ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Maryland (Game 3)

T7: Maryland's Jancarski grounds out to third. Morris grounds out to shortstop. Wright singles to shortstop. Bednar strikes out swinging.

Still 13-3 Indiana heading into B7

B7: Pinch-hitting for Gorski, Laren Eustace walks. Sowers strikes out swinging. Pinch-hitting for Miller, Cole Barr strikes out swinging. Stratten strikes out swinging.

End of 7th inning: Indiana still leads 13-3

T8: Maryland's Lee singles to center. Dunn grounds out to first, Lee advances to second. Costes grounds out to shortstop. Biondic walks. Watson strikes out looking.

Still 13-3 Indiana heading into B8

B8: Lowe grounds out to shortstop. Houston singles up the middle. Cross strikes out looking. Pinch-hitting for Kaletha, Sam Crail strikes out looking.

End of 8th inning: Indiana still leads 13-3

T9: Maryland's Jancarski strikes out swinging. Morris strikes out looking. Wright lines out to first.

FINAL: Indiana wins 13-3. Hoosiers close regular season 37-15, 14-9 in Big Ten.

Actually, we play MICH. ILL overtook them for 3.

Nope. Illinois played 24 Big Ten games, finished 15-9, Michigan played 23, finished 15-8. Michigan got the No. 3 seed because they have the higher winning percentage in conference play (.652 to Illinois' .625), so Illinois is the No. 4 seed.

Sorry—a friend gave me bad info. He’s an Iowa fan, so blame him.

EDIT: I see what happened—the friend posted that ILL had beaten NEB when in fact they didn’t (didn’t feel I had to check his handiwork). Had ILL won, then ILL would’ve overtaken MICH for third.

Last edited:
I understand the point of the Student U broadcasts, and I've never complained before, but watching the highlights of the game with the audio...that play by play was brutal. Bad vocally and it sounded like they were broadcasting from a telephone booth.

Reactions: CF77 and mk23
May be, hoosierhero, but the field reporter was worth the price of admission. She came by my seat a couple of times with the BTN microphone in hand. Don't know her name but she was a very beautiful young lady.

Reactions: hoosierhero?2993
I understand the point of the Student U broadcasts, and I've never complained before, but watching the highlights of the game with the audio...that play by play was brutal. Bad vocally and it sounded like they were broadcasting from a telephone booth.

He speaks louder than most of the other student broadcasters and they forgot to adjust his volume accordingly

Reactions: hoosierhero?2993
May be, hoosierhero, but the field reporter was worth the price of admission. She came by my seat a couple of times with the BTN microphone in hand. Don't know her name but she was a very beautiful young lady.

She's also a cheerleader. Or was. Graduated this year.

Reactions: 82IU
ADVERTISEMENT