ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Kentucky

B6 continued: Gorski strikes out swinging. Fineman singles up the middle, advancing Lloyd to second. Bradley grounds out to second.

End of 6th inning: Still 6-5 Kentucky

B7 continued: Houston strikes out swinging, chasing a pitch out of the zone.

McGeorge throws one pitch to get the strikeout of Houston, but we have ANOTHER Kentucky pitching change.

Freshman lefty Mason Hazelwood replaces McGeorge.

B7 continued: Crail draws a walk on a full count to load the bases with two outs. Lloyd grounds out to first.

End of 7th inning: Kentucky still leads 6-5

Another poor approach at the plate. Freshman works a walk to load bases and Lloyd swings at first pitch. Terrible.

T8: Shinn strikes out swinging. Kessler strikes out swinging. Aklinski singles to center, then gets caught stealing at second.

Still 6-5 Kentucky heading into B8

B8: Gorski doubles on a dropped blooper by the right fielder. Fineman pops out to the pitcher on a bunt attempt. Bradley ground out to second, advancing Gorski to third. Sowers flies out to right.

End of 8th inning: Still 6-5 Kentucky.

Bunt Fineman with Gorski on 2nd? Sure, just give away outs when we are so damn clutch lately. Almost serves him right that Fineman popped it up. Geeeez.

Do we have the dumbest coach in the history of college baseball???? We have a runner on 2nd with no outs and we try to BUNT one of our best hitters, a power hitter??? And he pops it up, gets out and we never score the run from 2nd. I am so over this shite. We have already proved we can't score a run from 3rd with one out, why the hell even try that?

Reactions: mk23
CL is starting to remind me more and more of our last basketball coach. Seems to have very little “feel” for the game. Damn near every decision lately has backfired.

Disappointed. But these are kids.

Sometimes you have kids that have that undefineable "it".

That "it" that comes through in the clutch.

Sometimes you have kids (like me) that have talent... scare some people when given the chance... but ultimately return to their innate abilities...mentality.

We have gutsy kids that are great, but may lack "it".

Let's hope I'm wrong, and we go on a run here.

In the 9th, I had a brief fantasy of Christian Watford coming up to plate and hitting a 2-run homer to win it, but then reality hit again. While looking at the standings tonight, I realized that Nebraska could move a half a game ahead of us with a sweep this weekend at their place, and you know they know it, so there is extra motivation on their part. I don't think it will happen since both Minn and UK are better than them, but the possibility is still there.

B7 continued: Houston strikes out swinging, chasing a pitch out of the zone.

McGeorge throws one pitch to get the strikeout of Houston, but we have ANOTHER Kentucky pitching change.

Freshman lefty Mason Hazelwood replaces McGeorge.

Should have pinch hit for Houston.

He swung at 4 sweeping curve balls tonight which were way out of the zone. You could see that last K coming a mile away. The MIs were playing back. All he had to do was ground out to the middle of the field to tie the score.

B7 continued: Crail draws a walk on a full count to load the bases with two outs. Lloyd grounds out to first.

End of 7th inning: Kentucky still leads 6-5

Lloyd first pitch swinging on a sweeping curve ball out of the zone.....3 bouncer to 2nd.

The book is out there on Miller, Sowers, and Lloyd------first pitch curve ball all the way. No patience or discipline at the plate.

B8: Gorski doubles on a dropped blooper by the right fielder. Fineman pops out to the pitcher on a bunt attempt. Bradley ground out to second, advancing Gorski to third. Sowers flies out to right.

End of 8th inning: Still 6-5 Kentucky.

IU got several big breaks tonight.....the bloop double by Miller, the dropped fly on Gorski, the baserunner sliding by 2nd.......plus several UK pitchers who barely knew how to find the plate....and still lost the fricking game. These guys are hopeless and hekpless right now.

Do we have the dumbest coach in the history of college baseball???? We have a runner on 2nd with no outs and we try to BUNT one of our best hitters, a power hitter??? And he pops it up, gets out and we never score the run from 2nd. I am so over this shite. We have already proved we can't score a run from 3rd with one out, why the hell even try that?

I was actually ok with that bunt...we needed to tie the game and Fineman's a good bunter.

But I do think we may have the worst 3rd base coach in college baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT