ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Texas A&M (Austin Regional)

T6 continued: Miller lines out to second. Gorski singles through the left side, advancing to second on the throw, but Lloyd is thrown out at home. Sowers out at first.

Still 9-5 Indiana heading into B6.

hope they don't end up regretting that missed opportunity to add to their lead

B6: Texas A&M's Wingate grounds out to second. Bedford walks, then advances to second on a passed ball. Janca lines out to right. DeLoach grounds out to pitcher.

End of 6th inning: Indiana still leads 9-5

now make this one count....maybe with some smarter base-running?

T7: Fineman doubles to left. Bradley lines out to shortstop. During Walker's at-bat, Fineman is picked off at second. Walker grounds out to shortstop.

Still 9-5 Indiana heading into B7

Picked off second. Bradley in a sac position and hits a soft liner to SS.

Situational hitting and running has been frustrating. Shooting ourselves in foot.

There is a line between aggressive and head-scratching. We're approaching the latter.

Picked off second. Bradley in a sac position and hits a soft liner to SS.

Situational hitting and running has been frustrating. Shooting ourselves in foot.

There is a line between aggressive and head-scratching. We're approaching the latter.

agreed; not sure who's to blame--CCL? his staff (the 2 Kyles? others?). definitely some fundamentally unsound stuff at times

B7: Helman doubles to right. Shewmake strikes out swinging. Andritsos lines out to third. Foster hits an RBI up the middle.

Indiana 9, Texas A&M 6 with two outs

Going to be an interesting finish. If we can get a run here it would be enormous.

agreed; not sure who's to blame--CCL? his staff (the 2 Kyles? others?). definitely some fundamentally unsound stuff at times
starts at the top. But CL looked ticked after he was dead at home plate.

I've probably watched the last 6+ games. Houston is hitting .200. Haven't seen him ever attempt a bunt. I could be wrong , but don't recall one recently.

T8: Houston strikes out swinging. Kaletha lines out to second. Lloyd walks. Miller singles to shortstop, advancing Lloyd to second. Gorski grounds out to third.

Still 9-6 Indiana heading into B8

starts at the top. But CL looked ticked after he was dead at home plate.

I've probably watched the last 6+ games. Houston is hitting .200. Haven't seen him ever attempt a bunt. I could be wrong , but don't recall one recently.

Swings at a lot of bad pitches and flies out way too much.

Would hope he would reevaluate his approach in summer ball, although its hard to do.

T9: Sowers strikes out swinging. Fineman singles to right. Bradley reaches on a fielder's choice, Fineman out at second. Walker singles to right center, advancing Bradley to third. Walker steals second. Houston grounds out to the pitcher.

Still 9-6 Indiana heading into B9.

ADVERTISEMENT