ADVERTISEMENT

Game Planning

victorbear

All-Big Ten
Sep 28, 2005
Does Archie game plan at all??? Shouldn't the game plan have been to get Gaarza into foul trouble? For those that can remember Knight we as fans always knew the game plan and we would watch it develop in front of our eyes. I can't believe the game plan was to tell Green to shoot the first chance he gets and if it goes in keep shooting, cause that's not a very +EV strategy. Whatever we won and that seems to be all that matters to some of the mouth breathers here.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Does Archie game plan at all??? Shouldn't the game plan have been to get Gaarza into foul trouble? For those that can remember Knight we as fans always knew the game plan and we would watch it develop in front of our eyes. I can't believe the game plan was to tell Green to shoot the first chance he gets and if it goes in keep shooting, cause that's not a very +EV strategy. Whatever we won and that seems to be all that matters to some of the mouth breathers here.

Has it occurred to you that Archie knew that Garza would get his, so maybe the gameplan was to shut down everyone else?

Wins and losses are what matters, correct? We won, and it's bothering you that you've thrown out that they were injured and know Archie doesn't game plan. The troll in you is shining through hard right now.

Lol.

Has it occurred to you that Archie knew that Garza would get his, so maybe the gameplan was to shut down everyone else?

Wins and losses are what matters, correct? We won, and it's bothering you that you've thrown out that they were injured and know Archie doesn't game plan. The troll in you is shining through hard right now.

Lol.
Some people will bitch if you hung ‘em with a new rope . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: Al Bino

Lol.
Real tough when they had two of their best players out...…..Jesus

Lol.
No wins and losses don't always matter it's how you play the game cause in the long run that will equal the most success, if you get hung up on results you are going to be disappointed.

No wins and losses don't always matter it's how you play the game cause in the long run that will equal the most success, if you get hung up on results you are going to be disappointed.

What?

That is so stupid. The goal is win. The goal is to not lose while looking good. God, the more you post, the dumber you sound.

I think your starting to worry that your gonna be away from the board for a bit in a bet you made.

I have to laugh at this one! Instead of helping out on Garza he decided to let him get his while defending the threes. If I was him going forward I would continue to use this approach. Garza is a hell of a player. He knows how to defend without fouling out. Big Ten guys said the same. Great game plan don't allow open threes..

Let Garza get his and stop the rest of their largely unathletic team was a good game plan that resulted in a double digit B1G win.

What?

That is so stupid. The goal is win. The goal is to not lose while looking good. God, the more you post, the dumber you sound.

I think your starting to worry that your gonna be away from the board for a bit in a bet you made.
Wrong you know nothing about the game and are showing you ignorance my guess is you are under 30 years of age in other words-stupid.

Let Garza get his and stop the rest of their largely unathletic team was a good game plan that resulted in a double digit B1G win.
Wont work Sunday nor Wednesday gonna just let Oturu get 25 and stop the rest of the team, ok good game plan

Wrong you know nothing about the game and are showing you ignorance my guess is you are under 30 years of age in other words-stupid.

Let me help you out with this.....

"Wrong, you know nothing about the game and are showing your ignorance. My guess is you are under 30 years of age. In other words, stupid"

If your gonna call someone stupid, please write in complete sentences so the person doesn't have to constantly read run on sentences. My 7th grader learned that in elementary school.

And you not understanding that wins and losses are what matters shows that your understanding of the game is minimal and you taking a shot at our win any way you can shows that your the biggest troll on the board.

You are entertaining though.

Miller never game plans. Ever. He proudly admits that they wing it after watching the opponent warm up. Toughest thing is matching up which players IU will guard. It’s usually just based on height, as well who dribbles best.

Knight game planned extensively and, so all fans knew about it, would have a public dress rehearsal before games. Fans received notes and he encouraged both questions and suggestions. It was fun and everyone always learned something new about the team.

Miller never game plans. Ever. He proudly admits that they wing it after watching the opponent warm up. Toughest thing is matching up which players IU will guard. It’s usually just based on height, as well who dribbles best.

Knight game planned extensively and, so all fans knew about it, would have a public dress rehearsal before games. Fans received notes and he encouraged both questions and suggestions. It was fun and everyone always learned something new about the team.
He never had a public dress rehearsal that is bull. If anyone outside the coaching staff offered their opinions he would have gone nuts. He had walk throughs in closed off ballrooms on the road. He never shared any game plans with anyone.. Just stop..

Archie got it done last night. Im not ready to proclaim him the guy as the next two games we will see if this was for real or just a fluke.

The announcers yesterday said they watched Indiana work on taking away Iowa's inbound plays. Is that not game planning?

Your so full of it.

Garza has not fouled out all year and only had 3 or 4 games where he reached 4 fouls. What genius. Let's game plan to get him in foul trouble. LOL

If you're so confident in Archie how about a wager they lose both these road games you leave this board, or are you chicken

And what's in if for me?

You've already made a bet to leave the board, so what do I have to gain? They're gonna make the tournament so your time is almost up anyway.

I've never seen someone so upset over a IU win like you. Go back to the Purdue board, troll.

Lol.
If you look at the 3's Garza took, it really is an IU win if you think about it. He does a lot of damage closer, so to cause him to shoot 3's is the best plan. Now he did hit some so I think this bodes well for him at the next level. But if I had to choose my poison I would have him out there instead of down low.

that win last night really wrecked your evening, didn't it?

You bitch more after a win than a loss. Never thought that was possible. But now it makes sense. A win pisses you off more.

Again, your friends on GBI are waiting....

that win last night really wrecked your evening, didn't it?

You bitch more after a win than a loss. Never thought that was possible. But now it makes sense. A win pisses you off more.

Again, your friends on GBI are waiting....
My only complaint last night was this. I said, "If they played with this kind of fire last Saturday they would have beat Purdue".

My only complaint last night was this. I said, "If they played with this kind of fire last Saturday they would have beat Purdue".
If they played like that every game we'd be 20-4 and in the top 15.
although we did get sloppy in the second half. Too many turnovers.

Problem is, they almost never play like that on the road....and 4 of the next 5 are on the road.

That’s funny, I’m pretty sure Coach Knight employed a similar strategy against LSU and Shaq when we played them in the tourney. I.E, let him get his, just don’t let the rest of the team beat you. And considering the amount of points in the paint and overall attempts in the paint, it’s hard to argue that we weren’t putting pressure on Garza down low. The refs weren’t blowing the whistles on him....so be it. I really get a kick out of wondering who you are in real life. I had a buddy who was a closet internet troll. Turned out he was depressed about his career and his wife left him. What could your dysfunction be??.....hmmmm.

That’s funny, I’m pretty sure Coach Knight employed a similar strategy against LSU and Shaq when we played them in the tourney. I.E, let him get his, just don’t let the rest of the team beat you. And considering the amount of points in the paint and overall attempts in the paint, it’s hard to argue that we weren’t putting pressure on Garza down low. The refs weren’t blowing the whistles on him....so be it. I really get a kick out of wondering who you are in real life. I had a buddy who was a closet internet troll. Turned out he was depressed about his career and his wife left him. What could your dysfunction be??.....hmmmm.
Stupid IU fans mainly like you.

Wont work Sunday nor Wednesday gonna just let Oturu get 25 and stop the rest of the team, ok good game plan
It worked for Knight when he let Shaquille O’Neal get his but stopped the rest of the team. Too Baghdad Knight isn’t conducting coaching seminars any more-might help you, “Coach”.

Stupid IU fans mainly like you.

Oh man. The person who loves to talk about Snowflakes appears to have his feathers a bit ruffled. My guess is that you’re a part timer at Kinko’s/Fed Ex and you eat Subway for lunch, daily! Italian BMT would be a bit progressive for you, so I’m gonna go with Ham. And u definitely get the cookies instead of the chips. Thoughts guys??

He never had a public dress rehearsal that is bull. If anyone outside the coaching staff offered their opinions he would have gone nuts. He had walk throughs in closed off ballrooms on the road. He never shared any game plans with anyone.. Just stop..
Are you really this dense?

The announcers yesterday said they watched Indiana work on taking away Iowa's inbound plays. Is that not game planning?

Your so full of it.
And “your” not very bright, are you? Why didn’t you attend school as a child?

Maybe we need an entrance exam for this place. Is there a suggestion box somewhere?

And “your” not very bright, are you? Why didn’t you attend school as a child?

Maybe we need an entrance exam for this place. Is there a suggestion box somewhere?

Posting on my phone. My bad, oh righteous one.

When your point gets shut down, change the subject. It's your go to. Never fails.

But go on and tell us how Archie never game plans and while your at it, please provide a link to your proof, since it's out there, I'm sure, correct?

Posting on my phone. My bad, oh righteous one.

When your point gets shut down, change the subject. It's your go to. Never fails.

But go on and tell us how Archie never game plans and while your at it, please provide a link to your proof, since it's out there, I'm sure, correct?
see u sunday at 3:00pm

Are you really this dense?
I sat behind the bench on several occasions when Knight was coach. I met several former players including Steve Downing assistant athletic director. I heard how he got his team ready. Sorry but this is how it was. I have no idea how you came up with your story..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT