Germany is in some real trouble

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
6CaFhi.jpg

Sadly, back to real Trump-German world:

While the real numbers:
Crime has fallen off dramatically in Germany, with the country's internal ministry reporting last month that criminal offences in Germany totaled 5.76 million in 2017, the lowest number since 1992, leading to the lowest crime rate for the country in more than 30 years.
https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2018/0618/971392-trump/

The appropriate course of action from Merkel backed up by the EU is to demand a public apology from Donald Trump for making up vile shit about Germany and Europe.
If he refuses to give one, then American ambassador for Germany should be expelled from EU countries, as a result, and consequence until he gives one. He can not be allowed to get away with those vile lies without consequences.

While the real numbers:

The appropriate course of action from Merkel backed up by the EU is to demand a public apology from Donald Trump for making up vile shit about Germany and Europe.
If he refuses to give one, then American ambassador for Germany should be expelled from EU countries, as a result, and consequence until he gives one. He can not be allowed to get away with those vile lies without consequences.

But Merkel is basically done politically

http://time.com/5314776/angela-merkel-germany-crisis-migration/

While the real numbers:

Crime in Germany is way up....
He just lies and lies and lies with no consequences. The extreme volume of his lies actually works in his favor as people are now conditioned to just move on to the next thing.

Reactions: sglowrider

While the real numbers:

Good thing you’re not in charge of German diplomacy. ;)

Good thing you’re not in charge of German diplomacy. ;)

This guy:

New US ambassador to Germany under fire for rightwing support
Politicians accuse Richard Grenell of breaching protocol over interview with Breitbart
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-to-germany-under-fire-for-rightwing-support

German politicians have criticised Donald Trump’s new ambassador to Germany after he said he wanted to “empower” anti-establishment rightwing forces throughout Europe.
In an interview with the far-right news outlet Breitbart over the weekend, Richard Grenell, who has been in office for less than a month, said: “I absolutely want to empower other conservatives throughout Europe, other leaders.

An ambassador is supposed to represent the values of the country and not the president.

Reactions: meridian
Regarding asylum seekers and past European policy.
Since the start of 2014, there have been over 30 terror plots in Europe involving refugees or asylum seekers. With Germany being the most frequent target.
Merkel and other European leaders should be honest with their citizens by acknowledging their mistakes on this issue. There are definitely benefits to controlled migration of refugees or asylum seekers, as human lives are potentially being saved. But, the terror plots in which refugees or asylum seekers have been involved must be acknowledged.

Reactions: 76-1
Merkel's losing seems to be rubbing off

This WC has been the best in living memory -- it's like March Madness but you just dont expect so many upsets or twists & turns at the professional levels. I think there have been 15 or more matches that have been decided in the last five minutes of the match.
Maybe its the metaphor of the times we are living in and as expected, under Putin's watchful eye. The USA isn't involved but everyone else is having fun.

This WC has been the best in living memory -- it's like March Madness but you just dont expect so many upsets or twists & turns at the professional levels. I think there have been 15 or more matches that have been decided in the last five minutes of the match.
Maybe its the metaphor of the times we are living in and as expected, under Putin's watchful eye. The USA isn't involved but everyone else is having fun.

I was angry Argentina went on. They didn't' deserve to.

I was angry Argentina went on. They didn't' deserve to.

Argentina was like an NBA all-star team. Fantastic at every position but just never got their act together --they struggled to qualify at one point. Not the best or most talented team wins is the motto of this WC.

France is ludicrously talented upfront -- their front three attacking players are worth $600million and yet they aren't firing on all cylinders.
Brazil is sputtering along too.

I am slow.
Why are they doing it to a South Korean?
Zee chermans needed to beat the Koreans to get to the next round. But lost 2-0 instead. So the Mexicans got through instead despite losing to Sweden. Both matches were played at the same time.

This is the first World Cup in as many years as I can remember when I haven't watched a single match.

This is the first World Cup in as many years as I can remember when I haven't watched a single match.

You are missing the best WC is my living memory -- granted some were foggy for various reasons. This weekend you have the French v the Argies.
I think at last count, 15 matches results were decided in the last five minutes of the match. Just yesterday, the Koreans scored in extra time to beat the Germans and knocking out the defending champs in this preliminary stage of the competition.
My ex-roommate (at Jackson Heights) works for Siemens in Chicago and the Germans there had the match on at the conference room. They were distraught after the match. He was quietly delirious, being English/American.

Reactions: Zizkov
Euphoric Mexico fans search out South Korean ambassadors after win over Germany and make him down shots of tequila
'There's no distinction between Mexicans and Koreans today. We're celebrating together,' says Korean consul general to Mexico
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ila-shots-germany-defeat-sweden-a8420711.html

mexico-0.jpg

Euphoric Mexican fans hunted down a South Korean ambassador before encouraging him to drink tequila shots in a celebration of Germany’s unexpected defeat against the Asian country.
Hundreds of Mexican football fans gathered outside the South Korean embassy in Mexico City on Wednesday to rejoice at South Korea’s unlikely World Cup victory over the World and Confederations Cup champions.

The beauty of sports!

Euphoric Mexico fans search out South Korean ambassadors after win over Germany and make him down shots of tequila
'There's no distinction between Mexicans and Koreans today. We're celebrating together,' says Korean consul general to Mexico
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ila-shots-germany-defeat-sweden-a8420711.html

mexico-0.jpg

The beauty of sports!
I was once in Mexico during a Mexican World Cup match. We were at a bar full of Mexican fans, and happily started cheering for El Tri. Suddenly beers appeared in front of us. We promptly rewarded that behavior, and things went well from there.

I was once in Mexico during a Mexican World Cup match. We were at a bar full of Mexican fans, and happily started cheering for El Tri. Suddenly beers appeared in front of us. We promptly rewarded that behavior, and things went well from there.

To meet strangers and bond over alcohol and sports... those are moments you remember and cherish.
Gives you faith the humanity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT