ADVERTISEMENT

Get rid of the ballots

Just one point I would make is that these were nine ballots as of now. How many times have they done this and how many more times were they planning on it? Those votes will add up. You take away votes for Trump and then you allow fraudulent votes from dead people which have not been verified. Also I don't know who the whistle blower was on this story. If they were Republicans who found this out then they will divulge every detail.
For the sake of the congregation, I hope your Sunday sermon is better than this nonsense. And who are "they?"

Reactions: cosmickid
Just one point I would make is that these were nine ballots as of now. How many times have they done this and how many more times were they planning on it? Those votes will add up. You take away votes for Trump and then you allow fraudulent votes from dead people which have not been verified. Also I don't know who the whistle blower was on this story. If they were Republicans who found this out then they will divulge every detail.

Are you this insulated from actual NEWS? Do you just go two days without keeping updated on stories that (you believe) are consequential?

FRIDAY- the (GOP-controlled) election board in Luzerne Co said that they had determined a CONFUSED SEASONAL EMPLOYEE accidentally opened the ballots and mistook them for absentee. That person then mistakenly discarded them into the office trash, and from there they got emptied into the dumpster, all by accident...

That was REPORTED ON FRI by GOP officials in a County that went to Trump in 2016 by double digits. In all likelihood, the employee who made the error is a GOP voter as well. So all the hyperbolic, incendiary claims of voter fraud, and intentionally pointing the finger at nebulous Dems is just so much Bull shite.

"President Donald Trump falsely claimed that an incident where nine ballots were accidentally discarded in Pennsylvania was evidence of widespread "voter fraud."

Officials in Luzerne County said on Friday that a "temporary seasonal independent contractor" had "incorrectly discarded (the ballots) into the office trash."

Strange how the 2 most recent cases of "voter fraud" in a Federal election both involved the GOP, yet it is the GOP pointing the finger elsewhere...

PS- Don't you LIVE in Pennsylvania? Where the hell do you get your "news"? OAN? Infowars?

Last edited:
And you're the exact center of the spectrum who acts like he is intellectually superior to everyone because he has risen above the fray...except when he doesn't. Got it.
Exact center, maybe not, but middle, yes. So to use some examples, if someone advocates the 2nd Amendment but wants to see much more control of who can get what guns, are they right, left, or in the middle? If someone advocates tax breaks for the wealthy but also advocates much tougher environmental legislation & regulation of banking & industry, are they left, right, or in the middle? If someone acknowledges that many people, including blacks, are at a disadvantage in this country, but because poverty, their culture & values have led to the condition, not the color of their skin, are they left, right, or in the middle? It Is, no doubt, difficult for you to fathom because you’re single minded. I am more aligned with those on the right as it pertains to one particular issue, but you & yours constant mud slinging towards anyone Republican or conservative give liberals a well earned reputation of being unwilling to accept any ideas other than their own.

Exact center, maybe not, but middle, yes. So to use some examples, if someone advocates the 2nd Amendment but wants to see much more control of who can get what guns, are they right, left, or in the middle? If someone advocates tax breaks for the wealthy but also advocates much tougher environmental legislation & regulation of banking & industry, are they left, right, or in the middle? If someone acknowledges that many people, including blacks, are at a disadvantage in this country, but because poverty, their culture & values have led to the condition, not the color of their skin, are they left, right, or in the middle? It Is, no doubt, difficult for you to fathom because you’re single minded. I am more aligned with those on the right as it pertains to one particular issue, but you & yours constant mud slinging towards anyone Republican or conservative give liberals a well earned reputation of being unwilling to accept any ideas other than their own.
😴

"but you & yours constant mud slinging towards anyone Republican or conservative give liberals a well earned reputation of being unwilling to accept any ideas other than their own."

I see this claim often,mainly from folks on the Right. Seems they, and possibly you, have a blind spot when it comes to vilifying "political opponents". I think the reason is "single issue voters",and I think that is more of a right wing phenomenon than it is for people on the left...

I'll give you a prime example...Parkland survivor David Hogg. He's had death threats, had numerous swat attempts made on his home/family, and if you read the online comments on any forum where he is being discussed the vitrol is palpable. People even continue to mischaracterize his experience of that day, with many claiming he wasn't at school and drove over after hearing about the shooting because he's a publicity hound.

Of course, people who make those ridiculous claims are ignorant, and totally misunderstood what he told CBS in a poorly edited accounting he gave. But at some point after numerous teachers and fellow students have come forward to verify that he WAS at school during the shooting, then lying about it becomes wilful ignorance and deceit.

And exactly WHY is he a villain to those on the Right? Because he advocates for stricter gun control. Nevermind that he has NEVER advocated for abolishing the 2nd Amendment and that he has said on numerous occasions that as the son of a retired FBI agent he supports the 2nd Amendment and that his family actually owns legal guns.

Now he is a 2nd Amendment supporter, but you'd never know it to watch Right wing tv. I've never seen anyone on the left attack him for that position, but you claim it is people on the left who are "intolerant"? Are you sure you're not just repeating (finely tuned) talking points?

"but you & yours constant mud slinging towards anyone Republican or conservative give liberals a well earned reputation of being unwilling to accept any ideas other than their own."

I see this claim often,mainly from folks on the Right. Seems they, and possibly you, have a blind spot when it comes to vilifying "political opponents". I think the reason is "single issue voters",and I think that is more of a right wing phenomenon than it is for people on the left...

I'll give you a prime example...Parkland survivor David Hogg. He's had death threats, had numerous swat attempts made on his home/family, and if you read the online comments on any forum where he is being discussed the vitrol is palpable. People even continue to mischaracterize his experience of that day, with many claiming he wasn't at school and drove over after hearing about the shooting because he's a publicity hound.

Of course, people who make those ridiculous claims are ignorant, and totally misunderstood what he told CBS in a poorly edited accounting he gave. But at some point after numerous teachers and fellow students have come forward to verify that he WAS at school during the shooting, then lying about it becomes wilful ignorance and deceit.

And exactly WHY is he a villain to those on the Right? Because he advocates for stricter gun control. Nevermind that he has NEVER advocated for abolishing the 2nd Amendment and that he has said on numerous occasions that as the son of a retired FBI agent he supports the 2nd Amendment and that his family actually owns legal guns.

Now he is a 2nd Amendment supporter, but you'd never know it to watch Right wing tv. I've never seen anyone on the left attack him for that position, but you claim it is people on the left who are "intolerant"? Are you sure you're not just repeating (finely tuned) talking points?
It’s impossible for me to repeat talking points, I do not watch the news. I don’t know anything about this guy or the event you‘re talking about. And yes, the right does engage in the same behavior, but most of my experience is on this board, and here it’s no contest...

It’s impossible for me to repeat talking points, I do not watch the news. I don’t know anything about this guy or the event you‘re talking about. And yes, the right does engage in the same behavior, but most of my experience is on this board, and here it’s no contest...
You are FOS.

Hogg is a political animal and readily jumped into the fray following the Parkland shooting. That doesn’t justify the threats against him but to act as if he’s just some mild mannered gun control advocate is disingenuous.

You can’t be as purposely confrontational as Hogg and then cry victim.

That's because on this board there is a core of intelligent, well read posters who are capable of thoughtful discussion, and even the conservatives and Republicans among them can't defend the indefensible.

You don't know anything about the Parkland shooting in FL where 17 students died when shot by Nicolas Cruz?

Hogg is a political animal and readily jumped into the fray following the Parkland shooting. That doesn’t justify the threats against him but to act as if he’s just some mild mannered gun control advocate is disingenuous.

You can’t be as purposely confrontational as Hogg and then cry victim.

People were attacking Hogg from the first day he was interviewed. We're not "crying victim". We're discussing jet's ridiculous assertion that only "liberals" assail political opponents.
STUPID people still insist that Hogg was NOT at the school during the shooting. Don't you read your own wing nut websites/news pages?

How clever, keep avoiding answering real question. Adding to your legacy...
Are you saying I have a less than stellar legacy in the mind of some anonymous clown on an obscure sports message board's version of a political Jerry Springer Show?
I'll just have to find a way to get through this. :D

Are you saying I have a less than stellar legacy in the mind of some anonymous clown on an obscure sports message board's version of a political Jerry Springer Show?
I'll just have to find a way to get through this. :D
No, I’m saying when you’re outmatched you trade in real answers to serious questions with snark because you‘re a phony. That’s your legacy.

No, I’m saying when you’re outmatched you trade in real answers to serious questions with snark because you‘re a phony. That’s your legacy.
I have made my stances on just about every discussed topic very clear, and have stuck to them. I wouldn't trade "legacies" with you in a million years. You seem to think your serious "tone" in your responses to other posters somehow elevates them above "snark". They don't. You deal in "snark" just as much, if not more than most...and for that, along with other reasons, you are the phony and hypocrite.
But, like I said, this is an obscure, lightly-traveled, sports message board trying to talk about politics, so, in the final measure, it really doesn't mean shit in the big picture. But, you do you.

I do not. I don’t get a paper, I don’t watch the news.

Now THAT explains a lot...

No wonder you take the ridiculous position that left-wing "violence" is anywhere comparable to the atrocities committed by people on the Right. Cruz and Crusius single-handedly killed 40 people combined in Parkland School and El Paso's Walmart respectively. Add to that the 9 people Roof killed and that's almost 50 people killed by 3 Neo-Nazis in the past 5 yrs...

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Now THAT explains a lot...

No wonder you take the ridiculous position that left-wing "violence" is anywhere comparable to the atrocities committed by people on the Right. Cruz and Crusius single-handedly killed 40 people combined in Parkland School and El Paso's Walmart respectively. Add to that the 9 people Roof killed and that's almost 50 people killed by 3 Neo-Nazis in the past 5 yrs...

Psychopaths. Radical right wing neo nazi’s are the worst of the worst. Admitting ignorance of some of these events does not mean I condone, excuse, or dismiss them in any way. Do you feel better if I declare which form of hate is worse, the left‘s hate or the right’s?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT