ADVERTISEMENT

Garcia to UNC

Chicago-bound Hoosier

All-American
Mar 14, 2003
Get off my lawn
kinda lost track of his status. Still say this was CAM's biggest miss. A line up with both Garcia and TJD would have been matchup hell for teams. A shame we were already roster full when he decided to pull out of the draft.

Agree it would be a great lineup if we get but no ones what going to fallout from the spinning wheel of transfer portal so I'm going with the bird in hand theory and be happy

Shocking that he ended up at UNC ... some know it all on here was arguing with me after I said that he was headed to a blue blood ... this shit ain’t that hard. His resume wasn’t gonna have him going to anything less ... and I have a really bad suspicion that some kids are entering the transfer portal AFTER contact from the school where they ultimately land. Not always, but to think a place like UNC or Kansas is playing by the rules is beyond naive.

kinda lost track of his status. Still say this was CAM's biggest miss. A line up with both Garcia and TJD would have been matchup hell for teams. A shame we were already roster full when he decided to pull out of the draft.
Defensively, I agree the potential would’ve been great, though teams would’ve likely pulled TJD more toward the perimeter than he would’ve been comfortable with. Offensively, someone’s game would’ve been necessarily pushed away from the basket, and I think their relative skill sets would’ve ended challenged by that.

Defensively, I agree the potential would’ve been great, though teams would’ve likely pulled TJD more toward the perimeter than he would’ve been comfortable with. Offensively, someone’s game would’ve been necessarily pushed away from the basket, and I think their relative skill sets would’ve ended challenged by that.
I watched a few of MU's game this past season and Garcia is an outside-in player, who spent a decent amount of time out near the 3 pt line. Garcia would have clogged the inside for TJD less than having Race on the court.
As for pushing TJD's skills set a little further away from the basket...that's yet another area of failure for CAM. It's all water over the dam at this point. In a way, it was best that Garcia passed on IU...it sped up CAM's departure which was inevitable.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I watched a few of MU's game this past season and Garcia is an outside-in player, who spent a decent amount of time out near the 3 pt line. Garcia would have clogged the inside for TJD less than having Race on the court.
As for pushing TJD's skills set a little further away from the basket...that's yet another area of failure for CAM. It's all water over the dam at this point. In a way, it was best that Garcia passed on IU...it sped up CAM's departure which was inevitable.
I think you’re right in terms of Garcia going to MU instead of IU. Before Kaufmann turned his nose up at Miller and how he proposed to use him, Garcia was strongly rumored to have had a similar response. Seemed obvious even then that AM was way over his head. Feel bad for TJD that his development has been delayed / stunted, and hope that begins to turn under new leadership.

Exactly. Another classic example of Ordy not knowing WTF he's talking about. Their offensive games would've complemented each other to a T. I totally agree that whiffing on Garcia helped us get rid of CAM faster. Silver lining's

Exactly. Another classic example of Ordy not knowing WTF he's talking about. Their offensive games would've complemented each other to a T. I totally agree that whiffing on Garcia helped us get rid of CAM faster. Silver lining's
Loser stoner, we’re talking IU sports. You don’t belong here. Go try to find your car. But thanks for the continued creepy stalking. It only proves how deep in your empty head I’ve gotten. Rent free!

I think you’re right in terms of Garcia going to MU instead of IU. Before Kaufmann turned his nose up at Miller and how he proposed to use him, Garcia was strongly rumored to have had a similar response. Seemed obvious even then that AM was way over his head. Feel bad for TJD that his development has been delayed / stunted, and hope that begins to turn under new leadership.
it did show that CAM was having serious issues getting commitments from the stretch 3/4's with size who could shoot and play in/out, which is something his teams IU teams were lacking. This, as much as anything else is why he's no longer here (aside from overall shitshow shooting from the entire team).

it did show that CAM was having serious issues getting commitments from the stretch 3/4's with size who could shoot and play in/out, which is something his teams IU teams were lacking. This, as much as anything else is why he's no longer here (aside from overall shitshow shooting from the entire team).
Agree. I remember the comments from Kaufmann, who basically was pushing us down the list based on Miller’s inability to describe how he would be utilized, and realizing he was over his head. Will be interesting to see how Garcia develops under HD.

Agree. I remember the comments from Kaufmann, who basically was pushing us down the list based on Miller’s inability to describe how he would be utilized, and realizing he was over his head. Will be interesting to see how Garcia develops under HD.
UNC has always been good at pumping out NBA talent and they have run an up tempo, open style offense for some time. I think Garcia will flourish in Chapel Hill next year.

Side note- the Coach K coaching tree hasn't exactly set the world on fire over the past 15 yrs.

If sustained, AMs vision of how that position is utilized will dramatically cut into the number of players attracted to it regardless of the name on the front of the jersey. The spotlight came on for many when a player that would normally go to IU ends up in WLaffy.

UNC has always been good at pumping out NBA talent and they have run an up tempo, open style offense for some time. I think Garcia will flourish in Chapel Hill next year.

Side note- the Coach K coaching tree hasn't exactly set the world on fire over the past 15 yrs.
It’s interesting that neither K nor BK had great coaching trees. I remember how guys like Bliss, Donaher, Donewald, Crews, etc. we’re the darlings of the college world in terms of being “can’t miss” guys, and it never happened for any of them. I think Collins, Capel, Dawkins, Wojo, etc. may be headed in the same direction, Brey May end up as the best of the group. Dean Smith’s legacy is cloudy, as well, though Roy Williams obviously did quite well. Rooting for HD, as he’s a good guy.

Loser stoner, we’re talking IU sports. You don’t belong here. Go try to find your car. But thanks for the continued creepy stalking. It only proves how deep in your empty head I’ve gotten. Rent free!
You're too stupid to realize how Garcia's game would've been the perfect complement to TJD. So instead of trying to talk tactics, you go to your greatest hits again. Stoner/ Rent Free? Really? I've been slobberknocking you all over this board for weeks Ordy. Is that really the best you got Ordy? Everyone sees you for the cowardly fraud you are and we're laughing at you.

You didn’t want to hear this when I told you repeatedly at the time. Just full on cult blinders. Glad you see it now.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
If sustained, AMs vision of how that position is utilized will dramatically cut into the number of players attracted to it regardless of the name on the front of the jersey. The spotlight came on for many when a player that would normally go to IU ends up in WLaffy.
Oh...and it is Kaufman with one "n".

Last edited:
It’s interesting that neither K nor BK had great coaching trees. I remember how guys like Bliss, Donaher, Donewald, Crews, etc. we’re the darlings of the college world in terms of being “can’t miss” guys, and it never happened for any of them. I think Collins, Capel, Dawkins, Wojo, etc. may be headed in the same direction, Brey May end up as the best of the group. Dean Smith’s legacy is cloudy, as well, though Roy Williams obviously did quite well. Rooting for HD, as he’s a good guy.
Joby, Dakich....Collins needs to jump ship before he gets dumped by NW. Trying to build NW to an upper tier B1G program...ain't ever gonna happen. Small fan base, incredible academic standards and a big city that doesn't give a shite about NW basketball. I thought Dawkins might be on to something at UCF with their run a few yrs back but that was apparently lightning in a bottle. I thought Wojo was way overrated as a Duke player and have similar feelings about him as a coach. Don't forget Snyder, who seems to have reinvented himself in the NBA but I always had a shifty feeling about him as a college coach. Maybe it was just the hair.

there were seasons where RMK's bench looked like the coach's version of the Island of Misfit toys.

Agree it would be a great lineup if we get but no ones what going to fallout from the spinning wheel of transfer portal so I'm going with the bird in hand theory and be happy
Please tell me you have been drinking, English is not your first language or you graduated from Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT