ADVERTISEMENT

Garcia decision

It meant he shouldn't go where his friends are, or where he wanted, but to go to where he had the best chance (in his father's mind) of getting to the pros. KB was a very strong IU lean until his dad saw $$$ signs. Plus, Cal bullshitted him and told him he would be playing the 3.

I really don't care. fwiw - I would never want to run with anyone that said something like that. Let the selfish go to UK, where they belong.
I think it meant that being from Indiana there are a lot of friends, family, teachers, home town people, etc. who were rooting for IU and would of liked him to be a Hoosier.

" Time to be selfish" would mean to pick where he feel best going, not putting those around you, who you like, wishes ahead of your preference.

time to close to book on the Garcia discussion. Pretty obvious that he's looking at a guaranteed starting spot, 30 min/game and 15 shots/game in Milwaukee. Was not going to get that in Btown next year. Assuming all the regular playing underclassmen return, he would really have to fight for 20-25 min here next season. We were always playing catch up with; CAM did well to get us into the final 2.

IU puts up a 23-25 win season this year, focus on class of 2021 and be on the lookout for a grad transfer big next spring. Upward trajectory continues. Would have been great to land him, but doesn't stop the progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT