ADVERTISEMENT

Gelon

No, he didn't.

Besides the NCAA championship banners, he put up 2 others: 1) the '83 Big 10 banner to honor the fans and the UPI National Champions in 1975. Any others were NOT put up by RMK and to suggest otherwise proves how little you know.

YES, he did' You do realize the '83 banner was more than just the fans, right? The fans were a big part of it, but he wanted to honor that team as well. They did something special to capture that B10 RS after the injuries and he knew they had very little chance of going far in the NCAAs.

Secondly, I said other displays, not just banners. You guys make it sound like we won Big Ten titles and then any of the hardware that came with it he put in a drawer in his desk. That is not the case. They were there for fans to see at various times. Unfortunately at the time there wasn't a great place to put all of the hardware in one location, but that has since been improved. Nevertheless, those accomplishments were there for fans to see, not hidden.

Shows how little YOU know.

These programs did take these kids, and none of them produced for them. Lindsay transferred after not playing any meaningful minutes. White has played 53 minutes in TWO years. Wasted scholarships, IMO.

I agree with you, it didn't work out. Now, hindsight is always 20/20. Let's see what happens with this kid before we bury him.

YES, he did' You do realize the '83 banner was more than just the fans, right? The fans were a big part of it, but he wanted to honor that team as well. They did something special to capture that B10 RS after the injuries and he knew they had very little chance of going far in the NCAAs.

Secondly, I said other displays, not just banners. You guys make it sound like we won Big Ten titles and then any of the hardware that came with it he put in a drawer in his desk. That is not the case. They were there for fans to see at various times. Unfortunately at the time there wasn't a great place to put all of the hardware in one location, but that has since been improved. Nevertheless, those accomplishments were there for fans to see, not hidden.

The "B10 RS"? And, yes, there was a great place to put all the hardware in one location in 1983. You keep digging your hole deeper and deeper and deeper. Stop pretending.

It's because NEITHER of you guys will compare apples to apples.

Those guys you mentioned - Pippen, Lillard, Vic - were really good athletes. They refined their overall games in college and (in the case of Pippen) grew.

Name me ONE PLAYER like Gelon - one-dimensional, very average athletically - that has developed into at least a 10-15 minute player. C'mon boys, roll 'em out there . . .
I did what you asked me to do and then you changed the question because you did not like the answer.

Reactions: becauseIknow
These programs did take these kids, and none of them produced for them. Lindsay transferred after not playing any meaningful minutes. White has played 53 minutes in TWO years. Wasted scholarships, IMO.
So you are saying even the best coaches sign players who are lower rated and some of these don't work out. I thought only our coach did that!

This thread is sad. A bunch of old, bitter guys, many who didn't even go to IU, dogging on a kid who gets to put on the candy stripes as a reward for all his hard work, time, sweat, dedication, and determination.

I hope he has a great career as a Hoosier, for many reasons, the least not being that he would be able to tell many of you "fans" to go piss up a rope. He doesn't seem like the type to really care what you insignificant haters think, though.
i'm not really sure who some of them are dogging on. For the most part, they seem to be complaining that the coaching staff picked someone that they wouldn't have picked. Beyond that, it's hard to tell what some of these guys are saying.

Your PICTURE showed banners with all the years IU won the Big Ten - NOT JUST 1983.

Your post, not mine.

i'm not really sure who some of them are dogging on. For the most part, they seem to be complaining that the coaching staff picked someone that they wouldn't have picked. Beyond that, it's hard to tell what some of these guys are saying.
I've got no issue with the kid, and I hope he does well.

The issue is Crean and roster (mis)management.

I believe his post indicates displays not banners. Are (or were) these some sort of display in the cases? I don't recall anything beyond the trophies.
The picture he posted was the banners hanging in AH that has the years IU won the Big 10. Knight had nothing to do with those banners.

Reactions: TheSpa
I did what you asked me to do and then you changed the question because you did not like the answer.
No - you picked two guys that went to small schools and were good athletes- just hadn't developed their skills yet.

Gelon is going to INDIANA - not Central Arkansas, not Weber St. True, I did not ask for a specific apples-to-apples, but the point being that a school who claims they "want to be elite" (thanks Fred) like IU wouldn't want to be compared to either of those schools.

It doesn't bother you to make a ridiculous comparison like that, though. That's how the "new elite" does it, huh?

Reactions: Rakkasan29
I'm sure knowItAll was one of RMK's favorites . . . lol

We got along fairly well. You had to act with kid gloves around him at times, and most would say that in private and some publicly. That includes some of his direct coaching staff, his AD's, SIDs, and others. Is what it is. He was hardly the first or only coach to be difficult to work with, but I got along well with most because my group did their jobs well.

No - you picked two guys that went to small schools and were good athletes- just hadn't developed their skills yet.

Gelon is going to INDIANA - not Central Arkansas, not Weber St. True, I did not ask for a specific apples-to-apples, but the point being that a school who claims they "want to be elite" (thanks Fred) like IU wouldn't want to be compared to either of those schools.

It doesn't bother you to make a ridiculous comparison like that, though. That's how the "new elite" does it, huh?
Here was your question:

Please name us just two players rated as low as Gelon who have ended up being a contributor to help their team win games.

Says nothing about going to a school the caliber of IU, Says nothing about naming someone of the same athletic ability. Replying to the criteria you have set now would be too subjective because whose definition of athletic would we use and would any two definitions be the same? Like I said I answered the question you posed and you did not like the answers and changed the question.

Here was your question:

Please name us just two players rated as low as Gelon who have ended up being a contributor to help their team win games.

Says nothing about going to a school the caliber of IU, Says nothing about naming someone of the same athletic ability. Replying to the criteria you have set now would be too subjective because whose definition of athletic would we use and would any two definitions be the same? Like I said I answered the question you posed and you did not like the answers and changed the question.
I was clearly asking for an apples-to-apples comparison. Sorry, didn't think I'd need to give 3-dimensional instructions on the toilet paper on how to . . . I'll remember the detail required in the future.

This is the post you made your ridiculous claim:

Fair point. My fault. See how that's done. I made a mistake and admitted it. You should try it sometime.

If conference titles weren't elite level successes, why did Bob Knight post them to banners at Assembly Hall? Or did Knight celebrate simply mundane success, too?

EP-150419884.jpg

You posted this picture, then asked "If conference titles weren't elite level successes, why did Bob Knight post them to banners at Assembly Hall? " It has been pointed out to you - numerous times now - that Knight had NOTHING to do with hanging the banners in the picture above. Teams that achieved some of those results, yes. Responsible for the actual hanging of the pictured banners, no.

And, again, you mentioned NOTHING about other displays - or trophys, etc. Another lie to try to cover your A$$.

You can wish for something all you want. That isn't gonna make it come true.

I was clearly asking for an apples-to-apples comparison. Sorry, didn't think I'd need to give 3-dimensional instructions on the toilet paper on how to . . . I'll remember the detail required in the future.
Really????? Only Carnac the Magnificent would get the apples-apples from your question. Get a lot of friends with your condescending attitude?

Really????? Only Carnac the Magnificent would get the apples-apples from your question. Get a lot of friends with your condescending attitude?
If condescending attitude determines number of friends., there'd be a lot of lonely people besides myself on here.

ADVERTISEMENT