ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Bowl Impact

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
This loss hurts like hell, but every single W during the regular season was more significant than Thursday's L. The eight wins are what got us to Jacksonville and a respected bowl against a quality P5 opponent. 62,000 people attended (a ten year Gator Bowl high) and almost four and a half million watched on TV. This was great exposure for IU in a highly competitive, entertaining game. Lots to look forward to in 2020, particularly with the return of Michael and Stevie. Go IU.

This loss hurts like hell, but every single W during the regular season was more significant than Thursday's L. The eight wins are what got us to Jacksonville and a respected bowl against a quality P5 opponent. 62,000 people attended (a ten year Gator Bowl high) and almost four and a half million watched on TV. This was great exposure for IU in a highly competitive, entertaining game. Lots to look forward to in 2020, particularly with the return of Michael and Stevie. Go IU.
I'm with you when you are right!

Reactions: midwolfe
I think the loss is a neutral factor for the long term. Being in Fl for a meaningful bowl game has to have a positive effect for recruiting and fans. The PUkes got blown out and embarrassed by Auburn last year and they did very well recruiting this year.

Reactions: red hornet
I think the loss is a neutral factor for the long term. Being in Fl for a meaningful bowl game has to have a positive effect for recruiting and fans. The PUkes got blown out and embarrassed by Auburn last year and they did very well recruiting this year.
I agree, bang!

Reactions: bang63
IU will be fine after Gator Bowl loss. They didn’t lay an egg in terms of getting a PU vs Auburn blowout. Most who saw game fee they should have won and they played hard.

By time IU hit 8-4, it was about two weeks to commit signing day #1, and most players had already long committed.

It’s the spillover to 2020 where we will see recruiting benefits of the good bowl year we just had. AND...this year’s incoming class may all redshirt but 2-3 players. They are building depth which is how good programs are built.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT