ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Illinois (Big Ten Tournament Elimination Game)

T8: Sowers grounds out to shortstop. Miller singles to right. Bradley grounds out to catcher, but Miller advances to second.

Pitching change for Illinois: Righty Joey Gerber replaces Sefcik

B8: Illinois' Massey out at first. Michalak flies out to left. Turchin walks. Korte singles to right, advancing Turchin to third. David Craan comes on to pinch-run for Korte. Van Scoy grounds out to shortstop, stranding runners on the corners.

End of 8th inning: Still tied 4-4

And another failed bunt, Houston pops out to pitcher. If anyone thought it was just me, I think that has been disproven.

Reactions: mk23
And another failed bunt, Houston pops out to pitcher. If anyone thought it was just me, I think that has been disproven.

I can't believe we don't have someone else to play SS. Houston brings nothing to the party. Sorry bunt when we needed better.

B9: Illinois' Yalowitz singles to second. Taylor's sac-bunt advances Yalowitz to second. Troike Spillane is intentionally walked. Troike hits a walk-off RBI double to center.

FINAL: Illinois 5, Indiana 4. Hoosiers eliminated from Big Ten tournament

I can't believe we don't have someone else to play SS. Houston brings nothing to the party. Sorry bunt when we needed better.
some sloppy play by many tonight

we didn't deserve to win that game

Illinois is just a better team than us. They can do the little things, and we can not. As can most of the other big ten teams.

Reactions: mk23

I'm not sure why you'd even let him hit in that situation. Even I knew he was going to be overmatched by a kid who throws that hard.

That was nearly a catch by Kaletha in center, but the ball bounced off his glove, allowing the runner to score from second. Tough break.
Not a tough break. We got what was deserving of us. Kaleths can only make so many great catches to bail us out.

That was nearly a catch by Kaletha in center, but the ball bounced off his glove, allowing the runner to score from second. Tough break.
I know he had to go a ways to get it, but that's a ball he probably should catch. Bigger problem: If we can't beat people with the long ball, we seem to have trouble beating them at all.

Disappointing end to a disappointing tournament, following a disappointing regular season Big Ten finish. I'm sensing a theme, unfortunately. Maybe a week off will do them some good.

Reactions: dr.jb
I know he had to go a ways to get it, but that's a ball he probably should catch. Bigger problem: If we can't beat people with the long ball, we seem to have trouble beating them at all.

Disappointing end to a disappointing tournament, following a disappointing regular season Big Ten finish. I'm sensing a theme, unfortunately. Maybe a week off will do them some good.
Nah, this team will finish as expected. We will be a 3rd seed and lose 2 of 3 and that's it.

from 28-6 to 38-17....so 10-11 in last 21

The worst part tho, is Purdue is rolling when we were supposed to be the better baseball team. But we r good in swimming, right??

Reactions: iujumbo
Nearly complete lack of hitting fundamentals and discipline combined with horrible timing on botched defensive alignments, bad baserunning, and booted routine plays combined with almost always defying the baseball gods by ignoring proven baseball axioms gets us exactly what we got. Another promising start ending with a whimper.

We’ve got one more weekend to turn it around, but I’m not incredibly optimistic.

Reactions: dr.jb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT