ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Michigan State

T8: Michigan State's Proctor strikes out swinging. McGuire walks. Young flies out to center. Gleaves pops out to second.

Still 5-1 Michigan State heading into B8

B8 continued: Sowers strikes out swinging. Miller flies out to center. Cole Barr gets hit by pitch to load the bases. Wyatt Cross strikes out swinging, and Indiana leaves the bases loaded.

End of 8th inning: Michigan State leads 5-2

T9: Michigan State's Kelley flies out to center. Roskelly flies out to right. Antoncic strikes out swinging.

Bradley, Houston, Kaletha due up in B9 for Indiana. Michigan State still leading 5-2

Why would you not pinch hit in that situation?
.218 hitter in the 7th representing the tying run,seems like a no brainer to me.
Maybe it's the stellar defense we'd lose if we pinch hit for him. ;)

Reactions: CC Mac
B9: Bradley singles through the right side. Houston gets hit by pitch. Kaletha's sac-fly to right puts runners on the corners.

Pitching change for Michigan State: Lefty Mitchell Tyranski replaces Lowery.

T10: Michigan State's Iverson strikes out swinging. Bechina doubles down the left field line. Proctor strikes out swinging. McGuire grounds out to shortstop.

Still tied 5-5 heading into B10

B10: Miller flies out to center. Barr singles up the middle. During Cross' at-bat, Barr steals second.

Cross hits a walk off single to left to score Barr and win it for Indiana.

FINAL: Indiana 6, Michigan State 5. Hoosiers will face loser of Minnesota-Illinois Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET on BTN.

Reactions: Irregulars
Wow, I thought we were dead in the water the way we were playing. We played a major part in MSU being in the tournament after sweeping Maryland, but I thought MSU was being awful ungrateful for that the way they were treating us for most of the game.

Reactions: mk23 and CC Mac
Gotta second guess the MSU manager for throwing Tyranski in there after he had pitched 3.2 innings yesterday and got the loss vs. Minny.

We'll take it--we probably had an at-large cinched beforehand with a really good RPI, but this win almost certainly clinches it if it didn't before.

Gotta give those guys full credit. I was just about to turn it off when Gorski hammered that no-doubter. Then to come back and scratch one out in the 10th is just awesome. Love the tenacity they showed late in this game when I really thought they'd thrown in the towel. Great work fellas!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT