ADVERTISEMENT

Get vaccinated, win fabulous prizes.

Univee2

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2002
Well, Gov. DeWine (OH), you've jumped the shark.

To "encourage" vaccinations, DeWine announced that the state of Ohio will, for five consecutive Wednesdays, draw a name from those who have been vaccinated and are in the state's voter database. One of those five will then win $1,000,000. The money is to come "from existing corona virus relief funds."

There will also be a corresponding lottery for students, with the winner to get a four-year scholarship.

Meanwhile, DeWine announced that all mandates, except for those impacting nursing homes and assisted living facilities, will be lifted on 2 June. Businesses and others can determine on their own if they wish to maintain mask mandates, for example.

So, now, in another classic misuse of public funds, we're bribing people to do what should be a no-brainer. Let's also cancel student debt and forgive all installment loan and mortgage loan debt. Let's also give twenty-dollar bills to those cyclists who believe stop signs do not apply to them.

Cleveland Clinic is reporting that 99% of patients hospitalized since January weren't fully vaccinated. If that isn't enough incentive, then let the insurers exclude coverage for unvaccinated COVID patients.

To "encourage" vaccinations, DeWine announced that the state of Ohio will, for five consecutive Wednesdays, draw a name from those who have been vaccinated and are in the state's voter database. One of those five will then win $1,000,000. The money is to come "from existing corona virus relief funds."

There will also be a corresponding lottery for students, with the winner to get a four-year scholarship.

Meanwhile, DeWine announced that all mandates, except for those impacting nursing homes and assisted living facilities, will be lifted on 2 June. Businesses and others can determine on their own if they wish to maintain mask mandates, for example.

So, now, in another classic misuse of public funds, we're bribing people to do what should be a no-brainer. Let's also cancel student debt and forgive all installment loan and mortgage loan debt. Let's also give twenty-dollar bills to those cyclists who believe stop signs do not apply to them.

Isn't this just capitalism? If they think that the additional vaccinations will bring economic benefit of more than a million dollars to the state then this is an entirely rational decision.

Cleveland Clinic is reporting that 99% of patients hospitalized since January weren't fully vaccinated. If that isn't enough incentive, then let the insurers exclude coverage for unvaccinated COVID patients.

This to me is the winning ticket.

Don't want to get vaxxed even though it's available and free? Fine but if you get a bad case of rona your insurance isn't on the hook and could cost you $50k.

It's over (except for the unvaccinated)!

CDC says fully vaccinated can go without masks or physical distancing in most cases, even when they are indoors or in large groups.

Think I'll buy some baseball tickets this afternoon!

Reactions: outside shooter
That's a good idea but discrimination would immediately come up.
Here is another article supporting getting vaccinated.

The vaccine is laced with the same mind control drug the anti gun government uses on the mass shooters. To get them to shoot people so they can take our guns.

Meanwhile in Arizona where everything completely bonkers:

YES! Encouraging people to get vaccinated is JUST like communist CHINA! If true, maybe we can learn something from Communist China?

You get the behavior that you reward. That means that you're going to get a bunch of people waiting around to get paid before they go get the booster this fall.

I am thrilled Ohio is thinking up new ideas. We love business because business can be agile and creative. This may not work, but I am thrilled they are trying to be creative to solve a problem .

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Good point. You'd think people would just be amped up for the free, easy road to not dying.

I get vaccination anxiety. I really do.

But we're getting to a point in time that the fears of side effects are becoming nil.

Now people will argue about long term side effects, and shooter can correct me if I'm wrong, with the amount of attention these vaccines are getting and with multi million human lab rats, the unknown dangers are exponentially shrinking.

On the flip side, we are seeing tremendous results among the vaccinated.

So, yeah, if you really want to get back to normal than please help stamp this f#$ker into oblivion.

Heard through the grapevine a couple weeks ago that the owner of my previous place of employment has had enough of the whining about masks. Evidently they still have a number of people who haven't gotten the jab, and at least one key employee tested positive and was out for ten days. His response was that he would require everyone to wear masks until they had 100% vaccination among the staff, or when the CDC said it was cool for unvaccinated people to not wear masks while indoors and working in close quarters. Dunno what kind of response he got, but I thought it was a brilliant strategy. He can't force people to get the jab, but he can force them to wear masks until all the guidance is lifted. Puts it back on them.

Reactions: DrHoops

Did you see where 8 members of the Yankee organization have tested positive even though they've been vaccinated. Torres is the only player and he had been vaccinated and had COVID the last offseason.

Reactions: vesuvius13
The vaccine is laced with the same mind control drug the anti gun government uses on the mass shooters. To get them to shoot people so they can take our guns.
Don't forget the microchip that is in it. :)

Did you see where 8 members of the Yankee organization have tested positive even though they've been vaccinated. Torres is the only player and he had been vaccinated and had COVID the last offseason.

Very interesting and concerning. I guess the good news is that the vaccination worked as it is supposed to (maybe?) because they were asymptomatic and none became life threatening. It is also a lesson in why we need to remain vigilant in fighting this virus because who knows how many people these 8 infected.

100 people exposed, depending on the vaccine, 6 (Moderna/Pfizer-26 (J&J) will become infected. The idea is to minimize the seriousness.

That is weird, though. Good find!

Reactions: vesuvius13 and NPT
There is no known reason, not one that makes any scientific sense at all, that the mRNA vaccines have any dangerous side effect. The J & J is also near zero on the risk assessment scale.

Reactions: largemouth
We have access to a miracle drug that can help us all get back to normal and we have to offer prizes for people to take it. Sigh. We are a stupid lot.
We have an alleged miracle drug sold to us by companies in an industry that has a track record of fvkkingg anyone they can over for a buck. Not to mention that they were able to get it out there without undergoing normal approval process using methods & technology that’s never proven to work. Throw in some bad press about people having problems with it, blood clots, etc. That doesn’t even take into account the concerns about personal liberties.

I got my second dose 3 weeks ago, but those of you that are incredulous that not everyone is buying in that the vaccine is a no brainer are no brainers.

OK let’s hear it. What are the falsehoods? Again, I have been vaccinated & advocate it, but those of you that are incapable of seeing why some are not so keen are your own brand of stupid too...
alleged miracle drug. Nope.
without undergoing normal approval process. Nope.
methods & technology that’s never proven to work. J&J is 70s/80s tech.

It hasn’t gone through full fda process. Only emergency. They are still learning things as we go. Now a delayed second shot works better. Whether we need boosters. Read about aspirin in Marv’s review on premonition.

Again no one is saying not to get vax. It’s a must but people having concerns is smart for myriad reasons including but not limited to companies with a history of fraud and politics expediting scientific review - all against a sickness that doesn’t do much to most people. And what is j and j 60 something percent effective?

so we have a drug from a company with billions of dollars of judgments against it for false data that didn't go through the full fda process and is 60 something percent effective at fighting off a virus that i'm already 99.9 percent likely to fight off on my own.... again solidarity let's do it to protect the vulnerable, but calling people out as dumb is dumb. It's sure as hell not like we're ever going to get to herd immunity. of the 9 mil vaccinated in fla only 7% are black

Last edited:
Miracle drug - Cortez’s words, not mine.
Has not gone through full approval process, that is a fact.
No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved for use, fact. The VAST MAJORITY of vaccines administered have been Pfizer & Moderna, which are mRNA vaccines, again, which has NEVER BEEN APPROVED FOR USE.

Try again....are you uninformed, stupid, or disingenuous?

Reactions: Please Be Kind
It's a binary choice, you either get it or you don't. There's no way to be "careful" about getting the vaccine. You can't get it part way or just a little bit or with a limited investment. So unless all these "concerns" -- legit or not -- rise to the level of greater risk than not receiving the jab, they're just bullshit.

It's a binary choice, you either get it or you don't. There's no way to be "careful" about getting the vaccine. You can't get it part way or just a little bit or with a limited investment. So unless all these "concerns" -- legit or not -- rise to the level of greater risk than not receiving the jab, they're just bullshit.
You’re not taking timeline into account. Some may be waiting to see what pops up to eliminate very valid concerns.

it's a personal choice people shouldn't be shamed over. the risk of a bad outcome with the vaccine or covid is next to nothing for most people.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

I'm all for providing incentives. Fully vaccinated people should have essentially no restrictions on normal life first. No masks. Go to concerts. Go to sporting events. Go to social events indoors or out. Etc. Those are real incentives and hopefully those that aren't vaccinated will want some of that. Doing what Ohio is doing is another incentive and I'm good with that too. If it works and 80%, give or take a bit, get vaccinated, I think the cost of that will be more than recovered with Ohio's economy getting back to normal.

I got my vaccinations on base so I'm wondering if I'm in this lottery or not. If I am and I win, I'm going to do something good with that money for others. Not sure what that is yet. ;)

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
it's a personal choice people shouldn't be shamed over. the risk of a bad outcome with the vaccine or covid is next to nothing for most people.

The risk of a bad outcome with Covid far far exceeds any bad outcome from the vaccine. The biggest risk from getting the vaccine is the chance of a car wreck on the way to to vaccination site.

I'm all for providing incentives. Fully vaccinated people should have essentially no restrictions on normal life first. No masks. Go to concerts. Go to sporting events. Go to social events indoors or out. Etc. Those are real incentives and hopefully those that aren't vaccinated will want some of that.

Yeah, except there's no real way to enforce it. As much as I think there should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT