ADVERTISEMENT

Gene Keady attending the game tomorrow

I normally blow off thoughts of Knight coming to a game, because it always happens. Everyone knows I like to bet. Anyone want to bet he is not at AH tomorrow? I will be betting he is.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I normally blow off thoughts of Knight coming to a game, because it always happens. Everyone knows I like to bet. Anyone want to bet he is not at AH tomorrow? I will be betting he is.
Problem is, Coach Knight’s chances of appearing is about the same as our offense - you never know which you’re going to get.

I'd be betting the same side as you...

Reactions: Cavanagh
Problem is, Coach Knight’s chances of appearing is about the same as our offense - you never know which you’re going to get.

The wifey is on board. So unless he is having a horrid day in the morning, should be there.

It's going to happen at some point and it appears the stars are aligned for it happening tomorrow. Many seem to think it's a done deal. I wouldn't bet against it.

Reactions: 76-1
I don't have a ticket to the game but wouldn't mind being there outside "Simon-Skjot" when he drives up. It will probably be a last minute thing where I would have to miss the start of the game if I did. Then again, surely there are some balcony seats available, don't you think? Help me out here. I've suddenly become real tempted to take the plunge.

I suspect that ESPN, Dickie V and Coach Keady are all involved. Doubt that he comes directly into "Simon-Skojt" through the front door. My guess is that he will be in Cook Hall well before the game begins. The Varsity Club originally had a donor event schedule for noon in Cook Hall that has been canceled.

I suspect that ESPN, Dickie V and Coach Keady are all involved. Doubt that he comes directly into "Simon-Skojt" through the front door. My guess is that he will be in Cook Hall well before the game begins. The Varsity Club originally had a donor event schedule for noon in Cook Hall that has been canceled.

this guy knows what he is talking about!

That makes sense. Isn't there a direct passageway from Cook to AH?. It wouldn't be like they sit together in the stands with common man. More like the special security area above the end zone bleachers. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Knight isn't there, but that would be a drag if Keady is and gives the PU team a pep talk to beat our sorry asses.

That makes sense. Isn't there a direct passageway from Cook to AH?. It wouldn't be like they sit together in the stands with common man. More like the special security area above the end zone bleachers. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Knight isn't there, but that would be a drag if Keady is and gives the PU team a pep talk to beat our sorry asses.
Yes, I've been through it. A tunnel/hallway exists between Cook and AH. Has Indiana painted on the wall. Went through with my kids. Not sure If I was supposed to but I did and ended in Cook with the team actually working out. As team walked by my kids were freaking out at how big the players were. I loved it. Nobody asked me to leave. It was cool! Go Hoosiers!

Yes, I've been through it. A tunnel/hallway exists between Cook and AH. Has Indiana painted on the wall. Went through with my kids. Not sure If I was supposed to but I did and ended in Cook with the team actually working out. As team walked by my kids were freaking out at how big the players were. I loved it. Nobody asked me to leave. It was cool! Go Hoosiers!
I was wondering if it would possibly include walking through the old field house, which BTW, I always think they should tear this structure down and replace it with something better. It's designed like one of the old Army quonset huts made popular during the Korean War. Here in the sports complex we have these stunning limestone monoliths of modern day architecture surrounding it, making it's arcuate design appear even more antiquated. The same goes for the Mellencamp Pavilion. Next to the collegiate looking, gothic styled north end addition to Memorial Stadium, it looks like it was built "on the cheap", and besides, it hampers the view of the stadium from the much traveled 46 bypass, soon to be much more heavily traveled once the new hospital is up and running.

I had heard that RMK and Keady would be at Banker's Life for the Pacers game that night. Part of the Hickory promotion that will include a IU/purdue connection. Could RMK stand to be with Keady that long and also come to the IU game? I say he will go to one or the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT