ADVERTISEMENT

game times in Atlantis

One of the first articles I read said no tv and no streaming. Maybe they will be wrong.
Will their at least be radio?

Remember when they went to Canada and played games during the summer? I loved it that we could actually see IU play during the summer. They need to put it up somewhere.
I suspect it depends on money. I do not want to go to private donors. I still have them on a pedestal for giving 10 M to get rid of Archie.

I suspect it depends on money. I do not want to go to private donors. I still have them on a pedestal for giving 10 M to get rid of Archie.

does IU even have the rights to do it if they wanted to?

if so, relatively nothing to do it i'd think. take a couple media school guys along or managers could do it.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
does IU even have the rights to do it if they wanted to?

if so, relatively nothing to do it i'd think. take a couple media school guys along or managers could do it.
Yep. Jimmy Fallon ran the tonight show with his wife as the camera operator during the lockdown.

My guess is it's not televised for a reason other than a technical one. LOL

Personally, I say give them this one without all the BS second guessing and arm chair coaching.

Last edited:
Yep. Jimmy Fallon ran the tonight show with his wife as the camera operator during the lockdown.

My guess is it's not televised for a reason other than a technical one. LOL

Personally, I say give them this one without all the BS second guessing and arm chair coaching.
Can I get In Trouble for recording and posting on YouTube or other outlets?

One of the first articles I read said no tv and no streaming. Maybe they will be wrong.
Will their at least be radio?
That makes zero sense. Money to be made by providing video for a massive fan base hungry for a new beginning.

Reactions: UncleMark
My problem with it all is that it's probably spread across networks, much like the NBA playoffs. There's no guarantee you're watching it all unless you have a complete cable package, they're baiting for just that. It used to be you could get HULU or something and watch all games, but not anymore, probably cable's last stand. I won't cave until IU is legit top 10 again

normally the home school has rights, and IU's tv, and i presume streaming rights, belong to the B10.

that said, no idea who is the home team here, or if there even is one officially designated, or if any of the current rights agreements even cover this.

that said, coaches are often more secretive than politicians and military generals about things regardless of how irrelevant showing such games/scrimmages/practices are to any other program getting any kind of advantage from showing them.

no idea if Woody would allow streaming the games even if there were no legal issues, and hard to see how added exposure to your team being on Fantasy Island as a perk could hurt either recruiting or anything else.

i don't think IU fans care squat about any streaming being live, and would prefer to watch at their own convenience just to see the new players and how the holdover players are doing.

there would be virtually zero cost to recording the games and posting them on You Tube, or replaying them on BTN while BTN has absolutely nothing to show for the next 9 weeks other than filler.

BTN did show video this past spring of IU bball's trip around the world back in the 80s when "on the brink", and that was almost unwatchable from a picture quality pov after our now being spoiled by HD.

you think national airing multiple times of that video on BTN, or You Tube access, wouldn't have been a recruiting plus had it been aired back when it was happening.

normally the home school has rights, and IU's tv, and i presume streaming rights, belong to the B10.

that said, no idea who is the home team here, or if there even is one officially designated, or if any of the current rights agreements even cover this.

that said, coaches are often more secretive than politicians and military generals about things regardless of how irrelevant showing such games/scrimmages/practices are to any other program getting any kind of advantage from showing them.

no idea if Woody would allow streaming the games even if there were no legal issues, and hard to see how added exposure to your team being on Fantasy Island as a perk could hurt either recruiting or anything else.

i don't think IU fans care squat about any streaming being live, and would prefer to watch at their own convenience just to see the new players and how the holdover players are doing.

there would be virtually zero cost to recording the games and posting them on You Tube, or replaying them on BTN while BTN has absolutely nothing to show for the next 9 weeks other than filler.

BTN did show video this past spring of IU bball's trip around the world back in the 80s when "on the brink", and that was almost unwatchable from a picture quality pov after our now being spoiled by HD.

you think national airing multiple times of that video on BTN, or You Tube access, wouldn't have been a recruiting plus had it been aired back when it was happening.
Or..., Woodson may be expecting a beat down from the pros (or even subconsciously hoping for one) and is simply looking at these games for what they are: 10 extra practices and 2 scrimmages to instill what he wants to run and see who he can trust out there and who needs more work in specific areas before they're trusted with Real minutes...

He and Dolson are both smart enough to know that some fans are likely to panic in a major way if they actually watched how this particular brand of sausage was manufactured and most likely see no reason to kill all the positive vibes they have going on so far...

Not televising it is a smart move, in my opinion... If we get splattered like a bug on the wall "it's just a summer scrimmage" ; if we win big and some players get full of themselves..., its "hey dude, it was just a summer practice scrimmage"....

Only skewed fan impressions would come of it if it were televised...

Or..., Woodson may be expecting a beat down from the pros (or even subconsciously hoping for one) and is simply looking at these games for what they are: 10 extra practices and 2 scrimmages to instill what he wants to run and see who he can trust out there and who needs more work in specific areas before they're trusted with Real minutes...

He and Dolson are both smart enough to know that some fans are likely to panic in a major way if they actually watched how this particular brand of sausage was manufactured and most likely see no reason to kill all the positive vibes they have going on so far...

Not televising it is a smart move, in my opinion... If we get splattered like a bug on the wall "it's just a summer scrimmage" ; if we win big and some players get full of themselves..., its "hey dude, it was just a summer practice scrimmage"....

we'll agree to disagree on that.

Knight's on the brink team that toured the world playing exhibitions in exotic world locals took some beat downs.

better to be seen getting beat by pros in paradise while everyone else is home doing drills, than not being seen playing pros in paradise, while everyone else is home doing drills.

If there isn’t a big sign saying no recording violators will be prosecuted, there will be clips of the scrimmage online. Fatjohns gets a 2 minute highlight per him, I’ll make sure to have much more than that. Lol.

The only reason there are scholarships, Cook Halls, arenas, training tables, recruiting budgets, mega coach salaries is because alumni want to follow and watch the sport. By definition, fan views are skewed.

We are paying for this...show the damned games.

Reactions: UncleMark
If there isn’t a big sign saying no recording violators will be prosecuted, there will be clips of the scrimmage online. Fatjohns gets a 2 minute highlight per him, I’ll make sure to have much more than that. Lol.
Much easier to get forgiveness than permission. Go for it. Assuming you'll be using your phone, get one of those mini-tripods - very small, really cheap and easier/better all around.

Much easier to get forgiveness than permission. Go for it. Assuming you'll be using your phone, get one of those mini-tripods - very small, really cheap and easier/better all around.
I think it is gonna have to be like the street DVDs of movies still in theaters. Might have a few minutes of fat lady’s asses getting to their seats. Lucky for you I haven’t drank in 13 years and my hands aren’t that shaky. Undercover operation is the way to go.

I think the tripod would draw some attention, someone is bound to play video police if it is not going to be publicly broadcasted. I don’t wanna have to deal with that.

Signs? Cav pays attention to signs? I’m disappointed!

Signs? Cav pays attention to signs? I’m disappointed!
Ironic. I’m currently on the side of the border in lubec Maine. Wanted to check out Canada and the sign said border closed. It is so remote I drove through. Now my weed got confiscated and they are trying to prove I’m a citizen. This is insane.

Ironic. I’m currently on the side of the border in lubec Maine. Wanted to check out Canada and the sign said border closed. It is so remote I drove through. Now my weed got confiscated and they are trying to prove I’m a citizen. This is insane.

Insane? Like holding while crossing an international border? That'd be one word for it although given the remote nature of the area can sort of see it happening.

Strongly recommend using the word "Sir" (or Ma'am) every time you open your mouth until such time as they hopefully cut you loose.

Insane? Like holding while crossing an international border? That'd be one word for it although given the remote nature of the area can sort of see it happening.

Strongly recommend using the word "Sir" (or Ma'am) every time you open your mouth until such time as they hopefully cut you loose.
It’s legal in Maine and Canada

Oh the life of Sean. Never a dull moment. Looks like I’m not gonna play the herring golf course today, or ever! They were nice and realized the whole process was overkill and I made a simple mistake.
8-B8-CA31-F-225-B-4-E13-9981-4968302-D33-A6.jpg

Oh the life of Sean. Never a dull moment. Looks like I’m not gonna play the herring golf course today, or ever! They were nice and realized the whole process was overkill and I made a simple mistake.
So you're saying you could've crossed the border and then stopped by a dispensary and got your daily stash and played the golf course with a nice buzz.... Ehh, that sounds like a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
So are handguns but that doesn't mean you can simply drive them from one country to another, eh?
Eh is right! Thank god I wasn’t in my vehicle where I always have a gun, I don’t think it would have went the same direction if I had a glock under the wheel.

I did get out of a $500 fine because I had “a decent bit of marijuana” He didn’t mark it in the report and cut me a break.

Totally my fault for not thinking it would be like every other border, but if you saw this border, you would understand. It is just a tiny island considered Canada.

Reactions: kkott
what are the odds you got detained by a 7 year old?

Glad he capitalized Residue... must be a stoner himself.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT