ADVERTISEMENT

Game Two OSU

I don't know what happened to Matthew and maybe after witnessing the train wreck that was IU over the weekend, he is under his doctor's care. After two straight games where pitchers with so-so numbers completely dominated IU and had career games including personal best with the strikeouts, we started this game out by striking out seven times in our first nine at-bats against a pitcher that had never started until today and had an ERA of over 3.80. We had the bases loaded with no outs in the 4th and managed to plate just one run, and this has been par for this team of late. I don't know how many times we swung at balls at the ankles or in the dirt to start this game.

On the bright side I imagine a similar osu forum where they are bemoaning lack of quality contact

Reactions: mk23
On the bright side I imagine a similar osu forum where they are bemoaning lack of quality contact
Yeah, I agree with that as OSU hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire in this game, which is a good thing for us, obviously.

Bottom of the 8th with IU still up 1-0. We are three outs away from snapping the losing streak. Hopefully, we can come up with some insurance runs in the 8th.

I don't know how many times we swung at balls at the ankles or in the dirt to start this game

I haven't been able to watch a lot of games, but we do chase a lot bad pitches.

I wonder what the season total will be for runners left on base and left in scoring position.

BTW, OSU has their number 8 and 9 hitters to start the 9th, so I'm guessing we may see some pinch hitters in that inning.

All we needed was a fly ball out of Barr to score a run, and he strikes out for the third time today. Fortunately, Toetz came through with a single to score an insurance run. IU up 2-0 going into the 9th.

Great, we pick the 9th with a slim 2-0 lead and we commit an error. At least there is one out.

Thank goodness the streak is broken and we salvaged one game from the pod. IU wins 2-0. The game wasn't a thing of beauty for both teams. but we did just enough to win it.

Kugler kept mentioning on the broadcast that IND was in the L5I for the tourney entering today. Does this help?
Yeah, they mentioned it several times and I'm somewhat surprised we are still being mentioned in their projection. I haven't been to the D1baseball site since that came out, but they aren't the NCAA so who knows what they are thinking. If we can somehow win the series at MD maybe that will affect the thinking with the selection committee, but like I posted a couple of days ago, I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it. Needless to say and IMO, taking that series is the only thing we have left than can possibly move us into consideration for a spot in the the field.

I haven't been able to watch a lot of games, but we do chase a lot bad pitches.

I wonder what the season total will be for runners left on base and left in scoring position.
That’s been a serious issue with these guys. Not a lot of clutch in our lineup

I don't know what happened to Matthew and maybe after witnessing the train wreck that was IU over the weekend, he is under his doctor's care. After two straight games where pitchers with so-so numbers completely dominated IU and had career games including personal best with the strikeouts, we started this game out by striking out seven times in our first nine at-bats against a pitcher that had never started until today and had an ERA of over 3.80. We had the bases loaded with no outs in the 4th and managed to plate just one run, and this has been par for this team of late. I don't know how many times we swung at balls at the ankles or in the dirt to start this game.
Hahaha, no, I was not put under doctor's care. I was writing an article right before the game started and when I finished, I was playing catch up. I also was on driving duty right around the seventh inning to pick up the food we ordered for takeout—a busy day.

I'll be doing the live thread for the upcoming Maryland series and if IU makes the field of 64.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT