines worthless, which cause even more needless death and suffering then sincerely, eat a huge pile of Trump's shit (which you can probably buy online since he hawks everything under the sun), f off and die immediately after.

Upon getting my second shot, I discussed rewarding myself by going to a nearby bar . Hearing my diatribe, one of the clinic technicians strongly suggested that i go straight home.

Now it turns out, I should have waited to get my second vaccination, Heck, I might be rewarded with drinks on the house at the saloon. Kinda feel the technician would still advise against it. Being the aging party animal which I am, this is probably good advice under any circumstances.
Got my second one this morning. Took a nap at lunch. Now I'm about to go hoist a few in order to keep my arm moving and reduce the soreness.

Cheers!

If Lucy level idiocy is the reason why we don't kill this thing and allow it to mutate to the point that it renders the current vaccines worthless, which cause even more needless death and suffering then sincerely, eat a huge pile of Trump's shit (which you can probably buy online since he hawks everything under the sun), f off and die immediately after.
I don’t need Trump’s shit because I have 10 bottles of his fine wine 🍷

Okay., that's not crazy. But their choice should not be free. Maybe not zero coverage, but unvaccinated people who get hospitalized ought to be on the hook for the costs of their choice
Do people who smoke, eat too much bacon, candy, etc. forfeit theirs as well?

Agreed.

What is in the vaccine has been around for years. Not sure what people would be waiting to discover.
An mRNA vaccine has never been approved for use. I’m sure you’ve thought it all through & haven’t identified any concerns. Given your displays of genius here that ought to do for everyone.🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
An mRNA vaccine has never been approved for use. I’m sure you’ve thought it all through & haven’t identified any concerns. Given your displays of genius here that ought to do for everyone.🙄🙄🙄

Coming from you, that means nothing since brain dead people can't really decipher intelligence in others.

I don’t need Trump’s shit because I have 10 bottles of his fine wine 🍷
Damn Lucy, i was thinking you were a Moonshine type of host.

Have a friend who has a "Shine" connection who recently gave me what she considers Prime Shine. I told her it tasted like Absorbine Junior, and she took it as a compliment. Gotta love her.

Monroe County is lifting all mask requirements and capacity restrictions as of Monday.

Do people who smoke, eat too much bacon, candy, etc. forfeit theirs as well?
The ACA does allow insurance companies to charge different (higher) premiums for smokers. I have no problem with insurance premiums/copays varying based on lifestyle choices that can be shown to affect risk. Not getting vaccinated for a high-risk disease is a pretty black and white issue in that regard.

The ACA does allow insurance companies to charge different (higher) premiums for smokers. I have no problem with insurance premiums/copays varying based on lifestyle choices that can be shown to affect risk. Not getting vaccinated for a high-risk disease is a pretty black and white issue in that regard.
Black and white, you always bring Race up in your posts.

Yea ok trump sheep
Trump didn’t have run away gas prices and inflation or a war in the Middle East! Not to mention the border. We won’t mention taxes because you don’t make enough flipping burgers to pay taxes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Trump didn’t have run away gas prices and inflation or a war in the Middle East! Not to mention the border.

Presidents aren't responsible for gas prices, trump did have war in middle east, and he wasted money on a wall that did squat.

Next

Presidents aren't responsible for gas prices, trump did have war in middle east, and he wasted money on a wall that did squat.

Next
And let’s not forget warp speed that develop the vaccine before the stutter bug got into office.

Reactions: Crayfish57
And let’s not forget warp speed that develop the vaccine before the stutter bug got into office.

Stutter bug got warp speed actually moving past a snails pace.

The vaccines were developed at warp speed in part due to actions taken under the Trump Administration, so credit where due. It appears they punted on actually getting it into peoples' arms, leaving that up to the states and providing little guidance or assistance.

The vaccines were developed at warp speed in part due to actions taken under the Trump Administration, so credit where due. It appears they punted on actually getting it into peoples' arms, leaving that up to the states and providing little guidance or assistance.

True. I was thinking more of shots in arms

I think the lyrics to this old Smoking Popes song say it all:

Reactions: TommyCracker
I think the lyrics to this old Smoking Popes song say it all:

Ha ha 2:16 is me at a Trump rally if we blow the chance to snuff covid out so it mutates, causing the the vaccines to be worthless and putting us back to square one.

The crowd will be like 'hey here's t-crack to have a open discussion'.

Nope. Lol

PS - If you like superhero stories and you've ever wondered if there were people who had absolute power, would they really use it for good? I highly recommend 'The Boys'. It asks those questions while also pondering how superheros would be branded in today's world.

Reactions: DrHoops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT