ADVERTISEMENT

Garland sets in-home visit with IU

Jan 6, 2017
But, but, but......according to the EXPERT REAL FANS on here, we have zero shot with Garland...... which is why Archie grabbed the 8th forward for his team.....even though it only leaves us one spot open with both Garland and Romeo still seriously considering us.....

An in home visit then a month later an OV with the parents at the same time Romeo is in town with his parents.

But, but, but......according to the EXPERT REAL FANS on here, we have zero shot with Garland...... which is why Archie grabbed the 8th forward for his team.....even though it only leaves us one spot open with both Garland and Romeo still seriously considering us.....

I think Archie has a plan. I trust him until he gives me a reason not to. We needed a competent big man in this class regardless and Forrester fits the bill.

And just for the record, the feedback from recruits on their visits to IU have been extremely positive under Archie, be it Brooks, TJD, or Forrester. I suspect Garland and his family will be similarly impressed.

Last edited:
This is why I didn't really want the commitment from Forrester. Yes, I like Forrester and Archie, but we're still late in the game for two top 19 recruits. Unless DD goes pro, of course

Curious as to how/when you'd think he gave you that reason.

Perhaps a Matt Roth type situation to make room for incoming recruits, although it is natural for there to be some transfers early in a coach's tenure as they build the roster they want to execute their system.

Don't worry about it. It's possible CAM knows more than we do.

You guys are right... it's a horrible idea to take a commit from an underrated, athletic 6'10ish guy who cam guard multiple positions, shoot, rebound, and play in a system when your roster lacks a little size (especially if Morgan has the type of season some are expecting of him). I'm sure it would be impossible to find room for a 5* pg, if he even decides to come. One in the bush is better than two in the hand, and Miller has had no idea what he has been doing in recruiting so far. SMH. If They land either Romeo or Garland, it's the best class since Cheaney..... but if both want to come, room will be found (see Gelon)...

I can forgive Archie for moving on from players recruited by the previous regime as he looks to build the program in his image. Once he gets a couple of years in then we should expect the oversign to not be used.

Last edited:
I can forgive Archie for moving on from players recruited by the previous regime as he looks to build the program in his image. Once he gets a couple of years in then we should expect the oversign to not be used.
Well, except that didn't happen.

Instead of "moving on," didn't Miller retain Crean's three recruits for next year? Why claim he was "moving on"? Fake drama.

Well, except that didn't happen.

Instead of "moving on," didn't Miller retain Crean's three recruits for next year? Why claim he was "moving on"? Fake drama.

I am talking about next offseason. He had to fill a roster this season so it made no sense to start running off a bunch of players, although Gelon made sense given his skill level.

I am talking about next offseason. He had to fill a roster this season so it made no sense to start running off a bunch of players, although Gelon made sense given his skill level.

Zero players left (except Gelon). No one is saying he should have "gutted" the roster.

He could have easily let 2 more players go and still have more than enough to have a team.

If he asked them back, it's bush-league to run them off after a year for his "own players" instead of committing to them 100%.

Don't worry...it's all going to work out...

Reactions: hondo314
Garland looks very skilled in the highlight reels. Reminds me a bit of De'Aaron Fox from UK last year. Fast, agile, and athletic, with quick hands, a great first step, scoring ability and good court vision.

Probably the only thing not to like is he quite thin. But that is a minimum considering his vast talent at his age.

Garland looks very skilled in the highlight reels. Reminds me a bit of De'Aaron Fox from UK last year. Fast, agile, and athletic, with quick hands, a great first step, scoring ability and good court vision.

Probably the only thing not to like is he quite thin. But that is a minimum considering his vast talent at his age.

Cliff Marshall will bulk him up.

But, but, but... somehow YOU have more knowledge than both the EXPERT REAL FANS, and our HEAD MEN'S BBALL COACH? You do see that irony, right? Unless you are Fred Glass, I trust our head bball coach, who seems quite reasonable, has a plan or knowledge no EXPERT FAN is privy too. How about we relax and let him get through a season, nay, a game or two and see where this goes?

Fred, Fred?

"Creaning" = worst thing in the history of sports

"Millering" = just the way things are done

We can trust Miller until he gives us a reason not to because his name didn't become a verb for player turnover.

could IU fans live with a little nudging out of kids now and then if it is part of a successful program? yes, it's the way the game works.

could IU fans live with the wholesale turnovers of the past 10 years? no.

You seem smart enough but, man, you really, really have a need to play dumb on this one thing. weird.

Zero players left (except Gelon). No one is saying he should have "gutted" the roster.

He could have easily let 2 more players go and still have more than enough to have a team.

If he asked them back, it's bush-league to run them off after a year for his "own players" instead of committing to them 100%.

haha. congrats, Coach Miller! You have your first IU haters. Now you've truly arrived at IU. Good luck! :)

could IU fans live with a little nudging out of kids now and then if it is part of a successful program? yes, it's the way the game works.

Unlike you "real" fans, I'm not a complete hypocrite.

Stop with the "That's the way things are today" crap because that's what all the cheating schools say too.

Not my fault you clowns are crying we have "no shot" with Garland when we have an in-home visit with the kid.

I didn't say that, I took a guess... don't pretend to have any knowledge, just reading tea leaves. You can crow when he have both Garland and Romeo and a "forward" has to be forced out of the program. Right now you are freaking over things that are 1) highly unlikely (getting both DG and RL), and/or 2) that will likely take care of themselves even if 1 did happen (injury, early commitment, or transfer). Next year, you'll be bitching about how CAM didn't properly prepare if we lose any players to the above.

And yes, I do believe when CAM says he doesn't like to overrecruit and use all schollies based on his track record at Dayton. Unfortunately, he also has a responsibility to put a winning team on the floor and is dealing with a roster and commitments that TC left him. If we're seeing the things you're fretting over in year 3 and beyond, then I'll be concerned and agree it's a problem.

It was inevitable. The honeymoon's over.
I'll admit I didn't expect it before Archie had coached a single game.

Hopefully the poster is just going through a rough spell & this will pass.:eek::rolleyes:

Poor widdle Drama Queen Snowflakes.

Unless you think Archie literally walks on water and is more pure than Jesus, they think you're a "hater" and want him fired.

Yawn.

Unlike you "real" fans, I'm not a complete hypocrite.

Stop with the "That's the way things are today" crap because that's what all the cheating schools say too.

how did you jump into cheating?

when did i say that's the way things are done today? it's the way things have always been done. always. you don't like it, i don't like it, but it's going to happen. this is a competitive sport. folks get pushed out of the way. c'est la vie. i just couldn't stand it happening 3 times a year and to the detriment of the program. check the my posting record. :) but, again, cool. this is your cause. your moby dick. good luck.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
You Drama Queens crack me up.

If you have any criticism at all, you're a "hater."

Go find your safe space, pumpkin.

no, it's that you've have literally posted on this subject 50 times in the last week. okay, we get it. you are innocent like virgin snow. a keeper of all promises. again, cool. lol

how did you jump into cheating?

when did i say that's the way things are done today? it's the way things have always been done. always. you don't like it, i don't like it, but it's going to happen. this is a competitive sport. folks get pushed out of the way. c'est la vie. i just couldn't stand it happening 3 times a year and to the detriment of the program. check the my posting record. :) but, again, cool. this is your cause. your moby dick. good luck.

Like I said, when Crean did it, he was SATAN.

When Archie does it, it's "So what? It's been done forever."

And my memory isn't the best, but I sure don't remember over-signing for the previous coaches.

And I don't follow other schools so forgive me for thinking you're full of it when you whine, "Every school has done it forever."

As far as "jmping to cheating", your excuse, "Everyone does it" can be used for that too. If you have kids, do you let them get away with, "But dad, every junior high kid has a tattoo across their face now"?

So, "reading tea leaves" that we're getting an in-home visit tells you we have no shot?

Ummmmmmmmmm, ok.

LOL!!

I didn't say that, I said I thought that taking JF's commitment was a tell that Archie didn't believe we'd get both RL and DG. My guess is that he's thinking we won't get DG, but it could be RL or he could be thinking that it's just unlikely we'll get both, but if we do, it's likely someone will leave for any of the "normal" reasons I mentioned. All of these are more likely than the scenario you are freaking out about. The man's in a tough spot: he's got to produce a winner with someone else's players and his history has shown he doesn't recruit over guys or "Crean", and that he often keeps a scholly open. Funny that you're calling everyone else snowflake, when you're freaking over a scenario that hasn't even happened, and is quite unlikely to.

Last edited:
Like I said, when Crean did it, he was SATAN.

When Archie does it, it's "So what? It's been done forever."

And my memory isn't the best, but I sure don't remember over-signing for the previous coaches.

And I don't follow other schools so forgive me for thinking you're full of it when you whine, "Every school has done it forever."

As far as "jmping to cheating", your excuse, "Everyone does it" can be used for that too. If you have kids, do you let them get away with, "But dad, every junior high kid has a tattoo across their face now"?

No, dummy, when Crean did it year after year after year & it became clear that was a strategy, not just dealing with a particular instance or set of circumstances, that's when some of us became aggravated. Not only is your memory not the best, but generally speaking your cognitive abilities are on par with my 4 year old. Nobody is being a crying little baby but you in about every thread on the board...

Reactions: hondo314
...let's be honest here.... At a program bringing in high level athletes, there is ALWAYS going to be someone who feels they are not getting the min/role they deserve. Some will stay and work harder. To pretend there aren't transfers every single year at most programs because whatever isn't working they way the kid wants is just ignorant. That said, over signing by one or two every year doesn't work, either. There is a balance, and it is much different over signing in the first year you are in control of a program than the 6th (if you think someone won't be unhappy....well...). Either way, you are condemning him for something that hasn't happened, and there isn't a program in the country that wouldn't go after these two if they had a shot regardless of schollie situation. Let it play out, and if there is an oversign...we can see how it is handled...

I. Funny that you're calling everyone else snowflake, when you're freaking over a scenario that hasn't even happened, and is quite unlikely to.

I'm not "freaking out" at all, Gomer.

Seriously.....you Drama Queens need to get a grip.

You Drama Queens crack me up.

If you have any criticism at all, you're a "hater."

Go find your safe space, pumpkin.
if you are reasonable, you will realize that YOU are the Drama Queen. Wailing with no reason. Painter had nine transfers his first two years. How do you feel about that?

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Just read on another site IU is recruiting and wants both Garland and Langford.

I don't think Archie will "force" anyone off the team unless needed. If we do get both, he'll just wait a season to see if things work themselves out, as they did this year,

if you are reasonable, you will realize that YOU are the Drama Queen. Wailing with no reason. Painter had nine transfers his first two years. How do you feel about that?

1) No, the only Drama Queens are those that act like tween girls calling someone a "hater" because they have some concerns.

2) I couldn't care less about Moo U....and it's a sad day when an IU fan tries to compare us to them to justify something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT