ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Texas A&M (Austin Regional)

T1: Kaletha walks. Lloyd singles through the left side, advancing Kaletha to second. Miller hits an RBI single to center to score Kaletha and advance Lloyd to second.

Indiana 1, Texas A&M 0 with zero outs

T1 continued: Walker singles to center. During Houston's at-bat, Walker steals second. Houston grounds out to shortstop, advancing Walker to third. Kaletha walks.

HOME RUN: Lloyd with a 3-run shot to left.

Indiana 9, Texas A&M 0 with two outs.

T1 continued: Walker singles to center. During Houston's at-bat, Walker steals second. Houston grounds out to shortstop, advancing Walker to third. Kaletha walks.

HOME RUN: Lloyd with a 3-run shot to left.

Indiana 9, Texas A&M 0 with two outs.
Wow!

B1: Texas A&M's Zach DeLoach singles through the left side. Michael Helman strikes out swinging. Braden Shewmake doubles to right center, advancing DeLoach to third. Chris Andritsos hits a 2-RBI ground rule double down the left field line.

Indiana 9, Texas A&M 2 with one out

Reactions: topssuite
s0toqeB.jpg

Reactions: topssuite
B1 continued: Logan Foster reaches on a throwing error by the third baseman. Chandler Morris grounds into a double play.

End of 1st inning: Indiana 9, Texas A&M 2

B2: Texas A&M's Allonte Wingate doubles down the right field line. Cole Bedford grounds out to shortstop, advancing Wingate to third. George Janca hits an RBI single to right.

Indiana 9, Texas A&M 3 with one out.

OK, I'll be the 1st to say it: don't think a 6-run lead's safe here

B3: Texas A&M's Shewmake grounds out to third. Andritsos doubles to left center. Foster singles to center, advancing Andritsos to third. Morris strikes out swinging, then Foster gets picked off at second.

End of 3rd inning: Indiana still leads 9-3

So far so good . There are many here in Austin that like what we are seeing so far. It is very hot on the field today. But it does not look like you guys are missing a beat.

T4: Miller gets hit by pitch. Gorski reaches first on a fielder's choice, Miller out at second. During Sowers' at-bat, Gorski steals second. Sowers strikes out looking. During Fineman's at-bat, Gorski steals third. Fineman grounds out to first.

Still 9-3 Indiana heading into B4

B4: Texas A&M's Wingate singles to left center. Bedford grounds into a double play. Janca grounds out to shortstop.

End of 4th inning: Still 9-3 Indiana

T5: Bradley flies out to right. Walker reaches on a fielding error by the pitcher. During Houston's at-bat, Walker caught stealing. Houston walks. During Kaletha's at-bat, Houston steals second. Kaletha grounds out to pitcher.

Still 9-3 Indiana heading into B5

There is, in my book, an example of poorly executed baseball - walker leans, almost gets picked and then goes so A and M pitches out - don't need a stolen base there and I realize Houston was up - then Houston walks - I don't get it .... I just don't get it..... if you are so worried about Houston hitting into a DP make him put it on the ground - if he can''t do that he shouldn't be out there at all...

Reactions: mk23
Wait?? Our starter has been out there this whole time?!?! In that heat?!?! No wonder they’re coming back on us. He should have been replaced after the 3rd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT