ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Maryland (Game 1)

T9: Maryland's Costes walks. Biondic strikes out swinging. Watson pops out to second. Jancarski grounds out to pitcher.

FINAL: Indiana 6, Maryland 5. Huge comeback capped by Luke Miller's 3-run home run in the bottom of the 8th lifts Hoosiers to fourth straight win.

Great comeback! Need to keep winning. Still hoping for a #2 seed.
Yeah, that win guarantees a spot in the B1G tourney, because going into this game there was an outside chance that we could have been left out if we were swept in this series

Reactions: Irregulars
B8 continued: Benches clear after Maryland pitcher John Murphy throws right at Ryan Fineman. Murphy was ejected. Maryland catcher Justin Vought shoved Fineman.
punk move

he was headed to the shower anyway

sleep on that one Murph :)

It was amusing when the Terps and Murphy acted incensed over Murphy being ejected. Anyone with just limited knowledge of baseball could tell the pitch at Fineman was intentional and not one that just got away.

Reactions: hoosierhero?2993
It was amusing when the Terps and Murphy acted incensed over Murphy being ejected. Anyone with just limited knowledge of baseball could tell the pitch at Fineman was intentional and not one that just got away.
Sure looked that way. His control was immaculate striking out the previous two hitters, gives up the Miller bomb and the lead, and then buzzes the tower on the first pitch to Stineman. Bush league.

IMO, the coach should have gotten his ass ejected for arguing so much about it.

It happened during last year's regular season series between Indiana and Maryland. But I don't think it's too common, but I've only seen it happen twice in my three seasons covering the Hoosier baseball program.

It's like someone from Indiana pissed in their beer.....same nonsense as last year from them. But it sure makes the last two games more interesting.

Regular season series finale for Indiana. First pitch at 6 p.m.

Just a couple of random comments after last night....

*Love the way Miller, Sowers & Lloyd are finishing strongly.....that's something that they will remember down the road......they put so much time & effort into the game...... its good to see them finish strong.
*I sure wish Jeremy would get control of the strike zone. He gives away 1-2 swings every at bat. It has to cost him 50 points on his average.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT